+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, Day Z in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by Rawns I do. I usually play on the OCUK server. I'll be there. Let the games begin....
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    I do. I usually play on the OCUK server.
    I'll be there.

Let the games begin.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    I'll be there.

Let the games begin.
    All of the servers are usually very popular in the afternoons. Just a heads up that you may need to spam join to get in!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hot damn this looks like everything I've ever wanted in one game.

Zombie simulator?

Fear ye not Max Brooks, your training will serve me well.

Joe

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    Hot damn this looks like everything I've ever wanted in one game.

Zombie simulator?

Fear ye not Max Brooks, your training will serve me well.

Joe
    Hehehehe, see you in game too?

Thank Post
    Seems OCUK is going to become an edugeek server before too long!

I'm probably going to pick it up tonight, sounds too good not to try!

Thank Post
    So, @Mako, did you sample DayZ last night? What are your thoughts

Thank Post
    2 epic fails in one night.... god I love this game!

1. After a days worth of savaging, I was fully loaded with cameo gear, Alice pack, AK-74 Kobera, M1911, ammo, food, compass, binoculars, map, watch, matches, axe, entrenching kit etc etc. I decided to hit up the barracks to the South of the military airfield as it has always been quiet. I wandered there solo and in the doorway of the barracks, I found an M14 with 3x scope and 4 clips!!! I picked it up, turned around to get out with my prize and found my self face to face with two bandits. A volley of shots from them and I was dead and rather livid. :'(

2. When I respawned, I was in Kemenka and decided to rush north in the hope I could salvage something from my body. By chance, my mate who wanted in on the DayZ team action after playing solo for a bit decided to join me as he was close by. I assured him me and my mates I play with are all about helping each other and survival and he's welcome to get involved. We arranged to meet in Zelenogorsk as it was mid way between us. I got there first via a few barns where I got makarov ammo and a hunting rifle. I cleaned the supermarket out and saw my mate coming down the hill through my rifle scope with a few zombies on his tail. He took them out and got to about 100 yards away when a hopper came in from the side. Without thinking (and not realising quite how loud the rifle was (first time using it)) I shot it and drew about 20 zombies to us. I shouted to 'get to the supermarket' which we did and in the panic of switching my pistol, I fired my rifle again drawing more. After 30 seconds of panic, we were both slaughtered by zeds. My mate was not impressed stating he ditched playing with his other mate as he was a liability. He then promptly disconnected form team speak and logged off!!!

Not my best of sessions in DayZ!

Thank Post
    After dying twice (not counting my forced respawns because of bugs or just general rubbishness (like spawning near where players are killing each other and I get shot)), I managed to survive for 4 days. I'd secured an ALICE backpack, with enough food and liquid to last a few days at least. Full Makarov ammo and a Winchester with around 30 slugs, plus a CZ550 with around 4 clips. Through hours of trekking I managed to meet up with two of my friends who were playing and had moved on since we last played together (so I logged in miles from them). After getting into a pickle during my solo trek and losing about half my blood, I found them.
    Then it went from bad to worse as we held out on top of a hospital as our supplies dwindled (I soon found myself sharing my prized food and water to save them).

We decided that to stay here was certain death, one of them had about 2000 blood, one had 6000 and by this point I was down to about 5000. There were open buildings nearby so the two of us with the most health decided to venture out. That's when it got bad, as my buddy attracted a hopper. He pressed the wrong button and accidentally went back to sprinting which caused a whole horde to be attracted. He sprinted around the building and bumped into me, which caused them to start hacking at me.
    I killed them all and fell unconscious bleeding. I managed to get up and bandage myself, with 27 blood remaining. I legged it back to the hospital and we decided that this town was a no-go, and to head back for the coastline and work our way down. That was going great and we managed to find a pond to refill our canteens and a building with an open door. That was until the third guy accidentally fired his gun during a misclick of changing weapons. I fell unconscious due to lack of blood and was eaten.

I almost cried.

Haven't played since as I went to Download.

It's pretty epic though. I know my guildies are playing it between GW2 beta events.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    After dying twice (not counting my forced respawns because of bugs or just general rubbishness (like spawning near where players are killing each other and I get shot)), I managed to survive for 4 days. I'd secured an ALICE backpack, with enough food and liquid to last a few days at least. Full Makarov ammo and a Winchester with around 30 slugs, plus a CZ550 with around 4 clips. Through hours of trekking I managed to meet up with two of my friends who were playing and had moved on since we last played together (so I logged in miles from them). After getting into a pickle during my solo trek and losing about half my blood, I found them.
    Then it went from bad to worse as we held out on top of a hospital as our supplies dwindled (I soon found myself sharing my prized food and water to save them).

We decided that to stay here was certain death, one of them had about 2000 blood, one had 6000 and by this point I was down to about 5000. There were open buildings nearby so the two of us with the most health decided to venture out. That's when it got bad, as my buddy attracted a hopper. He pressed the wrong button and accidentally went back to sprinting which caused a whole horde to be attracted. He sprinted around the building and bumped into me, which caused them to start hacking at me.
    I killed them all and fell unconscious bleeding. I managed to get up and bandage myself, with 27 blood remaining. I legged it back to the hospital and we decided that this town was a no-go, and to head back for the coastline and work our way down. That was going great and we managed to find a pond to refill our canteens and a building with an open door. That was until the third guy accidentally fired his gun during a misclick of changing weapons. I fell unconscious due to lack of blood and was eaten.

I almost cried.

Haven't played since as I went to Download.

It's pretty epic though. I know my guildies are playing it between GW2 beta events.
    Awwww, unlucky! I'm guessing you managed to get some blood-bags from the hospital to resupply? Of were you trekking with a lush grey-scale display?

While I'm not having much luck at the moment (last 3 spawns = killed shortly after by bandits) as a whole, my gang of survivors as a whole are doing well. We have 2 vehicles and a huge stockpile of weapons. One mate has the 50 cal sniper rifle with infra-red scope (lucky SOB!!!)!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 984 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Another story to share (and an exploit to be aware of, if someone tries to pull it on you): Ah, I Just Need To Share This Day Z Story… | Rock, Paper, Shotgun

There was some malware related to Day-Z going about as well, so take care out of game as well as in! Forum / Security Notice - They trollinnnn

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I finally got this working and had an amusing time. I started getting used to the controls and spending 15 minutes in the pitch black trying to get my flashlight to work. Lots of running later, I get chased out of a small farm by one zombie and have to use my only bandage up.

A server change later, I still have nothing and trek miles to reach a small barn. An axe, yay! Chop wood! Unfortunately by now I am feeling quite thirsty.

So a trek following some powerlines leads to a town. Hmm, zombies, need food! Need water! Getting desperate! One sees me, chop! His mate sees me, chop! Another one, chop! Losing blood and almost dehydrated, the character starts screaming, chop! Chop! Chop! Chop! I died, but I knew I was dead and went down in a blaze of glory and heaped on a pile of hacked up zombies.

Thank Post
    Been playing this for hours every night for about 2 weeks, can't get enough of it. Currently out in the wilderness, surviving off of lakes for water and animals for steaks. 'tis a simple life, but not an easy one!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete10141748 View Post
    Been playing this for hours every night for about 2 weeks, can't get enough of it. Currently out in the wilderness, surviving off of lakes for water and animals for steaks. 'tis a simple life, but not an easy one!
    Wait until you can't resist the temptation to visit the military airfield for some better gear. Then it's really brown trousers time!!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Wait until you can't resist the temptation to visit the military airfield for some better gear. Then it's really brown trousers time!!!
    Yup! I ran through there last night, didnt get much, and legged it back to the coast to team up with some other players. Then we got amushed by snipers in a barn, and we all died

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,890 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I gave it a go last night. Its a scary ole game, that's for sure! It was late when I tried, so I'll give it another go tonight. Bled out within 6 minutes, lol.

I watched some other guys work as a team on Twitch.tv, and they were doing ok. Might be worth an edugeek group getting together at sometime!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast