+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, MW3 in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by Theblacksheep I just don't understand buying literally the same game every year. The main difference being an ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    I just don't understand buying literally the same game every year. The main difference being an enforced stats reset and different graphics.
    Maybe because its not literally the same? Different single player, different Spec Ops, substantially changed multiplayer with new maps? If you don't like it, fair enough, but saying nothing changes year on year isn't really true, is it?

Thank Post
    Treyarch didn't have any say in MW3, all they've done is create the wii port...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 1,463 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cheredenine View Post
    Maybe because its not literally the same? Different single player, different Spec Ops, substantially changed multiplayer with new maps? If you don't like it, fair enough, but saying nothing changes year on year isn't really true, is it?
    Same engine,
    slighty tweaked weapons skins,
    same sounds as old version, MW3 weapons sound EXACTLY the same as COD4 sounds,
    new maps based on old ones from different games (mission for example is looking like a map from the game red orchestra - cant remember which one off the top of my head but I know its there).

Look at the battlefield series in the same context..

New engine built from BF2 to BC1
    New engine built from BC1 to BC2
    New engine built from BC2 to BF3
    New skins in each version of the battlefield games
    Sounds updated in each edition
    New maps in each version of the battlefield games with no previous ties to previous games (exception being where like COD, the best maps from previous editions were bought forward at fans requests, and most maps are brand spanking new which are absolutely massive and in some maps can encompass all of the COD maps in a single BF3 map).

So yeah, same game being bought over and over when you buy the COD Series...only thing COD has that absolutely rocks my world - Zombies!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCheese View Post
    Treyarch didn't have any say in MW3, all they've done is create the wii port...
    There was something about a bunch of IW devs walking out during the creation and their parts were farmed out to Treyarch.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    There was something about a bunch of IW devs walking out during the creation and their parts were farmed out to Treyarch.
    IW walked out and went and created their own company and are doing their own FPS series.

Treyarch got a hold when IW walked out which was about 1/3 into the production...so 1/3 of the game is IW material

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Normally i'd be inclined to agree, not being a fan of short single player games. However, much of the fun and longevity for me comes from the multiplayer
    unfortunately games now seem to focus only on multiplayer. those who dont want to (or are unable to) play online, get a sub standard game seemingly created as an afterthought to the multiplayer aspect.

i'm not aiming this at mw3 or bf3 in particular, it appears most games now seem to be geared at consoles where they assume players will ALWAYS play online.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @MK-2 would you be surprised if I told you that singleplayer takes longer to do as the maps are bigger, more complex, AI has to be programmed in, and have coded triggers for certain things, not to mention the difficulty levels involved, then you have your cut scenes etc. Multiplayer however maps made, weapons made, humans made, skins created, uniforms created, perks coded in, physics coded in, job done.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Personally I could not care for this version of COD...BF3 covers everything for me...much better than COD could ever do!
    Its strange, this whole BF3 vs MW3 war especially considering BF3 single player was more like playing call of duty black ops. Battlefield was always about that multiplayer feel even in single player not about a single player story based campaign which call of duty was always about going back to the WW2 days.

I played Battlefield as soon as it came out (big fan of WW2 FPS games), played COD the originals they were good but once completed that was it. I didnt play any of the MW games till black ops. Loved the single player campaign, story and action.

Battlefields 3 vehicle use is brilliant, yet to play Mw3 but if its anything like the previous ones I will probably enjoy them far more. I wouldnt sit there and attack Bf3 though and even today I still dont get why people would. I guess it is the same as the PS3 vs XBOX360 - think they need to grow up personally

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    BF3 I LOVE the teamplay you get, which you rarely get in the COD series unless there is an entire team of you in your party and working together.

BF3 everyone has common goals and looks out for each other (medic, vehicles, spotting, ammo and all sorts)
    COD its every man for himself with the odd exception in demolition / domination

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    COD its every man for himself with the odd exception in demolition / domination
    100% agree with previous versions, but with the new kill streak system in MW3 it has made all the standard multiplayer modes much more team based.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Massively disappointed in the graphics department.

CoD hasn't progressed since the first Modern Warfare in my eyes and generally is taking backward steps.

Not happy that Treyarch had input into this game as well.

Infinity Ward > Treyarch
    Respawn games > Treyarch , alot of the sledgehammer games also owned by Activision were drafted in to help with MW3 after the loss of more then 40 developers from IW. To say this game uses a much improved engine over MW2 is stupid, frostbite is so so much better on both console and PC. The EA collective resources such as body tracking/movement library from Fifa, Madden and Tiger woods with the racing components from NFS and burnout and newer additions of great sound effects, crazy lighting and shadows and improved rendering mean EA will shine on BF and the next Medal of honour game.

So far I only know of two games using this engine, BF3 and the upcoming Need for speed which actually looks impressive in the more recent previews, in a recent interview they say how working with the DICE guys new engine allowed them to create great draw distance, quickly create detailed roads and add enviromental damage has helped.

Find Out What Makes DICE&#39s Frostbite Engine Tick - Giant Bomb

Oh and talking of BF3:
    Here&#39s What You Can Expect in Battlefield 3&#39s Back To Karkand DLC - Giant Bomb

Thank Post
    Got to say I'm disappointed with MW3. Not much has changed from COD4 it seems. Even one of the buildings in MW3 was on the Pipeline map in COD4. Thats just lazy!

Saying that however, I've been glued to it since I bought it yesterday

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bandgeekmafia78 View Post
    Got to say I'm disappointed with MW3. Not much has changed from COD4 it seems. Even one of the buildings in MW3 was on the Pipeline map in COD4. Thats just lazy!

Saying that however, I've been glued to it since I bought it yesterday
    Have not played it yet but then again I only some times care about the detail in the first mission or so, its usually the story I tend to go for in games. Unless it is like Counter Strike or original BF1942 which was just pure fun

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Dice have suggested they are making a story based game which will go through ALL of WW2 from the moment the British declare war to when Germany surrendered. One dev said the game would contain over 60 single player missions, and 20 Co Op missions, and Multiplayer to be based on the time of year of the server (EG snow from december to Feb, green from March to may, crops from June to August, autumn from sept to nov

Thank Post
    Single player only 8 hours long (at best), not a challenge, I would EXPECT this to be different.... I wouldn't also expect it to be more than a token effort of a single player game, but people seem to accept its a token effort for whatever reason. Nothing has changed in terms of gameplay, just the graphics of where you float the camera and the position of enemies.

Multi-player, some of the maps are new, many of the objects and textures are reused. How has multi-player changed in terms of gameplay?

Its literally the same and offers nothing new.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast