+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, Diablo III in Fun Stuff; Nah, it's free to play. Mind you Blizzard have setup an official Diablo auction site for online items which you ...
    Thank Post
    Nah, it's free to play. Mind you Blizzard have setup an official Diablo auction site for online items which you can buy/sell for real cash. Blizzard take a 15% cut on everything sold though!

Some folks on the battle net forums have been saying they've gotten conected but I think they're telling fibs. All i'm getting is "error 37: server busy".
    Last edited by flyinghaggis; 14th May 2012 at 11:45 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,355 Times in 828 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghaggis View Post
    Nah, it's free to play. Mind you Blizzard have setup an official Diablo auction site for online items which you can buy/sell for real cash. Blizzard take a 15% cut on everything sold though!
    Wow nuts!

Thank Post
    Server Status - Diablo III

Looks like Asia is the only realm up. I reckon all the Koreans/Chinese have got EU/US accounts (rather than their own) to farm items on the auction house and that's why the servers are overloaded

Thank Post
    I was just too knackered last night to play the game, ended up going to bed early, the whole micro transaction/revenue thing is massive these days in these MMO games too, which is why blizz put it in a new game rather than retroactively add it into running games (Their previous stances with wow, imo make it very awkward to add in direct game rewards, everything they have added so far for cash, has been vanity item related, I think it would cause uproar if they went down this avenue in wow, though knowing them, it will probably happen somewhere in the future)

Hopefully ill be awake enough after my welsh class tonight to have a couple of hours on the game, should I be able to connect

Thank Post
    1 hour 7 minutes to log in..
    10 minutes of game play and disconnected... but before wailing and gnashing could take place it had only chucked us out to the character select screen.. at which point we logged straight back in and "I" played up till the just past the skeleton King battle.
    By that time is was 1:30 am and I needed to kick in my "work in the morning" protocols.

Thank Post
    after having to redownload the whole game installer at 10.50, i fell asleep at desk woke up at 3am installed fell back asleep played at 5 :P
    left for work at 7.30 time played so far 2 hours. loving it so far. just waiting to see if any of the kids here notice i was up early.

Thank Post
    Still no sign of it yet.. I blame royal mail

Luckily the install will be fairly quick and I've got the skeleton king section of the game down to about an hour speed run in beta..
    Can't have everyone overtaking me can I?

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_tech View Post
    I was just too knackered last night to play the game, ended up going to bed early, the whole micro transaction/revenue thing is massive these days in these MMO games too, which is why blizz put it in a new game rather than retroactively add it into running games (Their previous stances with wow, imo make it very awkward to add in direct game rewards, everything they have added so far for cash, has been vanity item related, I think it would cause uproar if they went down this avenue in wow, though knowing them, it will probably happen somewhere in the future)

Hopefully ill be awake enough after my welsh class tonight to have a couple of hours on the game, should I be able to connect
    Dw i'n hoffi siarad Cymraeg! How are you learning?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Dw i'n hoffi siarad Cymraeg! How are you learning?
    Dw i'n gweithio fel technegydd mewn ysgol iaith Cymraeg, I work as a technician in a Welsh Language school.

Despite not being a welsh speaker (I dropped welsh at year 9 when I was in school for German, something in the benefit of hindsight that was daft, considering I have no intention of ever going to or working in Germany). I am learning as an adult now via Cymraeg i Oedolion - Cymraeg i Oedolion | Welsh for Adults

The school I work in supports me in learning Welsh (the immersion of the environment, is very good for picking up the vocabulary)and the class is not expensive - £100 for a years lessons on the intensive course(2 hours 2 nights a week), which the school reimburse me for, I am nearing the end of year one now, I estimate it will take about 3 years to get up to fluency where I work.
    Last edited by rich_tech; 15th May 2012 at 09:59 AM.

Thank Post
    Any EduGeek is welcome to add me. My RealID is
    blizzard
    at
    do ignore this line
    gendiit.com

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_tech View Post
    Dw i'n gweithio fel technegydd mewn ysgol iaith Cymraeg, I work as a technician in a Welsh Language school.

Despite not being a welsh speaker (I dropped welsh at year 9 when I was in school for German, something in the benefit of hindsight that was daft, considering I have no intention of ever going to or working in Germany). I am learning as an adult now via Cymraeg i Oedolion - Cymraeg i Oedolion | Welsh for Adults

The school I work in supports me in learning Welsh (the immersion of the environment, is very good for picking up the vocabulary)and the class is not expensive - £100 for a years lessons on the intensive course(2 hours 2 nights a week), which the school reimburse me for, I am nearing the end of year one now, I estimate it will take about 3 years to get up to fluency where I work.
    I'm kinda sub-entry level at the moment. I can say some very basic things in first person and that's about it. Using SaySomethingInWelsh » How to learn real, natural Welsh but being naughty and not practicing every day...

As for immersion, I live in London so no other Welsh speakers here.

Thank Post
    Servers have been down again since about 5pm today unfortunately as the number of posts on the thread below show!

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...36470?page=590

I would go off on a rant about it but this guy pretty much puts across how I'm feeling right now

The clip below may contain one or two expletives so probably one for headphones rather than speakers!

Last edited by flyinghaggis; 15th May 2012 at 08:30 PM.

Thank Post
    Thought the beta was poor, cant see why it took 10 years to make, there are better free games out there to be honest, dissapointed and the whole online server thing is a terrible idea

Thank Post
    I saw the video last night and I loaded it up last night, went to start and got 37'd a lot, (Seems blizzard couldnt be bothered implementing a queue system for this game a la wow), eventually logged in, made a barbarian and started playing, got to about level 3 and then it logged me out of the game to the screen, server wouldnt log me back in for about 15 minutes.
    Then I managed to log back in, took about 10 minutes after authenticating to the character screen, to get told then that I couldnt go back into the world, because I was basically in a party with Leah, an NPC for a quest, I couldnt select any different quests and every option basically was a no for playing diablo 3, logged out again in frustration, had my tea, came back and logged in and went straight through, though the game had rolled back a fair bit on where it was.

Didnt seem bad from the 30 mins I managed to play it in total, just seems blizz have mucked up a fair bit with it, making it a pseudo online game, it just doesnt need that part.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I played up to a lvl9 Wizard last night. Hacking away and suddenly, my brother pops in to play!

I like the pseudo-online part!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast