+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Gaming Thread, MW3 in Fun Stuff; As above, you both stated what I was going to say :P BF3 is in no way similar to CoD ...
    Thank Post
    As above, you both stated what I was going to say :P

BF3 is in no way similar to CoD other than the SP campaign and how the story was told.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mthomas08 View Post
    frankly I consider BF3 a complete rip off MW2/Black Ops just with a tank and a plane.
    BF2 was doing the modern warfare thing two years before MW. If anything, MW is a rip of BF without the tanks.

Thank Post
    I can state what is different in BF3 over COD games, you can be in a squad, you can drop ammo, med kits and even revive fallen teammates, repair vehicles and spot enemies. The way the guns behave and sound is completely different and more realistic. The way you can only succeed is by playing as a team and not run and gun all makes its a completley different game. I'm not saying COD is bad as I do enjoy sometimes just going in and fragging away but to call the games similar is just wrong lol

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    I really can't see what BF3 has in common with Black Ops, other than it being a war game. Granted the campaign story is similar in that it's a series of events being retold in an interrogation, I'll give you that. But let's face it, it's the multiplayer we're all really interested in and I don't think the games are at all alike (other than the obvious both being FPS war games)
    It was mainly for the arguements concerning MW3 SP - Where most complaints have been how similar MW3 was to MW2 single player, single player being shorter and all the same rough levels. And not really giving the player something new.

Although the BF3 rip off was more MW2/Blackops and you also answered your own comment with why it seemed too alike. Than again it was only about 6 months ago I played Black Ops and MW2 and 1 - I wanted to know what the hype was about. So that is still fresh in my mind. In the end what would be a longer list, the similarities or the differences?

As for MW2 and BF2 (wasnt MW1 and BF2 released around the same time), plus Single Player for BF2 was BF style - not story mode but multiplayer with bots. Unless you are telling me all FPS games must be modern warfare in the middle east/terrorists? What ever happened to "Come up with new stuffs for us to play?"

Thank Post
    What ever happened to "Come up with new stuffs for us to play?"
    Battlefield 2142!

Thank Post
    wasnt MW1 and BF2 released around the same time?
    BF2 was 2005, MW was 2007.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    BF2 was 2005
    Still a great game too

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BenABF View Post
    Still a great game too
    So good, that the fanbase kept playing and playing and playing, and also awesome that EA kept it up to date until the end of 2009 with one last monster patch.

Infantry Ward's method was just pump out altered versions of MW and sell them as a "new" game.

I did enjoy MW. I loved it online, but the day they cut dedicated servers out was they day I flipped them the middle finger.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,693 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Blog Entries
    BF2 became the highest rated "Modern" FPS and several games tried to take the crown (CS, Doom) and then Activision got on board and turned their COD series into a successful franchise and did a good job (no denying this, MW1, WAW and MW2 are great games). Activision lost the plot when EA released BC1 with frostbite engine 1.0 that they ramped up production to make the games look prettier, (MW2) then did the same again when BC2 was with frostbite engine 1.5 got released (BO, MW3), and now Frostbite 2 is out with BF3 and activision have stated in a US Game Convention that they want to make their own version of the frostbite engine...

Its going to be interesting but considering a massive amount have migrated from COD to BF things will be interesting in the future.

Thank Post
    Yep that patch was nice, especially native widescreen support at last. Hopefully BF3 will continue to be well supported too.

Thank Post
    Its actually good that Battlefield has done so well, looks like these two games will be battling it out for years to come which can only be great news for us as the consumer.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I like BF3 even though I suck at it. EA have handled the game in a far better manner then Activision have with Modern Warfare, it's a shame they come up with stupid ideas like Origin and have a PR and legal team that make stupid cock-ups. >.<

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    BF2 was 2005, MW was 2007.
    Ohh didnt know that, I was sure they both came out in 2007 my mistake (it can happen). But still I did say in an earlier post the big differences of what makes Battlefield a great game and what makes COD a great game. COD concentrating on the single player story yet Battlefield aiming for that multiplayer (with bots). Just a shame I think both games should of joined forces and become the ULTIMATE Battlefield Warfare!!. I have yet to play multiplayer on both but I am abusing the single player

Will admit..... I do miss 1942, hopefully we can have another COD based game in WW2 think its time to cut down the middle east / terrorist ideas at least for a good few more years.

Thank Post
    BF hasnt used bots for quite a while now, last years bad company 2 had a really good sp campaign bf3 not so good, but the squad base mp is awesome

the bot based gameplay was poor but it hasnt been like taht scince bad company 1 i think?

Thank Post
    Swapped to battlefield 3 and not looked back yet, best game ever.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast