+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Guild Wars 2 in Fun Stuff; I'm going to shamelessly bump this thread by showing something I'm immensely proud of. My guild (see the OP) has ...
    Thank Post
    I'm going to shamelessly bump this thread by showing something I'm immensely proud of.

My guild (see the OP) has been selected as the community spotlight guild for this week over at Guild Wars 2 Beta News | GWI.

Here's the link: Community Spotlight: Ebonhawke Falcons, PvX | Guild Wars 2 Beta News Source - Guild Wars Insider
    Here's what the editor of the article had to say when I questioned him;
    Great website for prospective members to look through and the strong community backing of being part of an active guild network instead of just a single guild got you the nomination. Beyond that, the staff voted with your guild along with the other hopefuls and you got the win this week.

I think the fact that you're PvX appealed to both the PvP and PvE fanatics on the staff too. (you didn't split your demographic)
    If any of you geekers are going to be playing GW2, I once again recommend my gaming community. I don't bite! Honest!

Thank Post
    Gratz,

I'm looking forward to GW2 and I'm currently building a rig for it (I need a new PC anyway). I couldnt take part in the Beta weekend because my current rig is too old/slow .

I may take you up on your offer as the guild im in is dead and the only active players are myself and my brother. Amusingly I'm guild leader because I was so active at one point but I must admit that even I've stopped playing right now.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    If any of you geekers are going to be playing GW2, I once again recommend my gaming community. I don't bite! Honest!
    I might take you up on that offer too

I was free this weekend so managed to play the GW2 beta quite a bit. Got a chance to try all the professions but played Guardian and Ele the most. Absolutely stunning game, and it looked like they ironed out most of the issues as I had no login or error 7 problems this time.

One thing is for sure, my Radeon 4870 isn't good enough for the game as it couldn't cope very well with the big battles. A new graphics card is needed before release I think!

Thank Post
    Spent quite a lot of time trying PvE and PvP content this weekend. The most fun I had was when myself and 3 friends all created Mesmers with almost identical names and appearances and then joined a Warzone (or whatever GW2 calls them) as a team. This basically meant every time there was a big group fight there were 16 identical looking characters and no-one knew what to actually kill (we won every game doing this).

Thank Post
    Nice @apeo and @Dave84 .

I was away at Download this weekend so sadly I missed the Beta, but my guild slogged away at the content. Feedback from my girlfriend was that everything went smoothly and they all played well together, even though their servers kept crashing and when they did, my PC froze. It's still quite buggy but looking like a good game.

If you're interested just check the links in the OP. We're always looking for more folks! And questions just PM me or shoot a message over the bow of my forum.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    Feedback from my girlfriend was that everything went smoothly and they all played well together, even though their servers kept crashing and when they did, my PC froze. It's still quite buggy but looking like a good game.

If you're interested just check the links in the OP. We're always looking for more folks! And questions just PM me or shoot a message over the bow of my forum.
    Not only do you have a girlfriend... but you have a gamer girlfriend... That's like, THE HOLY GRAIL, or something. [I'm not jealous or nothing... This shade of green just happens to suit me.]

But, yeah... I've been looking at GW2. But, the only thing I have for it is a crappy laptop.

So, I'd probably have to get a new one... I also can't be bothered with sorting out the rewards... I started doing it on a new character, but then got overwhelmed by the sheer amount of stuff I have to do. [I haven't even finished the story...]

Thank Post
    w00t release date announced! 28.08.12.

Thank Post
    Indeedy!!!!!!!!! What fantastic news

Only a few months away... lets just hope they can get the engine with much higher fps.. then it will be FANTASTIC

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Not sure if awesome or not...

3 days after my birthday is pretty awesome, but I still need something new to play it on...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    Not sure if awesome or not...

3 days after my birthday is pretty awesome, but I still need something new to play it on...
    I've been planning a new build for a while now, and with this news, it means I have a deadline now. I was hoping that prices for parts would go down but sadly not, infact some of it has gone up.. 3770k keeps going up in price.

I did however get a Samsung 830 256 GB SSD for 140, which isnt bad.

EDIT: Hey if your birthday is 3 days after then surely that means you can play on your birthday with prepurchase 3 day headstart access?
    Last edited by apeo; 29th June 2012 at 09:56 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by apeo View Post
    I've been planning a new build for a while now, and with this news, it means I have a deadline now. I was hoping that prices for parts would go down but sadly not, infact some of it has gone up.. 3770k keeps going up in price.

I did however get a Samsung 830 256 GB SSD for 140, which isnt bad.
    I don't have the space for a desktop, custom or otherwise.

It's a laptop or nothing.

Thank Post
    I don't have the space for a desktop, custom or otherwise.

It's a laptop or nothing.
    To be fair if GW2 would run on my current rig, I may not be building a new one.

Thank Post
    Pre-purchased this the other month and played the last beta weekend. Enjoyed what i saw, though hope it hooks me better than GW1 did (think other things stopped my more than the game did hehe)

Dont recall what server i'm on, but happy to team up with folks

Thank Post
    Only a few more days till head start so what worlds will people be playing on?

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    But, yeah... I've been looking at GW2. But, the only thing I have for it is a crappy laptop.

So, I'd probably have to get a new one... I also can't be bothered with sorting out the rewards... I started doing it on a new character, but then got overwhelmed by the sheer amount of stuff I have to do. [I haven't even finished the story...]
    Mmmm celery powered with integrated graphics and Vista. You will probably have just as terrible results trying to play GW2 on an actual stick of celery. Had any luck finding a replacement?

As for GW2 itself, I've already been invited into a guild and the game looks awesome, but I'm holding fire to see the initial rush go past and if the game does live up to it's name. I will watch my brother deal with the server failures meanwhile!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast