+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Guild Wars 2 in Fun Stuff; I'm on Aurora Glade, not Desolation (thought i'd updated this but i guess not). I've been adding contacts using their ...
    Thank Post
    I'm on Aurora Glade, not Desolation (thought i'd updated this but i guess not).

I've been adding contacts using their username.number ID, as didn't think you can add ppl any other way as such (for info, when they switch character, you'll still see them as its account friendededed ).

You can party up regardless of the World, at least chat-wise and the party is persistent when logging out/in too that i can see, and i even got party messages when i logged back in Also, I think you can party together for questing/adventuring within Overflow should you not be on the same servers

Though initial server move is free [at least, it was when i looked at it]

Little handy shortcut is Backspace for replying to the last /whisper you had

Thats about all i can think of, other than such a delicious game really

EDIT: Curses.... hadnt seen CAM's posts lol i didnt refresh before posting it seems hehe
    Last edited by tarquel; 3rd September 2012 at 09:13 AM.

Thank Post
    Not in a guild at the moment

Finding party creation easy enough but joining on the same map abit hit and miss. Sometimes its easy to end up on the same map or join on the same map but other times cant end up on the same map for love or money. When this happens, waiting for it to 'Travel' will get you on the same map but is annoying, as the wait is pretty random (depending on where you in the queue).

Also moving between maps using gates can sometimes cause you to move to a different overflow maps. This is what I've found and I'm only in a party of 2 so having larger parties would be interesting.

I'm sure they will sort it out eventually.

Hope they sort out Trade soon as theres no nice way to get rid of the Green gear you find.. often end up just merchant them.
    Last edited by apeo; 3rd September 2012 at 03:33 PM.

Thank Post
    I spent 2-3 hours playing it at the weekend but I'm struggling to get into it to be honest. Does it open up much after the first few hours play as it's starting to feel like a grind IMO?

Just seems like WOW but not as polished on initial impressions?
    Last edited by flyinghaggis; 3rd September 2012 at 10:18 PM.

Thank Post
    Moved to Piken Square.

My guild currently has 45 members and growing.

Gunnar's Hold is an immature server full of pvp-centralised players. Piken Square is the unofficial roleplay community which leads to a much more pleasant and friendlier community.

Thank Post
    Hmm dont think I can move to another server, as it would probably cost to move now

Any friendly guilds on Gandarra?

@flyinghaggis: Well I've never played WoW and I've only really played GW1 so I can't really make a comparison.

Thank Post
    Server transfers are still free. This will remain until ArenaNet release the guesting system.

My guild still has a couple of people to move but it mostly took place yesterday.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    Server transfers are still free. This will remain until ArenaNet release the guesting system.

My guild still has a couple of people to move but it mostly took place yesterday.
    What kind of guild are you in? What are they called? and do they have one of those daft application process?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apeo View Post
    What kind of guild are you in? What are they called? and do they have one of those daft application process?
    See the OP. And yes I do have an application process in place. I enjoy members who are committed and loyal, it's of a general consensus that if someone cannot be bothered to fill out a short application, they're not likely to have the commitment to stick around. If they're passionate about joining, they'll go through the process.

I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush, but it's generally how it works, having run guilds for a long time. I always use applications.

Thank Post
    See the OP. And yes I do have an application process in place. I enjoy members who are committed and loyal, it's of a general consensus that if someone cannot be bothered to fill out a short application, they're not likely to have the commitment to stick around. If they're passionate about joining, they'll go through the process.

I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush, but it's generally how it works, having run guilds for a long time. I always use applications.
    Sorry mate, how stupid am I. You started this thread, and your guild does sound pretty cool.

Oh and by daft application process, meant one of those where you have to give your life history followed with a full character description and then an interview or something.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apeo View Post
    Oh and by daft application process, meant one of those where you have to give your life history followed with a full character description and then an interview or something.
    Ah, *those* applications. No, no. Name, age, where you're from, what kind of playstyle you like, character names and a brief script of why you want to join and what you're looking for. Basically enough stuff to give me an insight as to whether someone would fit in or not.

Huge character histories, bio's, CRB checks, family history, facebook and history of all e-mail addresses used isn't necessary. Anyone can give as much or as little detail as they wish.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'm on underworld. If you're looking for a decent WvW guild with voip our leader is called pheral vaako. They're on WvW most nights.

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 878 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Still on piken square? what guild?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by browolf View Post
    Still on piken square? what guild?
    Yup, still there. Sorry for the delay in replying, don't visit here as often as I used to.

My guild is an all-round guild, the Ebonhawke Falcons - Ebonhawke Falcons | A Guild Wars 2 Guild pretty much everything you need to know is on there, but if you're stuck just PM me.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yup, still there. Sorry for the delay in replying, don't visit here as often as I used to.

My guild is an all-round guild, the Ebonhawke Falcons - Ebonhawke Falcons | A Guild Wars 2 Guild pretty much everything you need to know is on there, but if you're stuck just PM me.
    I've been on piken square for about 5 months now in a guild called Goodgame[GG]. I don't think our paths have crossed as we're a wvw raid guild.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast