+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Returning to WoW in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by JoeBloggs But that has ended world PVP. Funny you should say that. I was completely ignored by ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBloggs View Post
    But that has ended world PVP.
    Funny you should say that.

I was completely ignored by several Alliance players several times where as before I would have been dead in seconds.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    TBH I am just addicted to games full stop so it doesn't matter what I play. Had all day binges on everything from WoW to Cities in Motion (which is sadder).

I'm currently mucking around on Steamwheedle Cartel with a low level Worgen warrior. Thought I'd try starting a guild as I have never tried running one in 7 years of playing, not working well so far. >.<

Thank Post
    I think wow is probably the reason I didn't do as well at college as I could of. I spent 2 years end game raiding with a top 50 EU guild.

Managed to sell my account and make back my subscription fees though. I always get tempted to have a play again but I don't want to risk getting addicted, and diablo 3 is coming soon!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    I'm currently mucking around on Steamwheedle Cartel with a low level Worgen warrior. Thought I'd try starting a guild as I have never tried running one in 7 years of playing, not working well so far. >.<
    when i played i was on SWC Horde. Was actually quite a fun server, though the raiding Horde side wasnt particularly good at the time, we were still one of the better raid groups on the server but in general terms miles behind every other server!

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Gah everyone is always on the opposite faction when I pick a new server!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Same here.

Thank Post
    Horde on Ravencrest

Thank Post
    Level 36 already... beasting the dungeons for mega XP

Thank Post
    It can be considered a massive timesink, ive had problems with the time I spent playing in the past myself(something thats now well under control), but at the same time, it can be very enjoyable to play, I started in Vanilla wow and still play it today - I am horde on Outland EU.

Not sure if some places will allow access to the websites below as they are probably categorised as gaming so apologies there in advance

WoW Guild Rankings :: WoWProgress - World of Warcraft Rankings and History - I find you can get a good rough look on the realms and their populations here from the listings when picking servers in EU (though it seems im eternally based on outland because of RL ties with friends) - anything with a low player count on here is usually a dead server (not bad if you want peace and quiet and stress free wow free of ganking, because you can do any dungeons with the cross realm finder tool, but it means that the realm AH is usually ridiculous prices for everything and self sufficiency is a major headache and timesink for everything), same as before though really you will find that realms like Outland have queues on a lot of nights, especially now because of the LFR system in place (essentially its stress free pick up style raiding which you can see easy enough when your levelled up, a nice simple way to see content and get your characters geared albeit at a slightly lower level).

Wowhead: OM NOM NOM - a much better alternative to thottbot too if you get stuck at all on quests.

The game has probably changed quite majorly over the last few years, levelling is much much easier now compared to vanilla or tbc, dungeons are an easy enough way to level and you can skip through content also by doing this if your prepared to sit in a dungeon.

Blizzard have also gone back and majorly reworked and improved the zones from what they used to be, even improving the lore and questing experience and flight paths feature everywhere throughout zones to make it that bit faster than it was before levelling - you basically fly to a hub, do all the quests around that hub and move on.

Guild management - from my experiences I would say dont get involved in it if you can, from my point of view and running some raiding guilds you can easily turn your fun into a nightmare doing this, I discovered the simple fun again when I went casual.

I think for me these days I have to much going on in my life to let it be the destructive influence it was previously (in excess at my worst of probably 40+ hours a week) whereas now, im lucky if I play one night a week and a little bit on the weekend should time allow.
    Last edited by rich_tech; 9th January 2012 at 09:53 AM.

Thank Post
    I have a few Alli chars on SWC

Thank Post
    Lv 46, too right about it being easy to level!

Enjoying it tho, the dungeon finder is great, used to take forever to get a group to do those!

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bladedanny View Post
    I have a few Alli chars on SWC
    Look for Raikee

The game has changed greatly since Vanilla. A bulk of the timesink was prepping for raids and grinding materials and reputation. I used to kill larvae in Eastern Plaguelands to sell Larvic Acid on the AH for a few gold a piece (a lot back then) and an hours grind only netted a few bottles. On a Holy Paladin with a low drop rate this wasn't much fun and all so I could have enough gold to repair my armour and buy healing/mana/buff potions for raids.

Now I can jump in and out of a game and my play time has plumetted. Gold and rep is easier to obtain, groups are quick to get into with the queue system and some guilds pay your repair bills. PvPers also don't have the terrible ladder system that required 24/7 playing and nearly destroyed one of my brothers as he was on 7am to 3am non-stop PvP!

So if you played in Vanilla, it's worth a look as it isn't the same life stealing beast it used to be.

Thank Post
    I ground Cenarion Circle rep for weeks! And now that gear is blue equivalent at best lol!

Thank Post
    aye legacy gear on vanilla stuff is pretty terrible, most TBC greens blow that stuff out of the water, I remember my first char was my paladin back then, it was painful and nearly made me quit wow while levelling, then having 0 choice but to heal when levelled to 60 lol.

My old alliance guild had 2 grand marshalls that got that title the old way on their warrior and priest, I cant for the life of me imagine why that would be considered fun by todays wow standard, though at the time their gear was pretty top notch for nothing there.

Thank Post
    I was a feral druid, and I was forced to heal too! I just Needed all the feral drops from Nef... that annoyed a lot of guild mates

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast