+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, OpenTTD in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by Achandler I make undergound rails when I use to play it, then the cities coudl expenda better ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Achandler View Post
    I make undergound rails when I use to play it, then the cities coudl expenda better and the countryside wasn't ruined by my tracks, the most expensive tunnel I was was about 100million! You didn't seen the train for about a minute, it was a huge express traing that did two stops, 60 carriages long!
    The problem I find with long tunnels is you can only have one train passing through at any time so you always end up with a backlog of trains waiting at the entrance.

Unless I've missed something obvious lol.

Dan

Thank Post
    No you've not, this tunnel was simply a project to join the two biggest cities on each side of the map.

I did once have multiple tunnels with signals on them but for some reason trains tend not to wait at signals at the end of tunnels, they turn around and mess about, whereas on normal tracks these problems don't exist.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bladedanny View Post
    The problem I find with long tunnels is you can only have one train passing through at any time so you always end up with a backlog of trains waiting at the entrance.

Unless I've missed something obvious lol.

Dan
    and you end up with tunnels at all different levels. It would also be nice to be able to tunnel below a river

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,498 Times in 1,939 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Whoever you are, Stagecoach Sicko... I hate you

Edit: Yeah, serious though, that's bad form. Sabotaging a new player by preventing their only transport options due to your having lots of money and them starting out by buying exclusive transport rights in the only towns they build in, that's not fun.
    Last edited by localzuk; 14th March 2012 at 08:33 PM.

Thank Post
    You are quite right and ... I felt deeply ... the shame [*1] ...

about half an hour after I stopped laughing!

[*1] for small values of deeply and shame.

No seriously, you are right, I've been a naughty boy and I'm sending myself off to bed. And from now on, I'm just going to help people. Like some rich ... benevolent ... but slightly sick ... b*sta*d.

Thank Post
    I'm still rubbish at this game but getting better.
    I still hate trains -- they can be so frustrating when they do "stupid" routing, and it is too easy to add a bit of track in order to try and unravel a bottleneck only to find it has bolloxed your signals. A signal simulator would be dead useful

I like boats though. You can make great money once the second oil tanker arrives. I also managed to get a lot of $ out of some hovercraft routes...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_newton View Post
    I'm still rubbish at this game but getting better.
    I still hate trains -- they can be so frustrating when they do "stupid" routing, and it is too easy to add a bit of track in order to try and unravel a bottleneck only to find it has bolloxed your signals. A signal simulator would be dead useful

I like boats though. You can make great money once the second oil tanker arrives. I also managed to get a lot of $ out of some hovercraft routes...
    I always find boats to be far too risky an investment - the income is too varied from most oil platforms.

Trains are good, just don't do what I did and build a track to a farm without checking how much that farm can produce...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    I always find boats to be far too risky an investment - the income is too varied from most oil platforms.

Trains are good, just don't do what I did and build a track to a farm without checking how much that farm can produce...
    I usually do trains, I often start my game by going to the industry list and sorting by production.

Thank Post
    I don't want to ruin your fun but ..... if you only want people on Edugeek to know I would put it 'Behind the red door' or somewhere similar, as at the moment this is being indexed on Google.

Just a thought ..... but if I'm being silly just ignore me :P

Thank Post
    Aah I used to be SO addicted to this game. Woke up before school at like 6AM just to play it for a while. I've done this only with TTD and Pokemon.

I just loved listening to that smooth jazz in the background while building my empire of railroads and airports...

Thank Post

i usually just build islands and bridges to get my trains within reach of an oil field or two lol

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    i usually just build islands and bridges to get my trains within reach of an oil field or two lol
    That's always expensive, if I can be bothered I build a station and a dock on the coast and just use the ship to shuttle the oil over and let the train do the rest.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K.C.Leblanc View Post
    That's always expensive, if I can be bothered I build a station and a dock on the coast and just use the ship to shuttle the oil over and let the train do the rest.
    You soon make the money back doing it though. I did it on this server a while back, with an single strip of land connecting 3 rigs to the shore. I was making a couple of million a year from it easy.

Thank Post
    Whoever you are, Stagecoach Sicko... I hate you

Edit: Yeah, serious though, that's bad form. Sabotaging a new player by preventing their only transport options due to your having lots of money and them starting out by buying exclusive transport rights in the only towns they build in, that's not fun.
    If it makes you feel any better, it's a good demonstration of the failure of an unregulated marketplace. A truly Free Market requires some degree of protection for small businesses to avoid them being snuffed out by corporate monsters. See Hayek.

Thank Post
    whooa everythings expensive small line and train no coaches and im out of cash lol

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast