+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, MW3 in Fun Stuff; But MW3 didnt improve on anything!...

Thank Post
    But MW3 didnt improve on anything!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,869 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mthomas08
    I actually preferred the single player to MW3 then BF3, thought the vehicles was pure fun in BF3 though - shame the story was dead boring - they should have stuck with the BF Multiplayer with Bots style.
    Agreed, however I only played it on the PS3 at my brothers house and I have BF3 myself and love it.

As for MW3 refunds - is that fact or just people saying rumors because according to the reviews I have seen it has been rated highly and blew BF3 sales out of the water. Just curious that's all unless I see it published on a review site I tend to ignore it.
    Feel free to check yourself on the game/gamestation/hmv weekly reports that are published online...fastest traded in game is MW3 (closely followed by Brink)

Although I had been reading the review by IGN about FPS games, talks about FPS games being the same old same old (Realistic World War style). I would agree with that especially the fact that multiplayer seems to be the main building part of FPS games lately. I have always been the "Story, Action, Gameplay" (in that order) type of person.
    Most companies bank on multiplayer to bring people back to the game over and over, who wants to repeat a single player game when they have the achievements for it? When IW walked out, the only thing they didn't do was the MP side of things, as such Havok and other companies took over, redesigned a few COD2 and COD3 maps and made them up to date, as well as pulling a few maps from red orchestra and such like.

BUT either way doesnt really matter, games companys' care about one thing - sales. And according to IGN/SUN/EMPIRE sales have gone through the roof and yet again broke records......

Shame really - means BF4/MW4 will just be improved graphics, sound and multiplayer and that's it.... unless one of them takes a risk and does something different..
    BF4 I would like to hope will be WW2 like they have said...imagine maps like stalingrad with destructable buildings! Awesome!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post

BF4 I would like to hope will be WW2 like they have said...imagine maps like stalingrad with destructable buildings! Awesome!
    I wouldnt mind that at all

Thank Post
    Only positives ive heard is the campiagn is pretty decent?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,655 Times in 2,255 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I like the new killstreak handling and weapon leveling but the bugs are pretty shocking at the moment. Still some fun though, don't know about the campain as I have not done it yet.

Jus North of London, close but not too close
    Thank Post

MW3 Bought on Saturday and Love it.

Haven't played online yet due to issues, but got really stuck into the Campaign mode.

Thankgod EduGeek is back online so we can discuss such important issues.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,161 Times in 794 Posts
    So I went to buy BF3 but caved at the last minute and stuck to what I know.

Quite possibly an awful decision, the game stinks! Campaign seems fun from what little I've played of it, but as you've all said MP is full of bugs and is it just me or are there only about 4 maps?!

Love the way kill streaks work now and glad they've returned to a weapon levelling system. Not played the spec ops yet but I loved them in MW2 so I'm sure they'll be great.

Ideal MW4 for me would be - MW3 kill streaks and weapon levelling, Black Ops style wager matches (really missing those in this game!), BF style destructible maps and for the love of all that is mighty I wish they'd at least update the death animation, they've had that same "curl up in a ball and roll over" animation since CoD4!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    So I went to buy BF3 but caved at the last minute and stuck to what I know.

Quite possibly an awful decision, the game stinks! Campaign seems fun from what little I've played of it, but as you've all said MP is full of bugs and is it just me or are there only about 4 maps?!

Love the way kill streaks work now and glad they've returned to a weapon levelling system. Not played the spec ops yet but I loved them in MW2 so I'm sure they'll be great.

Ideal MW4 for me would be - MW3 kill streaks and weapon levelling, Black Ops style wager matches (really missing those in this game!), BF style destructible maps and for the love of all that is mighty I wish they'd at least update the death animation, they've had that same "curl up in a ball and roll over" animation since CoD4!
    Trade-in for Battlefield 3?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    and is it just me or are there only about 4 maps?!
    Basically the majority of the maps are saved for DLC releases to keep you paying really. We get the first BF3 DLC for free though.
    Activision is not a company I like, they destroyed the Guitar Heroes games by milking it dry with fast releases which didnt really improve much, remember also there was a COD game out last year too.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    is it just me or does anyone else long for the days gone by of multiplayer games where things like kill streaks and modifiable weapons didn't exist?
    why do we now need to level up on certain weapons, or upgrade a weapon to get a red dot laser or the ability to call in alien spaceships to zap enemies (i may be exaggerating a bit on the red dot sight thing).

counterstrike had a base set of weapons, no real upgrades to it, no kill streaks or rewards as such, just the knowledge you were better.
    Unreal Tournament had pretty much the same, with a hint of killstreaks with the "rampage/godlike" announcements.

The makers strive to make the games as real as possible (someone mentioned shrapnel kills?) yet still default back to "get 15 kills and you can upgrade your weapon" type things (im generalising here). why?
    want realism? how about the moment you die you lose everything, all your stats reset to 0.....you died....bragging rights over.

i'm obviously getting grumpy in my old(er) age, i just preferred online gaming when it was team 1 vs team 2 and you all had equal weapons and such

Thank Post
    Ultimatley i still prefer Operation Flashpoint/Armed Assault over anything, thats the pinnacle of realism, however, i play on my console for its simplicty and ease of play and with it comes these arcade "realistic" shooters.

Incidentally you can now play Arma2 for free! Arma 2 free - Arma 2 Official Website

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbaz View Post
    Ultimatley i still prefer Operation Flashpoint/Armed Assault over anything, thats the pinnacle of realism, however, i play on my console for its simplicty and ease of play and with it comes these arcade "realistic" shooters.
    to be honest, if they wanted ultra realistic, have hitboxes on where you get shot. get shot in the arm, no more weapons. get shot in the leg you crawl around. either way you bleed out in minutes unless healed, and that takes you out of that round of play

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbaz View Post
    YES! ARMAII was awesome, especially for co-op! And I do believe ARMAIII is out soon too.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,161 Times in 794 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Trade-in for Battlefield 3?
    I might do exactly that this weekend!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    to be honest, if they wanted ultra realistic, have hitboxes on where you get shot. get shot in the arm, no more weapons. get shot in the leg you crawl around. either way you bleed out in minutes unless healed, and that takes you out of that round of play
    Which is exactly what Arma gives you

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast