+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, MW3 in Fun Stuff; Single Player can be done all on veteran in about 8 hours if you get all the intels, and you ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,909 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Single Player can be done all on veteran in about 8 hours if you get all the intels, and you would get over half of the achievements/trophies

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Single Player can be done all on veteran in about 8 hours if you get all the intels, and you would get over half of the achievements/trophies
    Bored much?

Gloucester 3 tesco's sold out
    Lydney Tesco Loads left at 7pm last night. Spend £43 on the game and £25 prepaid card for the ps3. And used £7 of my clubcard vouchers.

Thank Post
    Played some co-op spec ops last night, really good. Missions are short but are great fun. Also the survival mode is brilliant, after about 10 waves you find yourself pinned down by helicopters, attack dogs and suicide bombers. New kill streak system works well, makes multiplayer a lot more team based rather than always worrying about your personal kill/death ratio (well I still look a bit )

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    Sometimes its easy to spot when god is telling you to get some bloody work done
    Sometimes its easy to spot when god is telling you that you should have bought Battlefield 3 instead.

Thank Post
    Picked this up in Sainsbury yesterday lunchtime, got on to play after the little'un had gone to bed and t'other half had got to aqua-aerobics. Managed to play a few multiplayer rounds, a fair bit of the campaign and had a quick go at the survival mode. Tried the multiplayer first and was grinning immediately! I spent a lot of time playing MW2 and Black Ops, felt right at home here. First impressions of the support killstreak systems are favourable - as the points rack up over the course of the match you get each streak reward in turn; gives those like me who aren't so good at not dying a chance to get better rewards, but does mean (i think) you're always limited to only three rewards per round.
    Levelling up the weapons to earn attachments, camos and perks is a nice touch i think - encourages you to keep using a gun and presumably improve as you unlock new stuff for it.
    Start of campaign (made it up to the start of a section where you have to storm a factory in Sierra Leone) is very cinematic - don't want to spoil things for people, so no details, but its very much like a big budget hollywood film...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cheredenine View Post
    First impressions of the support killstreak systems are favourable - as the points rack up over the course of the match you get each streak reward in turn; gives those like me who aren't so good at not dying a chance to get better rewards, but does mean (i think) you're always limited to only three rewards per round.
    I think once you have used your third reward it resets and you start from your first again.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    That's utterly pathetic.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    That's utterly pathetic.
    Normally i'd be inclined to agree, not being a fan of short single player games. However, much of the fun and longevity for me comes from the multiplayer, so i'm not too bothered, to be honest. The Spec Ops section seems quite big and varied, too, so theres plenty to do there as well.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well looking at the achivments I have over half the campain ones on normal, the 4th level of act 2 I think in under 3 hours. Its very over the top all of the time, the cinematic sections dont feel nearly as well developed as the MW2 game and around 35% so far has been on rails vehicle/turret sections. Its not bad but its just not what I would expect 2 years on from MW2. Battlefield is far superiour in every aspect but I enjoy both for different reasons.

The best addition appears to be the horde style wave survival mode which I have only played 1 game off, and the welcome return of spec-ops with zomebies no-where to be seen

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by captaincharisma View Post
    I think once you have used your third reward it resets and you start from your first again.
    Ha! I just need to get better then, eh? Last match i played i got the Juggernaught Recon armour just as the match ended, so couldn't work out what i could do with it...

Thank Post
    Lovely moment in the playground yesterday at the end of the day when, as he was escaping from the classroom, an excited year 6 shouted across to his mum to ask whether it had arrived in the post that morning. She replied that it had, and that she'd been playing it all day. He was unamused.

Thank Post
    I am no way sharp enough yet to be hitting to 12+ kill streaks lol all of mine are under 10 at the minute

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by captaincharisma View Post
    I believe so, also support kill rewards are different to the other classes, you cant get chopper gunners, airstrikes etc

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cheredenine View Post
    Normally i'd be inclined to agree, not being a fan of short single player games. However, much of the fun and longevity for me comes from the multiplayer, so i'm not too bothered, to be honest. The Spec Ops section seems quite big and varied, too, so theres plenty to do there as well.
    I just don't understand buying literally the same game every year. The main difference being an enforced stats reset and different graphics.

Thank Post
    Massively disappointed in the graphics department.

CoD hasn't progressed since the first Modern Warfare in my eyes and generally is taking backward steps.

Not happy that Treyarch had input into this game as well.

Infinity Ward > Treyarch

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast