+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, Grand Theft Auto V in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by PeggleStar I am getting GTA 5 also but first I need to decide on which console to ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggleStar View Post
    I am getting GTA 5 also but first I need to decide on which console to buy as I do not currently own one, not sure which to go for :/
    I'd probably go for a PS3 if I had to pick between them. There's no subscription required for online gaming or accessing stuff like Netflix and the Blu-Ray player is a handy feature to have.

I'm struggling to decide which platform to buy it on myself actually as I own both consoles. Has anyone seen any comparisons of the xbox vs PS3 versions?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by L3OUGH View Post
    I'm term time only, so can't have days off during the term... Haha I'll just go and pick it up after working on the Tuesday of release. They should hold back a copy of the special edition for me shouldn't they? I've pre-ordered special edition from Game (in-store) I'm just worried I'll get there and they'll say 'We have ran out of Special Edition's sir'. Can they say that? Or do they have to keep a Special Edition back for me? I hope the latter, anyone know for sure?
    I am quite sure Game have a que system going for pre orders so I think it depends on when you pre ordered and where you are in the que but I think they should have enough copies to go round.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghaggis View Post
    I'd probably go for a PS3 if I had to pick between them. There's no subscription required for online gaming or accessing stuff like Netflix and the Blu-Ray player is a handy feature to have.

I'm struggling to decide which platform to buy it on myself actually as I own both consoles. Has anyone seen any comparisons of the xbox vs PS3 versions?
    Thanks I think I will get a PS3 as I used to own an Xbox 360 and fancy a change the only trouble is finding people to play online with as I hardly know anyone who have a PS3.

Thank Post
    PS3 copy for me, but I'll be buying the PC version when it comes out for the multiplayer, and with any luck it'll get some post-launch love.

GTA IV was fantastic online until it was struck with cheats and exploits, then most games ended in someone crashing the server

Thank Post
    Just pre-ordered mine now after talking to some friends about it last night. Probably won't get it on launch day due to Royal Mail being.. well, Royal Mail.

360 all the way until they release the PC version :P

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Last weekend of gaming!!! Got to get the last 20% of Sleeping Dogs out the way before the postie arrives on Tuesday

Thanks I think I will get a PS3 as I used to own an Xbox 360 and fancy a change the only trouble is finding people to play online with as I hardly know anyone who have a PS3.
    How much are 360's these days? You can pick up a new PS3 Super Slim (12Gb) for about £140 now. Atleast that's what I paid a couple of weeks back. That said, I have a feeling the game is too big to install on a 12Gb drive, mmmm. Cash Convertors where doing second hand PS3's as low as £80 when I was looking (my old fat PS3 finally overheated). The super slim is very, very quiet - much improvement over previous models.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 748 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I can't wait for GTAV to arrive. If it's anything as near amazing as GTAIV then my wife's set to become a gaming widow again.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,493 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    If it's anything as near amazing as GTAIV
    I could never get into GTAIV... I may give it another try.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    If it's anything as near amazing as GTAIV.
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    I could never get into GTAIV
    You know what neither could I. I rented from Blockbuster a few years back and didn't like it. I tried around last Christmas using the PS+ 1hr timelimited trial, and still couldn't warm to it. I think it was a mixture of god awful driving mechanics, main character I couldn't warm to, and the boring opening story.

Giving this one a go more on the back of how good Red Dead was.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,493 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    I think it was a mixture of god awful driving mechanics, main character I couldn't warm to, and the boring opening story.
    HEY NICO, LET'S GO BOWLING!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Last weekend of gaming!!! Got to get the last 20% of Sleeping Dogs out the way before the postie arrives on Tuesday

How much are 360's these days? You can pick up a new PS3 Super Slim (12Gb) for about £140 now. Atleast that's what I paid a couple of weeks back. That said, I have a feeling the game is too big to install on a 12Gb drive, mmmm. Cash Convertors where doing second hand PS3's as low as £80 when I was looking (my old fat PS3 finally overheated). The super slim is very, very quiet - much improvement over previous models.
    I was thinking about the 12gb console but if I bought a PS3 I would like to make use of the PS+ so thinking that 12gb maybe too small. The other thing is that the xbox 360 seems to have a bigger player base than the PS3 but maybe it's just me. I really cannot decide what to do but have a few days to think about it as I don't get paid until Tuesday so can't do anything until then

Thank Post
    I was thinking about the 12gb console but if I bought a PS3 I would like to make use of the PS+ so thinking that 12gb maybe too small. The other thing is that the xbox 360 seems to have a bigger player base than the PS3 but maybe it's just me. I really cannot decide what to do but have a few days to think about it as I don't get paid until Tuesday so can't do anything until then
    Most websites seem to suggest GTA 5 requires an 8Gb install so probably not wise going for the 12Gb PS3 if a single game is going to eat up nearly 3/4 of your HDD space!

Thank Post
    I've been trying my hardest to ignore this and just get it when it's eventually released on PC.....i don't currently own a 360 or PS3 but im tempted to get a second hand one just so i can play this ¬_¬ >_<

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 748 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just got an email from Amazon to say my copy has been dispatched! Roll on Tuesday!

Thank Post
    Today I am very much like the small girl from Despicable Me. I AM SOOO EXCITED!! I WANT IT NOW! HAS ANYONE GOT IT YET??? HAS IT SHIPPED YET??? ITS SO CUTE AND FLUFFFFYYY!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast