+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, Day Z in Fun Stuff; Nothing but trouble installing Lingor, same as regular DayZ... should probably stop doing the installations at midnight! I'll give it ...

Thank Post
    Nothing but trouble installing Lingor, same as regular DayZ... should probably stop doing the installations at midnight!
    I'll give it another shot tonight :P

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcGuigan View Post
    Nothing but trouble installing Lingor, same as regular DayZ... should probably stop doing the installations at midnight!
    I'll give it another shot tonight :P
    Is your ARMA2 stand alone, or are you running it in Steam? If so, @MK-2 may be worth a poke as he got it working through steam.

Thank Post
    For Stand alone ARMA2 installs:

Download and install the latest Beta patch: Beta patch

Download the Lingor Island files: http://cfgfactory.com/kc/pozzuh/Lingor3.zip

Extract the zip to your ARMA2 folder to add the @Dayz_Lingor and @dayz_Lingor_Island folders to the directory.

Create a batch file in the top level of your ARMA2 folder with the following:

Code:
    start expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -mod=@lingor;@dayz_lingor -beta=Expansionbeta;ExpansionbetaExpansion -nosplash -nopause
    Worked a treat for me.

Thank Post
    Running it through steam. I had some issues with the original DayZ too, mainly "Cannot play / edit this mission" and constant loading screens. Got them working when I did a reinstall.

Ran it using the OA beta patch last night and I could only see 2 servers, ran it through steam by adding the string below to my launch for A2:CO and it ran and showed me all of the servers, but gave me the "Cannot play / edit" message. Did a reinstall of the files and it worked, but got stuck on the loading screen, was too tired to look into it fully at the time ^^

Should be up and running tonight though!

Code:
    -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;ca;@dayz_lingor_island;@dayz_lingor
    Last edited by DMcGuigan; 30th August 2012 at 09:58 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Code:
    start expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -mod=@lingor;@dayz_lingor -beta=Expansionbeta;ExpansionbetaExpansion -nosplash -nopause
    Worked a treat for me.
    The -pause worked wonders, cheers!

Thank Post
    The -pause worked wonders, cheers!
    Glad it's working for you now, and good to see you on the server too. Typing in Steam chat while flying a chopper is a mission, hence some delayed responses. :P

Just unbelievably livid at the moment about that dirty hacker last night!!!

Thank Post
    Glad it's working for you now, and good to see you on the server too. Typing in Steam chat while flying a chopper is a mission, hence some delayed responses. :P

Just unbelievably livid at the moment about that dirty hacker last night!!!
    As soon as he called you bandits I knew something was gonna go down. Grabbed a tent and the M1911 I'd found and scarpered :P

Definitely the best equipment I've ever had so far, which isn't too hard when I only have about 5 hours on Chernaus.
    Currently carrying:
    AKM w/ 4 mags
    M1911 w/ 4 mags
    4 bandages
    2 morphine
    military torch
    map, compass and watch
    hunting knife
    enough food and water for maybe 3 days

All stored in a Czech Backpack

Thank Post
    As soon as he called you bandits I knew something was gonna go down. Grabbed a tent and the M1911 I'd found and scarpered :P

Definitely the best equipment I've ever had so far, which isn't too hard when I only have about 5 hours on Chernaus.
    Currently carrying:
    AKM w/ 4 mags
    M1911 w/ 4 mags
    4 bandages
    2 morphine
    military torch
    map, compass and watch
    hunting knife
    enough food and water for maybe 3 days

All stored in a Czech Backpack
    Nice mate. keep your eyes open for chopper crashes and military bases and you will soon find another weapon upgrade.

Yea, as soon as Fester came on, he flagged up as "Fester was killed" 3 times within a few seconds of each other. The first two times he "warped" to us, he appeared inside a jeep and got insta-killed however we had no idea what was happening. Then when he reappeared a minute later with EXACTLY the same gear as the two bodies and killed me, it was obvious ehat he was up to. My mate managed to kill him after pumping more rounds then it should take into him. Again, "Fester was killed" only for him to call us bandits!!!! I was sooooooo livid.

Don't think we will be on that server again unless we can get the admin to ban him.

Thank Post
    Nice mate. keep your eyes open for chopper crashes and military bases and you will soon find another weapon upgrade.

Yea, as soon as Fester came on, he flagged up as "Fester was killed" 3 times within a few seconds of each other. The first two times he "warped" to us, he appeared inside a jeep and got insta-killed however we had no idea what was happening. Then when he reappeared a minute later with EXACTLY the same gear as the two bodies and killed me, it was obvious ehat he was up to. My mate managed to kill him after pumping more rounds then it should take into him. Again, "Fester was killed" only for him to call us bandits!!!! I was sooooooo livid.

Don't think we will be on that server again unless we can get the admin to ban him.

Tbh, the first time I saw Fester was killed I thought you guys just adopted "Shoot on Sight" for him and Josef. Only when he died again straight away did I notice it wasn't you guys working that fast.
    So far I've found a crashed plane, spent most of my time down in Calamar just exploring the open buildings.
    Was told about an hour later that it's a bad place to be once the PK'ing starts though, so I may join an empty server to get out safely tonight :P

Thank Post
    Tbh, the first time I saw Fester was killed I thought you guys just adopted "Shoot on Sight" for him and Josef. Only when he died again straight away did I notice it wasn't you guys working that fast.
    So far I've found a crashed plane, spent most of my time down in Calamar just exploring the open buildings.
    Was told about an hour later that it's a bad place to be once the PK'ing starts though, so I may join an empty server to get out safely tonight :P
    I assume your not aware, most Lingor island servers are not connected to a central hive, they run their own. Therefore if you join another server, you will start with another new character. Your UK21 character will only be saved and playable on UK21.

It's a reason we are reluctant to leave this server (plus the fact that most people like GlennyG and Richie are super friendly and help us out if we're stuck), however with a hacking cheat like Fester on there, I don;t really want to stay on it as all he will keep doing is warping and raping.
    Last edited by Rawns; 31st August 2012 at 10:32 AM.

Thank Post
    Ah, I knew the Lingor wasn't connected to the Chernaus Hive, but wasn't aware there was no Lingor Hive.. sucks a little bit really.
    I'm sure he'll either get bored and vanish or get admin'd at some point. Just gotta wait it out

Thank Post
    Ah, I knew the Lingor wasn't connected to the Chernaus Hive, but wasn't aware there was no Lingor Hive.. sucks a little bit really.
    I'm sure he'll either get bored and vanish or get admin'd at some point. Just gotta wait it out
    Yea, it does.

There are some servers that are running on the same Lingor Island hive but there is no real way of telling which ones are (unless you Google for clan servers or Lingor hives).

I'd like to think he will be kicked but 1) the admin is very rarely around, and 2) the admin is Festers dad... so no real hope of that happening.
    Last edited by Rawns; 31st August 2012 at 11:13 AM.

Thank Post
    Yea, it does.

There are some servers that are running on the same Lingor Island hive but there is no real way of telling which ones are (unless you Google for clan servers or Lingor hives).

I'd like to think he will be kicked but 1) the admin is very rarely around, and 2) the admin is Festers dad... so no real hope of that happening.
    All the more reason for him to give him a decent ban then! Gotta discipline the CoD generation :P
    I was brought up on the old splitscreen multiplayer with my stepdad on the PS1, Segas and Nintendos. Any cheating tendencies were soon dropped once he started showing me win with skill rather than exploits.

Thank Post
    All the more reason for him to give him a decent ban then! Gotta discipline the CoD generation :P
    I was brought up on the old splitscreen multiplayer with my stepdad on the PS1, Segas and Nintendos. Any cheating tendencies were soon dropped once he started showing me win with skill rather than exploits.
    I hear that! Goldeneye on N64 was all about skillz 'n drillz! You either had them or you didn't!

As soon as the admin makes an appearance, we will be reporting him. We know the date and time of when it happened so won;t be hard for him to look at the server log files and see him spawn 4 times in 4 minutes in a non-spawnable location fully kitted out.

Thank Post
    Still is all about skillz 'n' drillz! My N64's hooked up to my 32 samsung, gets more use than my xbox + ps3 put together!

I'll probably still risk UK21 tonight, though my death chances are high seeing as I have some friends around who want to try it out, I'll have to teach them about elevation changes and bushes
    No decent admin would see those logs and do nothing about them.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast