+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, Quake 4 in Fun Stuff; Just finished Quake 4 which is absolutley awesome. I actually sepnt £400 upgrading my PC so I could play it ...

Thank Post

Quake 4

Just finished Quake 4 which is absolutley awesome. I actually sepnt £400 upgrading my PC so I could play it on a higher graphics level as it ran awful on 640x480

Onto Star Wars Battlefront 2 now.

I'm sure my partner doesn't mind not seeing me for 3 hours every night.

Thank Post

Re: Quake 4

Battlefront 1 was a bit poor I thought.

Great gfx, great sounds, but i didnt feel compeled to play it again - we'd seen it all before really lol Its just a usual first-person shooter with Star Wars wraped around it lol

Anyhow...

Quake 4 - How much is it going for? I liked quake back in the day but was never compelled to buy it straight away really.

Looked good from the reviews tho

Cheers
    N.

Thank Post

I have actually deleted Star Wars BF2 as it is boring as hell. I hate space battles and its so repetitive, even playing as a jedi.

I borrowed Quake off a friend so I didn't ££ for it as such but it is well worth getting. I've actually gone back and started playing Half Life 2 again on a higher setting as I upgraded my PC since the last time I went through it. Such a amazing looking game.

Thank Post

How do u find Quake 4's multiplayer??

Ive read reviews saying its not as good as quake 3. As id mainly be buying it for online deathmatches would i be better off with the significantly older q3??

Thank Post

I was really dissapointed with Q4 online, i was a big Q3 fan (1vs1, Rocket Arena and 3wave Capturestrike) i wont be playing quake4 again until rocket arena or similar arive.

The Gameplay is way too slow and the controls feel really vague, and lagg! damn its like playing Q3 over 56k

Thank Post

hmm thats sad to hear...i prolly still will get Quake 4 because i liked Quake 3 so much..but then again Q3's main appeal was really the multiplayer aspect.

It sounds like what happened to Counter-Strike when it got updated to CS:Source, lots of pretty grahpics and extras, but they messed with it too much imo, just dosent feel the same.

Thank Post

Q4 online gameplay seems much better these days, Rocket Arena is in Beta and plays brilliant over my LAN (only tried it online once but that seems to be alot better also) only prob i have with it now is that i installed the latest patch and now my rocket arena doesnt work, i guess ill have to wait until rocket arena catches up :/

i tend not to play 1 player games all the way through i get stuck somewhere then get bored before i figure it out. i think i was fighting a massive missile spewing spider (or was that another game :/)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information