+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Gaming Thread, MW3 in Fun Stuff; I loved CoD 1 & 2... it went down hill from there. The original MW was great and WaW was ...

Thank Post
    I loved CoD 1 & 2... it went down hill from there. The original MW was great and WaW was pretty fun too, the rest were mediocre at best.

I would love a modern recreation of CoD 1

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 806 Posts
    I've always thought that it would have been great if as a kind of reward for loyalty to the franchise, you could download all the maps from previous games in to the new one to play on MP - surely it can't be too difficult for them to implement? With the exception of vehicles in WaW, nothing much has changed!

EDIT: meant to add, I mean download for free if you already own the game the maps are from - really winds me up when they charge you to play old maps!

Thank Post
    I just had 1 game, with a 12/4 k/d ratio, next game 4/18 k/d with the same players!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    I just had 1 game, with a 12/4 k/d ratio, next game 4/18 k/d with the same players!
    It's infuriating! There have always been problems with lag but it seems ridiculous in this one! [I'm talking about the fact the game's so lenient on connection speeds you can be shooting at somebody and hitting for a few seconds with no result, when you see the replay you realise it's because at their end you never fired a single shot!]

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,302 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    It's infuriating! There have always been problems with lag but it seems ridiculous in this one! [I'm talking about the fact the game's so lenient on connection speeds you can be shooting at somebody and hitting for a few seconds with no result, when you see the replay you realise it's because at their end you never fired a single shot!]
    Now I'm getting why people are so irritated by it. For me this is S.O.P. with my ping time most easily measured in minutes MW2 and Blackops were like this too. Your just getting the same quality of gameplay now that we (not in Europe or the US) have enjoyed forever.

The campain is quite good so far, better than MW2 in my opinion.

Thank Post
    Not done the online yet but did Spec Ops last night, loved it - especially being thrown endless bad guys to gun down.

Thank Post
    My thoughts on MW3...

• expected 2-3 days gameplay on the single player as I remember from the original MW and to a lesser extent, MW2
    • single player campaign felt shorter than the previous two games, seems like half way through they ran out of ideas \ time (note how short the later chapter is compared to Act 1 & 2)
    • endless enemy respawns \ random grenades \ autosaves just before being shot reminded me of Treyarch-designed CoD games, wasn't surprised one bit when I saw their name in the end credits as one of the big contributors
    • liked the storyline and having it all sewn up by the end but not impressed at way to end it... a button mash really felt like a cop out after everything that went before it

As for multiplayer... played for about 1 min 30 seconds before getting bored and quitting... after playing BF3 online MW3 feels like a cartoon parody in comparison. It's gone way too far to be remotely realistic and within a few hours of being released the high-ranked players were all over the shop with practically one shot kills. BF3 takes longer to level up so you don't get such a large disparity and even then you've got more options on how to attack that just aren't there in MW3.

So all in all... £40 to complete a storyline I'd got involved with over the years isn't bad I guess but going forwards BF3 will be the one that I'll be coming back to... again and again and again

Thank Post
    I completed SP in about 4 hours of solid game play (don't hold me to that - im guestimating)

Think I might give BF3 a go, never played them before.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    Think I might give BF3 a go, never played them before.
    I'm with you there - I did play Bad Company (the first one) but hated MP, but others in this thread seem to think BF3 is much better... It certainly can't be any worse than MW3!

Thank Post
    I have been a CoD man for as long as I remember and I will be giving BF3 a go, I'm not even that dissapointed with mw3 but I do fancy something slightly different now.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If you want something a bit more team oriented then BF3 is the way forward - simply for the fact that it is not every man for himself and you get additional points for spotting, repairing, healing, giving ammo, and what have you. People are going for max points as possible so they have to play as a team to do so.

Thank Post
    was a fun single player campaign
    always doing something new and fresh
    maybe a little easy and short but top marks all round.
    also had good graphics on the 360 version.

Thank Post
    I got it for the PS3 on Friday.

Seems good... similar to MW2 to me but I didn't play that too much.

Took me 5 hours to complete - did feel rather short though! I'm very new to FPS on consoles though.

I have BF3 for the PC, but it's a bit boring when none of my mates have it!!

Thank Post
    Playing Survival mode with mates is brilliant, make sure you try it if you can.

Thank Post
    Been playing MP alot, with the moon and sun aligned, while dancing backwards on one leg and a near perfect connection its a great game.
    Any other time its rubbish!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast