+ Post New Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Day Z in Fun Stuff; FYI on nvidia and ATI graphics cards...last 2 digits are more important than the first one. ATI = xx30, xx50, ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Blog Entries
    FYI on nvidia and ATI graphics cards...last 2 digits are more important than the first one. ATI = xx30, xx50, xx70, xx90. NVidia = x40, x50, x60, x70, x80

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Eh?
    You were describing what Skyrim was like on your GTX's, so I joined in. A) I don't have it B) I have a GTX760. Hehe nvm. :P

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by L3OUGH View Post
    You were describing what Skyrim was like on your GTX's, so I joined in. A) I don't have it B) I have a GTX760. Hehe nvm. :P
    Ahhh, I see what you mean now!

Thank Post
    Skyrim on 2x HD 6870s with the HD texture pack is shiiiiiny.

Though it took them a year to fix crossfire support.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 729 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    FYI on nvidia and ATI graphics cards...last 2 digits are more important than the first one. ATI = xx30, xx50, xx70, xx90. NVidia = x40, x50, x60, x70, x80
    WHAT?! I'm playing it on ultra and with the HD texture pack on a GTX280!!!
    What @nephilim said (your 280 will outperform my 560, but is probably DX7/8 rather than 10) plus the Steam Workshop HD texture pack is only 1/4 the size of the 4K textures on Nexus due to Steam Workshop's file size limits - it's still very pretty though and Steam's version is just fine on my rig

Thank Post
    In case anyone is interested, found an 'Overwatch' mod server with 70+ players on last night. All I can say is, crazy.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by L3OUGH View Post
    In case anyone is interested, found an 'Overwatch' mod server with 70+ players on last night. All I can say is, crazy.
    Started downloading this mod last night on recommendation of a mate. Will give it a go on the W/E.

Thank Post
    Will post IP if you like when I get home, was crazy. Halo jump spawns, landed 900m from, I think Berezino is it? Up the top? Got to the top of the town and got owned by a sniper sat in the tree line somewhere. Tried three times, we couldn't make it in. Great fun though, the proper DayZ feeling was there with 70 players

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Blog Entries
    on my phone atm.

Can someone post up recommended downloads and add ons for DayZ please. Will get too it either tonight or tomorrow

If you can post direct download links that would be helpful too!
    Last edited by nephilim; 2nd February 2014 at 01:39 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 729 Posts
    Not managed to get on to Day Z yet but did play a bit of ARMA II - are the KB/M controls and AI as rubbish in Day Z?! After playing ARMA II for a while, I'm completely put off the whole franchise... stupidly awkward.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    on my phone atm.

Can someone post up recommended downloads and add ons for DayZ please. Will get too it either tonight or tomorrow

If you can post direct download links that would be helpful too!
    For the DayZ ARMA2 mod, all you need is DayZ Commander: http://dayzcommander.blob.core.windo....Installer.msi

You can download and installo the latest ARMA2 beta patches straight from it (needed to play DayZ) and download additional DayZ worlds & mods. Also acts as a server browser and has a 'friends' list (which only works if a friend on your list is on a server).

If you have a second monitor or tablet, then have this Google Maps style Chernarus world map loaded when you play to make navigating easier: DayZ Standalone Chernarus+ Map - DayZDB

If your on about DayZ Stand Alone stuff, then there are no mods or add-ons for it yet. The only thing is this Chernarus Plus map loaded on a second screen/tablet: DayZ Standalone Chernarus+ Map - DayZDB

Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Not managed to get on to Day Z yet but did play a bit of ARMA II - are the KB/M controls and AI as rubbish in Day Z?! After playing ARMA II for a while, I'm completely put off the whole franchise... stupidly awkward.
    If you were expecting COD/BF style gameplay, then you've got the wrong game. ARMA2 is not a FPS, but more a ultra realistic combat simulator. Therefore, the controls do take a while to get used to as there is a button for everything! But once you've got the hang of them, you'll find they work really well and doing things in game will be second nature.

The DayZ stand alone controls have been slightly simplified, but controls in game still handle in the same way.

As for the AI, it is a bit naff but online play is where the real action lies. Try joining a wasteland server once you've got to grips with the basics and you;ll find a world of fun waiting.

No AI problems in DayZ. Survivors are all players, and the only other thing to worry about are infected, and they just your bog standard zombies that chase and try to eat you.
    Last edited by Rawns; 3rd February 2014 at 09:11 AM.

Thank Post
    I think I'll steer clear of the standalone for a while longer. It appears the only things being added/modified at the moment are aesthetic things. I mean seriously, was Chernarus the crash helmet production centre for the world? Also things like painting guns and stuff.
    Don't get me wrong, still love the game, but I'll wait until some more pressing issues have been resolved before jumping back in.

BTW @Rawns you missed some fantastic wasteland action....well, I say fantastic.....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopefish View Post
    I think I'll steer clear of the standalone for a while longer. It appears the only things being added/modified at the moment are aesthetic things. I mean seriously, was Chernarus the crash helmet production centre for the world? Also things like painting guns and stuff.
    Don't get me wrong, still love the game, but I'll wait until some more pressing issues have been resolved before jumping back in.

BTW @Rawns you missed some fantastic wasteland action....well, I say fantastic.....
    I had my fill on Friday night.

Next time, I promise that I will throttle back my 'blue on blue' shenanigans! I had the feeling that Chris was not too impressed when he got off the ground in the MV22 only for me to batter it with the mobile AA truck I found.

Next time, we should work together and build a big roadblock checkpoint.

Thank Post
    I had my fill on Friday night.

Next time, I promise that I will throttle back my 'blue on blue' shenanigans! I had the feeling that Chris was not too impressed when he got off the ground in the MV22 only for me to batter it with the mobile AA truck I found.

Next time, we should work together and build a big roadblock checkpoint.
    We got in to a few tank battles....I also got kicked from the server when me and Chris played on there as I rocked up next to a new blue base and shelled it constantly with a military offroader with grenade launcher. Took out 2 or 3 friendlies before I was dismissed :P

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopefish View Post
    We got in to a few tank battles....I also got kicked from the server when me and Chris played on there as I rocked up next to a new blue base and shelled it constantly with a military offroader with grenade launcher. Took out 2 or 3 friendlies before I was dismissed :P
    This:

orson-welles-citizen-20kane-appl-xilv.gif

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread