+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 76
Gaming Thread, Guild Wars 2 in Fun Stuff; I might give this another try now that my simmering against NCSoft over the CoH closure has partially calmed down......
  1. #61
    CAM
    CAM is offline

    CAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Burgh Heath, Surrey
    Posts
    4,222
    Thank Post
    845
    Thanked 381 Times in 295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    60
    Rep Power
    285
    I might give this another try now that my simmering against NCSoft over the CoH closure has partially calmed down...

  2. #62
    Mako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    441
    Thank Post
    51
    Thanked 108 Times in 82 Posts
    Rep Power
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by browolf View Post
    I've been on piken square for about 5 months now in a guild called Goodgame[GG]. I don't think our paths have crossed as we're a wvw raid guild.
    I've seen you guys around. We've reeled in our WvW antics as our designated times result in regular wait times for our members, as they've restricted the volume of people allowed in WvW. Queues get ridiculous, especially seeing as Piken Square shot up the rankings, making us a popular server, so more people transferred here. We're going for sPvP instead.

  3. #63
    browolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    1,527
    Thank Post
    107
    Thanked 89 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries
    46
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    I've seen you guys around. We've reeled in our WvW antics as our designated times result in regular wait times for our members, as they've restricted the volume of people allowed in WvW. Queues get ridiculous, especially seeing as Piken Square shot up the rankings, making us a popular server, so more people transferred here. We're going for sPvP instead.
    Ah well our T2 days are over. Red Guard and SiN have switched sides due to lack of desire to rise further. TUP left because they didn't want to be in T2. Boon left because of the drama. Eclipse who were here for a week followed RG. Lots of other people have drifted off wvw as T2 is no fun vs giant server blobs. So the queues are much diminished and the rest of wvw guilds left want to get back to good old days of T3/4.

  4. #64
    Sunnyknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Posts
    1,487
    Thank Post
    123
    Thanked 127 Times in 90 Posts
    Rep Power
    72
    Bump. Anyone on it?!

  5. #65
    browolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    1,527
    Thank Post
    107
    Thanked 89 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries
    46
    Rep Power
    40
    I'm still there on piken square. Since the last post I was in Karn AAnug and now I'm in Pirate Gaming guild.

  6. #66
    Sunnyknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Posts
    1,487
    Thank Post
    123
    Thanked 127 Times in 90 Posts
    Rep Power
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by browolf View Post
    I'm still there on piken square. Since the last post I was in Karn AAnug and now I'm in Pirate Gaming guild.
    Lol i just left GH after PS wooped their asses.

    This has been my overall movement in gw2:-

    1. UW
    2. RoS
    3. Gandara
    4. GH
    5. Back to RoS

    I'm back at RoS mainly because from the time i left them, they dropped 6 ranks in wvw. Need to help boost them :P

  7. #67
    browolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    1,527
    Thank Post
    107
    Thanked 89 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries
    46
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    Lol i just left GH after PS wooped their asses.

    This has been my overall movement in gw2:-

    1. UW
    2. RoS
    3. Gandara
    4. GH
    5. Back to RoS

    I'm back at RoS mainly because from the time i left them, they dropped 6 ranks in wvw. Need to help boost them :P
    You may have seen KA on RoS last week. They transferred for a week but then decided a terrible mistake had been made and came back just when free transfers to medium servers started. It was pretty depressing off-peak tbh.

  8. #68
    Sunnyknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Posts
    1,487
    Thank Post
    123
    Thanked 127 Times in 90 Posts
    Rep Power
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by browolf View Post
    You may have seen KA on RoS last week. They transferred for a week but then decided a terrible mistake had been made and came back just when free transfers to medium servers started. It was pretty depressing off-peak tbh.
    Always has been tbh. Only the high end servers operate 24/7, where as the lowers, are mainly for pve.

    I'm going to attempt to change that again on the server. Got a good few people on there, just need organisation.

    Plus, playing cond thief, with perplex runes is stupidly OP lol. 20 stacks of bleeds in 8 seconds ><

  9. #69


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,869
    Thank Post
    1,062
    Thanked 424 Times in 313 Posts
    Rep Power
    225
    I do miss MMO's.. Haven't really gotten into one for a while, used to be a big Aion player.. Tried TERA for a while, but I'm the kind of MMO player that NEEDS a friendly guild/legion/corp/etc to do things with (raids, pvp, events, even just chat and get advice/help) and I just couldn't find them..

    I have work to do and can't justify looking it up right now.. Anybody offering a TL;DR on GW2?

  10. #70
    Sunnyknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Posts
    1,487
    Thank Post
    123
    Thanked 127 Times in 90 Posts
    Rep Power
    72
    The hell is a TL DR? lol

  11. #71


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,869
    Thank Post
    1,062
    Thanked 424 Times in 313 Posts
    Rep Power
    225
    Too Long; Didn't Read

    Edit: To request a TL;DR of something is to request the information condensed so that the reader won't declare "I didn't read that, it was too big a wall of text"

    Scratch all that. I'm back home now and able to do some research

    Oh, what do you know. Free trial ended yesterday. Laame.
    I like that it has no subscription fees, but with no trial at all I don't really think I'm willing to drop almost £30 on it. It doesn't look bad, I just don't want to risk blowing money on a 100% multiplayer game I might not stick with.
    Last edited by Garacesh; 7th October 2013 at 05:50 PM.

  12. #72
    Sunnyknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Posts
    1,487
    Thank Post
    123
    Thanked 127 Times in 90 Posts
    Rep Power
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    Too Long; Didn't Read

    Edit: To request a TL;DR of something is to request the information condensed so that the reader won't declare "I didn't read that, it was too big a wall of text"

    Scratch all that. I'm back home now and able to do some research

    Oh, what do you know. Free trial ended yesterday. Laame.
    I like that it has no subscription fees, but with no trial at all I don't really think I'm willing to drop almost £30 on it. It doesn't look bad, I just don't want to risk blowing money on a 100% multiplayer game I might not stick with.
    You suck!

  13. #73


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,869
    Thank Post
    1,062
    Thanked 424 Times in 313 Posts
    Rep Power
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    You suck!
    That's not very nice
    I don't mind £30 on a game, that's pretty average. I'm just a bit concerned that I may not end up sticking with it.
    Presumably account sharing is against the T's&C's, so borrowing one to have a nosey would be out of the question :P

  14. #74

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    79
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    3
    I have often thought about playing this but not sure if i'd have the time, I have my xbox 360 which I play and also play alot of casual PC games from Gamehouse and Bigfish. I used to play WoW but again it's finding the hours to put into it and I think GW2 would be the same.

  15. #75
    browolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    1,527
    Thank Post
    107
    Thanked 89 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries
    46
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggleStar View Post
    I have often thought about playing this but not sure if i'd have the time, I have my xbox 360 which I play and also play alot of casual PC games from Gamehouse and Bigfish. I used to play WoW but again it's finding the hours to put into it and I think GW2 would be the same.
    except the money per month.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Guild Wars 2 Beta Signup
    By CAM in forum Gaming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29th February 2012, 08:19 PM
  2. Any guild wars players here?
    By mrbios in forum Gaming
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 8th February 2012, 05:38 PM
  3. Guild Wars?
    By DRogers in forum Gaming
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 31st January 2011, 11:41 AM
  4. GEARS OF WAR !!!!!
    By ICTsupport in forum Gaming
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 19th February 2007, 08:31 PM
  5. Medieval Total War 2.
    By Geoff in forum Gaming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10th November 2006, 05:54 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •