+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Diablo III in Fun Stuff; think thats why I have kind of lost interest in this, though the sun and RL has gotten in the ...
    Thank Post
    think thats why I have kind of lost interest in this, though the sun and RL has gotten in the way also, I basically as a barb on normal and it was basically "cleave, cleave, cleave, seismic, seismic, seismic with stun enabled" all the way through, wished I rolled something else on the first character now, because this game seems more repetitive and the barb is just too squishy as it is.

The thought of going through that again on a higher difficulty level just doesnt hold a lot of sway for me either, WoW is bad enough with repetition, but diablo seems an infinitely smaller game by comparison, not less fun to play in all this, just seems more grindy to me because its much more linear to play through.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 1,100 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SHimmer45 View Post
    as in bootcamp XP on the pc?
    not really up with Macs
    Yep ... except I run with Windows 7 on the iMac. I used to run Windows Vista on the MBP and it was a dream ... I never really understood why people moaned about Vista being buggy and crashing. I now use virtualisation software (parallels) instead on the MBP when I need to do windows related stuff, but prefer BootCamp on the desktop machine.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_tech View Post
    think thats why I have kind of lost interest in this, though the sun and RL has gotten in the way also, I basically as a barb on normal and it was basically "cleave, cleave, cleave, seismic, seismic, seismic with stun enabled" all the way through, wished I rolled something else on the first character now, because this game seems more repetitive and the barb is just too squishy as it is.

The thought of going through that again on a higher difficulty level just doesnt hold a lot of sway for me either, WoW is bad enough with repetition, but diablo seems an infinitely smaller game by comparison, not less fun to play in all this, just seems more grindy to me because its much more linear to play through.
    Having always been a Mage (before I got into Pala and Druid Tanking in WoW) I went with a Wizard and I really enjoy the varied play style. Most of the time I stick to certain primary and secondary spells but the variety of functionality gives me options to customise my attacks depending on the mobs and boss tacs. Often I find myself changing my spells before a boss fight - I know I did with Butcher. The only problem with the Wizard is that it's a bit squishy, especially when paired with the Scoundrel or Enchantress. I tend to have better survivability with the Templar on a mixed heal/prot spec.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Had someone run the halls of agony or what ever they are called last night on my first public open game, a level 45 barbarian then stood to one side as I'm against the butcher 1v1 with my level 13 mage. Thankfully it was only normal but enemys are meant to scale depending on the number in your party, no worries still managed to kill him first time no deaths. I think I'm prob best off keeping the game private on my first normal play then party up after I've seen the story and explored abit more. Yellow/Gold loot ftw
    Last edited by bondbill2k2; 30th May 2012 at 10:57 AM.

Thank Post
    I'm playing
    Level 60 Wizard. Suiciding my way through Inferno.
    Well, when I say playing... I would if the servers were ever up !

Thank Post
    I only play on weekends for a couple of hours at the moment, the will just isnt there to play on the weekdays at the moment, as im trying to minimise my IT usage throughout the week now and ease up on it outside of work. But I have to agree, there is just way too much in the way of outages at the moment for the game.

Thank Post
    The best way of getting gear/money at the moment (to make inferno possible) is just to team up with someone and skip all content up to Act 4 inferno (you do have to kill the end act bosses but they aren't a huge issue compared to the rare packs). On Act 4 you get Tyrael as a helper who can kill things for you including some bosses which drop the highest level gear possible as its Act 4. It's a shame this is the best way to gear up for actually killing things yourself on inferno, but it is.
    Last edited by Valentine; 31st May 2012 at 11:43 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Decided to have a game just now.............again its down!

Thank Post
    yep not been able to get on for a few days. I held fire after launch to hopefully avoid these kinds of issues >.<

Thank Post
    Argh tell me about it. I tried to get on last night for a quick half hour before aerobics and got error code 37. When I finally got past this and logged in it took 10 minutes to load my hero list. Once that was loaded I tried to resume my game and got a whole spectrum of errors preventing me from actually resuming my game. When I finally logged in and actually made progress on the questline (all 7 minutes of it) I was halfway through fighting an epic mob with the promise of decent loot when 'Error 37 - you have been disconnected from the server' ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So I'll have to start AGAIN assuming I can get on tonight ofc.

Thank Post
    same here sat looking at the load character screen, played some SC2 instead...
    Odd that for a usually very polished release machines (balance fixes aside) this is not very smooth at present.
    understand the need to preven piracy and hacking but surely when you connect to Bnet it can check your character hasnt been fiddled with.?

Thank Post
    Got in after about half hour last night.

errors on continuing first game, but stayed logged in OK.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 1,100 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't want to see 37 all the time ... I thought the answer was 42!!!

Thank Post
    So anyone else hit the Act II Inferno wall? I have now swapped out my Int gear for Gold Find gear and headed back to Act 1 to farm the Dank Cellar till I can buy better gear

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by davidbrg1 View Post
    So anyone else hit the Act II Inferno wall? I have now swapped out my Int gear for Gold Find gear and headed back to Act 1 to farm the Dank Cellar till I can buy better gear
    Haha yeah when you first reach act 2 inferno it's a right pain!
    I'm act 3 inferno now and can solo most of it apart from some annoying elite packs ( Solo play is so much easier than being in a party - which sucks because it forces you to play alone )

What class do you play?
    Blizzard nerfed gold drop from urns etc as well, at least the most popular spot in the royal crypts has been heavily nerfed ( down from 10-15k gold per minute to 2k..)
    I would say your best off farming the last quest in Act1. The one with the warden and the butcher. Make sure you have 5 valor stacks before the warden and you can get some 'okish' drops.
    Or depending on your gear, and if your happy to abuse a bug you can skip the whole of act 2 and farm the seigebreaker quest in Act 3.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast