+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gaming Thread, The Humble Indie bundle- Pay what you want in Fun Stuff; If you don't know about the humble indie bundle basically it's a collection of indie developed games including Bastion, Limbo ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Exclamation The Humble Indie bundle- Pay what you want

If you don't know about the humble indie bundle basically it's a collection of indie developed games including Bastion, Limbo and several others which you can purchase for what ever you want and choose what percentage goes towards developers or charity, if you pay over the average which is only $7.84 at the moment you also get Bastion which in itself is worth that! These bundles only last for a few weeks and this is the fifth release so get them while you still can!

Oh try and play Amnesia in the dark, a generally scary game

The Humble Indie Bundle V (pay what you want and help charity)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bondbill2k2 View Post
    If you don't know about the humble indie bundle basically it's a collection of indie developed games including Bastion, Limbo and several others which you can purchase for what ever you want and choose what percentage goes towards developers or charity, if you pay over the average which is only $7.84 at the moment you also get Bastion which in itself is worth that! These bundles only last for a few weeks and this is the fifth release so get them while you still can!

Oh try and play Amnesia in the dark, a generally scary game

The Humble Indie Bundle V (pay what you want and help charity)
    I downloaded the Amnesia demo on steam a while back, and I remember this game genuinely scaring the c**p out of me!!!

Thanks for the heads up on this! Will certainly take a closer look!

Thank Post
    I bought the bundle and paid more then the average of $7.50, the claim they cost $110 separately is a bit over the top, but Bastion is a fun game and worth paying more then average for I would say.

I haven't played all the games yet but the ones I have can easily kill a few hours. I like the slider to choose who deserves the money!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 991 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Humble Bundle V is incredible

I already had most of these - Psychonauts twice already, Bastion, Limbo, and I don't want to play Amnesia because I am a coward - but I ended up getting it for the Bastion OST, for the most part. I like the look of the Sword and Sorcery EP as well, mind.

The current Indie Royale is also excellent but only has 6 hours left, so hurry up on that one if you fancy it!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    The current Indie Royale is also excellent but only has 6 hours left, so hurry up on that one if you fancy it!
    This seems like a good one. Haven't played the majority of them, but The Ship is worth more than the minimum price alone!

Thank Post
    I already own The Ship which is great fun. Actually, if anyone wants it, I have a 'gift voucher' for The Ship to hook someone up with a copy.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    RPS loved both The Void and 1000 Amps so I'd say it's worth a punt. Dead Pixels is new and keeps getting mentioned around a lot, so may be worthwhile as well.

Let's be honest, at 4, even if you didn't like the look of any of the games it's worth a pop.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sorry for the double post, I already owned Bastion CURSE YOU STEAM SALES and posted the steam code on FB for it, im sure someone will of taken it by now

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bondbill2k2 View Post
    Sorry for the double post
    Let's be honest, the more people know about this, the better

Thank Post
    Well, purchased yesterday and downloaed 4 out of 5.

Bastion: Had a quick blast and seems good fun. Going to take a while to adapt to the controls, but it seems like great fun.

Amnesia: I thought the demo was scary, well this is far worse! Playing in the dark with headphones for an hour left me seriously freaked out!

LIMBO: While I have no idea what it's about, im finding it really addictive and visually awesome!

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery: Only played for 5 mins, again seems interesting and will take a while to get going in it I think.

Physconaughts: To be downloaded...

So overall, an awesome selection of games for the price!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Bastion: Had a quick blast and seems good fun. Going to take a while to adapt to the controls, but it seems like great fun.
    The best thing about Bastion is that any combination of weapons is effective, so you can just pick the two you like best. Although of course, all right minded people will pick the knives and the blunderbuss

LIMBO: While I have no idea what it's about, im finding it really addictive and visually awesome!
    You're looking for your sister, and for some reason everything is trying to kill you. It is a surprisingly brutal game as well, some of the deaths are gruesome even in cartoon silhouette...

Pyschonauhts: To be downloaded...
    Use an Xbox 360 controller if you have one - makes the game much easier to play (and thus much more fun). The platforming is not the greatest, just the genius of Tim Schafer's mind. <3 the milkman level.

Thank Post
    Use an Xbox 360 controller if you have one - makes the game much easier to play (and thus much more fun). The platforming is not the greatest, just the genius of Tim Schafer's mind. <3 the milkman level.
    Yep, got one of those bad boys. Think I may get it out for Bastion too.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yep, got one of those bad boys. Think I may get it out for Bastion too.
    Oh yeah, definitely - it's a joy with the controller there, makes much more sense.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Amnesia: I thought the demo was scary, well this is far worse! Playing in the dark with headphones for an hour left me seriously freaked out!

The first time you see an enemy out the corner of your eye! EEP! Just passed the water section.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    They've now added three new games - Lone Survivor, Super Meat Boy and Braid. If you've already bought the bundle, they're added for free; if you haven't yet bought it (WHY NOT) then you get them when you beat the average, which you should be doing anyway in order to get Bastion.

If you do not buy this offer then you will be required to give up your PC for being a terrible, terrible fool. Anyone disagree with that?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast