+ Post New Thread
Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1124
Gaming Thread, Grand Theft Auto V in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by DMcGuigan GTAV was confirmed last night for PC and next gen for release in fall. Coincides with ...
  1. #1081

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Where you left me...
    Posts
    499
    Thank Post
    63
    Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcGuigan View Post
    GTAV was confirmed last night for PC and next gen for release in fall. Coincides with a conversation I had with a Rockstar Dev last week who told me they'd got the PC specs in.

    All I know is 3GB RAM Requirement, shouldn't be an issue for anyone here :P
    If it is an issue then god help them.

  2. #1082

    abillybob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    2,695
    Thank Post
    289
    Thanked 325 Times in 241 Posts
    Rep Power
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcGuigan View Post
    GTAV was confirmed last night for PC and next gen for release in fall. Coincides with a conversation I had with a Rockstar Dev last week who told me they'd got the PC specs in.

    All I know is 3GB RAM Requirement, shouldn't be an issue for anyone here :P
    & YOU DIDN'T TELL ME ROCKSTAR HAD THESE PLANS.... Shame on you!
    Really looking forward to it My Alienware has an i7 32GB Ram an SSD and a 770m GPU so hopefully I won't have any issues the main thing that may hold me back from going full Ultra setting would be my GPU!

  3. #1083

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Where you left me...
    Posts
    499
    Thank Post
    63
    Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by abillybob View Post
    & YOU DIDN'T TELL ME ROCKSTAR HAD THESE PLANS.... Shame on you!
    Really looking forward to it My Alienware has an i7 32GB Ram an SSD and a 770m GPU so hopefully I won't have any issues the main thing that may hold me back from going full Ultra setting would be my GPU!
    I'm hoping I don't have issues either, I should be able to run at ultra, fingers crossed... System in sig. :P

  4. #1084

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,836
    Thank Post
    517
    Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,921 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    837
    Ridiculous how late they've left it. What do they hope to gain by doing it now? They won't be making huge amounts from it, as most people who wanted it will have already played it!

  5. #1085

    abillybob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    2,695
    Thank Post
    289
    Thanked 325 Times in 241 Posts
    Rep Power
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by L3OUGH View Post
    I'm hoping I don't have issues either, I should be able to run at ultra, fingers crossed... System in sig. :P
    Yeah. Might look at getting the 880m to hopefully make sure I can play this the way it's supposed to be played (if I can afford it that is)

    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Ridiculous how late they've left it. What do they hope to gain by doing it now? They won't be making huge amounts from it, as most people who wanted it will have already played it!
    I haven't played it, I refuse to play any game that isn't out on PC, I don't like console controls, the graphics are usually a dud and it ruins the gameplay experience. Its like watching a film that was recorded at the back of a cinema on a pirated DVD or waiting for the latest Blu-Ray..... I'll wait for the Blu-Ray any day.
    Last edited by abillybob; 10th June 2014 at 09:55 AM.

  6. #1086


    DMcGuigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    624
    Thank Post
    31
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Rep Power
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by abillybob View Post
    & YOU DIDN'T TELL ME ROCKSTAR HAD THESE PLANS.... Shame on you!
    Really looking forward to it My Alienware has an i7 32GB Ram an SSD and a 770m GPU so hopefully I won't have any issues the main thing that may hold me back from going full Ultra setting would be my GPU!
    Oops, my bad :P

    I'll see if I can find a definitive system spec, looking at the specs people have though I don't see any issues.

  7. #1087
    Zoom7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    958
    Thank Post
    309
    Thanked 86 Times in 57 Posts
    Rep Power
    33
    Finally! I don't have a console (unless you count the original Wii lol! And my brother will be donating his PS3 to me soon!). My specs should be able to handle it. I'm just worried about the GeForce 560Ti

    I was tempted to start selling off the PC as I wasn't really using it for anything other than a web browser and gloried media centre!

  8. #1088

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    175
    Thank Post
    33
    Thanked 72 Times in 26 Posts
    Rep Power
    26
    I traded mine in when I moved to Xbox one, i'd be tempted to buy it again on next gen. It is awesome.

  9. #1089

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Where you left me...
    Posts
    499
    Thank Post
    63
    Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts
    Rep Power
    8
    PC or PS4 is the next question I need to answer. Haha

  10. #1090

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    9,155
    Thank Post
    598
    Thanked 1,975 Times in 1,362 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    834
    Quote Originally Posted by L3OUGH View Post
    PC or PS4 is the next question I need to answer. Haha
    PC for mods, naturally.

  11. #1091


    DMcGuigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    624
    Thank Post
    31
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Rep Power
    110
    Gonna end up being both for me.

    One for family use seeing as we all have PS4s, PC for me for moddy moddy goodness.

  12. #1092
    Grey-gear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    475
    Thank Post
    35
    Thanked 63 Times in 49 Posts
    Rep Power
    25
    Though this may be a dumb question, what the value of mods? Do they improve the game? Add nice little extras?

    I never really modded a PC game before so is it worth trying?

  13. #1093

    nephilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dunstable
    Posts
    12,053
    Thank Post
    1,635
    Thanked 1,942 Times in 1,425 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    438
    Mods can do a lot to a game.

    Skyrim they can change textures to be ultraHD or completely different so instead of snowy mountain ranges, you get tropical jungles etc. They also add various missions and the like to the game, or they can alter enough of it so that it becomes its own game (DayZ mod for Arma for example)

  14. #1094


    DMcGuigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    624
    Thank Post
    31
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Rep Power
    110
    They can do anything from allow you reset a keybind or add a new item skin, all the way up to prettified graphics, or in the case of Witcher 2, a complete combat engine overhaul.

  15. #1095

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,836
    Thank Post
    517
    Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,921 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    837
    Quote Originally Posted by abillybob View Post
    I haven't played it, I refuse to play any game that isn't out on PC, I don't like console controls, the graphics are usually a dud and it ruins the gameplay experience. Its like watching a film that was recorded at the back of a cinema on a pirated DVD or waiting for the latest Blu-Ray..... I'll wait for the Blu-Ray any day.
    Oh absolutely, but as a commercial decision, the sales numbers for PC aren't going to be huge - it just seems like an odd commercial decision. I will most likely be buying it myself (as I would if they released Red Dead Redemption on PC also), but will people like us justify the development and after-sales costs?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. [News] My Four-Year-Old Son Plays Grand Theft Auto
    By mattx in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 25th June 2010, 03:53 PM
  2. [Video] Grand Theft Auto IV - Naked Gun Edition
    By mattx in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7th February 2010, 08:34 AM
  3. Grand Theft Childhood
    By mattx in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25th January 2009, 04:16 PM
  4. Form with Auto Response
    By faza in forum Scripts
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10th January 2006, 03:41 PM
  5. Auto Response
    By faza in forum How do you do....it?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15th December 2005, 03:02 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •