+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, Baldurs Gate in Fun Stuff; Baldur's Gate - new site just launched... Sequel on the way?!!!?!?!?!?!?...
    Thank Post

Baldurs Gate

Baldur's Gate - new site just launched... Sequel on the way?!!!?!?!?!?!?

Thank Post
    ...but there's already been a sequel? Plus several expansions???

Perhaps this is a remake? Or perhaps a fansite - I can't get any further than the front page at this point.

Thank Post
    I really hope this is just an HD remake.
    This (and BG:II) is just about my favorite game ever. Spent so much time playing this.
    I just hope they don't muck it up like they have done with other 're-makes'.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    The background images are profiles pics from neverwinternights no? or am i thinkning of a profile pack for nwn that used the bg1+2 images?

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Rumours are after they have released the 'Enhanced Editions' they will release a third. I don't know if it will ever be as good.

Thank Post
    Baldur's Gate is one of my favorite games. I am in the process of trying to piece together a modern install. The thing is, after many a night amassing information from various websites and message boards, I presently find myself overwhelmed by the plethora of choice up for selection and a little confused by how to go about putting it all together. I was hoping to finally complete a playthrough of Baldur's Gate and I feel as though it would be an even more enjoyable experience with a resolution better befitting my monitor, which led me to two programs - Baldur's Gate Trilogy, and EasyTutu - that both appear to fit that bill. As I understand it both port Baldur's Gate into the Baldur's Gate 2 engine and thus enable higher resolutions, amongst other improvements. Perfect! I have opted for EasyTutu and am in the process of laying the foundation before installing.

I have (full custom) installed Baldur's Gate, with Tales of the Sword Coast. I have also applied the official patch. I am about to (after this post) install Baldur's Gate 2, with Throne of Bhaal, and apply the official patch.

That is where I start scratching my chin. I find myself loading up all the websites and message boards I have saved in my favorites folder, to try and settle on which order to install any necessary and or recommended mods, and trying to determine if it should be pre or post EasyTutu. Not to mention if I need to add both the BG1 option and the BG2 option, or if one is suffice and in that case which one.

I have been apprehensive about making a post on a message board to ask for help with the process, due to the fact that all the information is pretty much already out there if only I could make sense of it. I have already had to un-install and re-install once after failing with the process of a widescreen and a GUI mod for the original game, which lead me to search for a more stable and hopefully easier to achieve option. The fact that it would see both games modded and ready to play, from one installation process would be a fantastic bonus.

Local Disc > My Games > Baldur's Gate >
    BG1 Clean Install
    BG2 Clean Install
    EasyTutu

That is where I have everything going, thus far. The mods I would like to include are:

BG1 Unfinished Business
    BG1 Fix Pack
    BG1 Game Text Update
    BG1 Max HP

BG2 Unfinished Business
    BG2 Fix Pack
    BG2 Game Text Update

Full Plate & Packing Steel
    Ascension
    Original BG1 GUI

The mods I am opting for are those that are more so correcting bugs and adding content that was cut from the original games. At this time I would rather avoid too many extra layers of content created by fans, until I have completed the saga at least once. Max HP for the original game is purely preference. Full Plate & Packing Steel is another, as it seems to improve the differences between armor choice. I am open to thoughts on this choice of mods, should I consider adding to it, or thinning it out for example. Perhaps most importantly, I'm wondering if one may clash with another and which order they should be applied in.

Also, I remember something about a program called WeiDU. Should I bring it on board this installation train?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread