+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, Mists of pandaria in Fun Stuff; Well the level 85+ story has been enjoyable so far. Quick rundown of my thoughts after day one... Dungeons Ran ...

Thank Post
    Well the level 85+ story has been enjoyable so far.

Quick rundown of my thoughts after day one...

Dungeons
    Ran the two new dungeons available at that level, bye bye heroic raiding gear replaced by blues

The quest rewards seemed to be tailored to your spec/class so you don't get junk rewards, unless the stats are worse. Whoever designed the brewery dungeon must have been taking some mind altering narcotics, its random, crazy and fun. (ie the 2nd to last boss is a giant rabbit you have to kill to steal his giant carrot)

Questing
    The questing in Pandaria has been fun, seems to flow quite smoothly and starts off with a bang, ill try not to give away any spoilers but there are quests where you get to play as other people with unique play styles, but other than a few cinematic quest lines i have done so far its padded with the good old "get 10 rat tails" staple of most MMO's

Pandamon
    Did a bit of this last night while waiting for my OH to get off work. It's basically Pokemon, so if you liked that you will enjoy it. People who collect things in game like vanity pets should enjoy it too because you can pretty much collect any critter you see now without having to rep grind. You can challenge most critters and a few new in the wild pets like miniature harvester robots, it follows the whole flying>critter, humanoid > dragonkin design which makes it a bit rock paper scissors ish, but you get to have 3 pets in your "team" so worth balancing them out.

Pandaville

Not tried the farmville stuff yet, its level 86+ and only just got to 86 before bed, did a few missions that seem to lead to it that seem okay, just like daily's.

Pandas oh my

Not created a Panda, figured the starting area's would be flooded right now. The ones i have seen running around and the NPC's seem pretty cool. There is no guild invites allowed in the first 10 levels before you choose faction, so finding guild mates might take a bit more effort if your that kind of group player. They have a very zen like philosophy as far as NPC's go which follows the whole oriental theme. The turtle mounts they use look nice, looking forward to getting one of those. No annoying voices like gnomes (yay!)

Monk class

Not personally played this yet, but my guild mate got his to level 25~ yesterday. He normally plays a feral druid like me, and said its as fun if not more so to play. Some of the mechanics on the skills are quite cool, for example the flying kick will proc different results depending on your position to the target, standing behind them gives +dmg, in front will heal you. I think he went down the tank route so not sure how their healing or damage spec is.

Professions
    Skinning/leatherworking on my main. Not much to say, new armor kits and gear available from the trainer. New mobs drop new types of leather (exotic) / scraps (sha touched).

My OH is a miner/Jewel Craft, new ore we have seen is ghost iron / rich ghost iron. 3 jewel crafting recipe's dropped while questing all unique so she was happy.

Mini spoiler because its so awesome

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Gizmo and Socks
    Last edited by LiamH; 26th September 2012 at 08:31 AM.

Thank Post
    Getting to grips with the monk class here (Pandaran of course) after starting a new character after being fairly disillusioned with all the other I have. Leveling with a friend in instances mainly with him as the tank and me as the DPS/Healer, and with the monk that role really does exist. For the content at the moment (which admittedly is very easy) I can heal the whole party just with passive heals through doing cool kung-fu melee moves while not being far behind decent DPS'ers and ahead of most of them . The talent system is a bit sucky when leveling, only getting to pick something every 15 levels but I can see why they did it for end game play.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,468 Times in 1,912 Posts
    Blog Entries
    When I get my net connection back, I may have a nose. What've I got to lose? Other than a few quid?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,960 Times in 1,358 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    What've I got to lose?
    Your free time, your sanity, your social skills, degradation to your eyesight, carpal tunnel [alright that's a gain... but not a good one.]

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    Your free time, your sanity, your social skills, degradation to your eyesight, carpal tunnel [alright that's a gain... but not a good one.]
    Sanity? Social Skills? Eyesight? I've got none of those already...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Sanity? Social Skills? Eyesight? I've got none of those already...
    No eyesight?

THEN WHO WAS PHONE? How are you planning to see the game.

Note: I'm not disputing your lack of sanity.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    No eyesight?

THEN WHO WAS PHONE? How are you planning to see the game.
    I enjoy the sounds... Ok, maybe no eyesight is an exaggeration...

Thank Post
    Only did a few quests in Jade Forest last night, spent most of time either playing pokťWoW (Personal World Destroyer's doing some right damage) and leveling a Panda monk tank (Alliance of course).

Think the main thing I like about the monk is the resource systems, it plays like a beat 'em up to set up your attacks in some way, weaker attacks lead into a strong combo. Entirely possible to energy starve, use up your Chi (combo points) then energy starve again, repeating the whole process.

Plus, who doesn't like a spec based around hitting people with / throwing booze at people?!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcGuigan View Post
    Plus, who doesn't like a spec based around hitting people with / throwing booze at people?!
    STOP MAKING ME WANT TO PLAY WoW AGAIN!!!

Thank Post
    STOP MAKING ME WANT TO PLAY WoW AGAIN!!!
    I was happily a Secret World / Old Republic player until a week before it hit.. In the middle of a conversation with a colleague about it I drifted to the "Pre-Order" button without thinking.. it would appear it was also the digital deluxe edition

I don't regret going back, what I do regret is deleting 4/4 of my level 85's and having to level a 61 to 85 in a week after moving server. No point paying £60 to move them all though I suppose, can level fairly quickly.
    Last edited by DMcGuigan; 26th September 2012 at 10:55 AM. Reason: typo

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I was happily a Secret World / Old Republic player until a week before it hit.. In the middle of a conversation with a colleague about it I drifted to the "Pre-Order" button without thinking.. it would appear it was also the digital deluxe edition

I don't regret going back, what I do regret is deleting 4/4 of my level 85's and having to level a 61 to 85 in a week after moving server. No point paying £60 to move them all though I suppose, can level fairly quickly.
    I could never level that fast... I think I only have 2 characters.

Both Blood elves. One Rogue, one DK. [Blue glowy eyes FTW.]

If I DO go back, and that's a big IF, I may delete my DK and make a zombie panda.

Thank Post
    I could never level that fast... I think I only have 2 characters.

Both Blood elves. One Rogue, one DK. [Blue glowy eyes FTW.]

If I DO go back, and that's a big IF, I may delete my DK and make a zombie panda.
    Mine were mostly tanks, Human DK, Worgen Warrior, Dwarf Pally and a Draenei Mage.. I like to tanky tanky :P

Leveling's simple now, I did 61-70 on the Saturday and was hitting 2-4 levels a day through the weekdays playing 6/7 til about 11.. hit 85 on Friday at about 4PM. Add heirlooms for XP boosts to that equation, and you've got some speedy leveling.

I don't do horde anymore, but the panda zone made me feel like the horde were the good guys. Do love the lore surrounding the origin of the two factions though, so I know the hordies aren't all bad guys. They just need a hug!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    They just need a hug!
    I nearly spat out the coffee I haven't made yet thinking about someone hugging Garrosh.

On the topic of Kung-Fu Pandarian, I'm DEFINATELY getting the WoW comic of it.

I also need to pick up the Worgen origin trade.
    Last edited by X-13; 26th September 2012 at 11:07 AM.

Thank Post
    I nearly spat out the coffee I haven't made yet thinking about someone hugging Garrosh.

On the topic of Kung-Fu Pandarian, I'm DEFINATELY getting the WoW comic of it.

I also need to pick up the Worgen origin trade.
    I have been meaning to pick up the comic.. may have to add that to my list of "things I really want but can only afford 2/3 of" along with my new keyboard, SSD, 2 copies of borderlands 2 and countless other objects

I would hug Garrosh though.. if I was a rogue.. with a knife. *backstab*

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I would hug Garrosh though.. if I was a rogue.. with a knife. *backstab*
    I always play rogue. Even though I'm not good at it.

I have been meaning to pick up the comic.. may have to add that to my list of "things I really want but can only afford 2/3 of" along with my new keyboard, SSD, 2 copies of borderlands 2 and countless other objects
    Also, I already have the Worgan comics, but as single issues.

I want the trade as well.

Singles for sale, trade for keep.
    Last edited by X-13; 26th September 2012 at 11:15 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast