+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Diablo III in Fun Stuff; Yeah, the teeth are required to make the rare (yellow) crafting items at the blacksmith on Normal Difficulty....

Thank Post
    Yeah, the teeth are required to make the rare (yellow) crafting items at the blacksmith on Normal Difficulty.

Thank Post
    ahh fair enough only on the 3rd level of the blacksmith, been using lower level chars to grind areas for cash to fund the smith.

Thank Post
    You don't really need to grind for him, by the end of Normal you'll have enough gold playing normally to get him to level 5. From there on you'll need pages of blacksmithing (which only drop on Nightmare) and gold to level him up.

Thank Post
    I have a level 55 Barb and have just started act 2 on hell, im getting my ass kicked so bad to the point if I meet a big bad group or blue/gold monster i get owned in a few hits. i have found that farming leorics manor is very good for building up your gear for the difficulty your on, I was going from dead in 1-5 hits to lasting much longer just from getting gear from this area and a little respec on ability's.

I cant help but think the Barb is way underpowered though, I was playing with a wizard friend last night who is 5 levels below me and he was doing much better, the gear you need to use with the Barb needs to be top notch with high resist to stand any chance of staying alive and i dread to think how hard Inferno is going to be. I like a challenge though.

Is any one else finding the Blacksmiths gear a little poor in relation to how much it costs to upgrade him each time, drops from gold/blue monsters seem to be much better!

Thank Post
    Yeah - the BS has been rubbish for me so far... one tip I do have, is to vender all your blues and yellows (or auction yellows with decent stats for lowish buyouts, then buy dust if you want to craft anything... Most blues sell for 100+, and you can buy dust for around 24g, so for every blue you get at least 4 dusts rather than the 1 you'd get for salvaging

Thank Post
    in D2 found the barb suffered in the later levels unless gear was good because its the need for him to be in direct contact with the mobs which is where the gear is so important, the casters/ranged suffered less from this.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SHimmer45 View Post
    in D2 found the barb suffered in the later levels unless gear was good because its the need for him to be in direct contact with the mobs which is where the gear is so important, the casters/ranged suffered less from this.
    It works much in the same way for D3, barbs in inferno are killed in about 3-4 hits sometimes, whereas the wizards are able to solo the full thing. They've since nerfed the wizard's force armor, it was essentially making them invincible with the right build

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SHimmer45 View Post
    mate wasnt amused as the game brings a 3/4 yr old intel Mac to its knees....
    If he hasnt already tell him to try bootcamp as OSX is generally very poor for games performance. WoW on mac ran at 30 fps, on the same kit in windows it was at 70fps.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rob101 View Post
    Is any one else finding the Blacksmiths gear a little poor in relation to how much it costs to upgrade him each time, drops from gold/blue monsters seem to be much better!
    Yes, the Blacksmith it very poor for the money. I don't think I've used a single item from him yet as its too poor and I have collected better in the world.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AMLightfoot View Post
    Yes, the Blacksmith it very poor for the money. I don't think I've used a single item from him yet as its too poor and I have collected better in the world.

There seems to be a lot of game areas that need polishing for a game that took 10 years!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,738 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    If he hasnt already tell him to try bootcamp as OSX is generally very poor for games performance. WoW on mac ran at 30 fps, on the same kit in windows it was at 70fps.
    I've even found that running it under Parallels on my 3 year old MBP (with nowt else running) works better than on OSX. Thankfully the home desktop (iMac) now set up with BootCamp for most of my gamin needs ... just need to pick up a Win98 image again to run some games (last one died on an ageing external drive and the CD is scratched to hell).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcGuigan View Post
    It works much in the same way for D3, barbs in inferno are killed in about 3-4 hits sometimes, whereas the wizards are able to solo the full thing. They've since nerfed the wizard's force armor, it was essentially making them invincible with the right build
    Not quite invincible but it did make bosses a joke (some are still a joke on inferno without it). They seem to be trying to remove any abilities which enable you to finish the game currently Demon Hunters will probably get another nerf soon as they can still do it. I would say no class can kill all types of rare pack on inferno yet (at least not without dying a huge amount) but unfortunately teaming up with other people just makes all of you even less able to kill any of them rather than making it easier which they really need to fix.
    Last edited by Valentine; 29th May 2012 at 02:47 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentine View Post
    Not quite invincible but it did make bosses a joke. They seem to be trying to remove any abilities which enable you to finish the game currently Demon Hunters will probably get another nerf soon as they can still do it. I would say no class can kill all types of rare pack on inferno yet (at least not without dying a huge amount) but unfortunately teaming up with other people just makes all of you even less able to kill any of them rather than making it easier which they really need to fix.
    I agree with their nerfs to be honest, it doesn't seem fair to have a totally overpowered character within 2 weeks who can solo top difficulty. For now I think the only way to do inferno SHOULD be to team up with a nice diverse group, but somewhere down the line, after gearing for a while, solo'ing should be completely viable for all classes. I'm currently playing Barbarian, and I've already noticed the difficulty ramp up significantly on Nightmare (really don't like any combination including mortar/molten/vortex/arcane empowered). I welcome the challenge though! I solo'd normal for the story, but multiplayer for me now with some friends.

Though currently grinding achievements... I love me some achievements

Thank Post
    as in bootcamp XP on the pc?
    not really up with Macs

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    add me my battletag is bondbill2k2#2837

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast