+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, Fix: SWTFU2.exe crashes with dual displays (Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2) in Fun Stuff; I got a copy of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 given to me over Christmas and just thought I ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries

Fix: SWTFU2.exe crashes with dual displays (Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2)

I got a copy of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 given to me over Christmas and just thought I would try and run it to find every time I started it it crashed with:
    SWTFU2 has stopped working
    Aka crashed, there goes that game.
    It appears that they have never patched it in a while and people have been having this issue on mass especially when its on steam sale.
    There were people saying the game could be played for those on dual displays if you disconnect/disable a display. Fortunately (or unfortunately) a while ago I had a game which had a dual display issue where the game wouldnt start without disconnecting the second monitor and I found a fix for that.
    Basically it appears there is a bug in both games engines where it cant handle aero and dual display pc's. The solution was to simply set the compatibility settings for the star wars exe to "Disable Desktop Composion"

To Fix
    1. Find SWTFU2.exe in either your Steam Install Directory->steamapps\common\star wars the force unleashed 2\ directory or c:\Program Files\Lucas Arts\Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2\
    2. Right Click -> Properties
    3. Compatibility Tab
    4. Enable "Disable Desktop Composition" but checking the box next to it
    5. Run the game, windows will disable aero automatically and turn it back on when your done

NOTE:
    This is not a very stable game in general but that fix will at least get running the game.

Please feel free to register and say hello here and if you have any other problems in general please try a new post, you never know.
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 22nd January 2012 at 05:45 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread