+ Post New Thread
Page 43 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, Grand Theft Auto V in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by LosOjos Here's a tip my brother gave me last night that I managed to miss - if ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Here's a tip my brother gave me last night that I managed to miss - if you double tap down on the D-Pad, the mini-map quadruples in size. Much better than having to jump in to the pause menu and leave yourself vulnerable to attacks!

Also, sharing this one because he hadn't realised, you can set up actual races with friends - just line up with each other, enter the Interaction menu and select Impromptu Race and select your destination. He'd been racing people without doing this just for fun, but the winner actually gets paid this way

Go to Start > Online > Options and you can set the online map to be permanently that size, nice and useful seeing as double tap down is only temp.

The impromptu races are always fun, we tend to just race each other to other players though, first one there gets first crack at them :P

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 797 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcGuigan View Post
    Go to Start > Online > Options and you can set the online map to be permanently that size, nice and useful seeing as double tap down is only temp.

The impromptu races are always fun, we tend to just race each other to other players though, first one there gets first crack at them :P
    Haha, I love the thought that somebody somewhere in the world will be driving around, maybe looking for a store to stick up or a car to sell, whilst unbeknownst to them @DMcGuigan and co are racing across SA to kill them

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    Apparently there's a known wallbreach glitch - looking at YouTube videos showing it now.
    Known for a few days. Easily avoided by staying away from people near shops.

Here's a tip my brother gave me last night that I managed to miss - if you double tap down on the D-Pad, the mini-map quadruples in size. Much better than having to jump in to the pause menu and leave yourself vulnerable to attacks!

Also, sharing this one because he hadn't realised, you can set up actual races with friends - just line up with each other, enter the Interaction menu and select Impromptu Race and select your destination. He'd been racing people without doing this just for fun, but the winner actually gets paid this way
    Knew this from the start xD

READ up on the game before you start online for the best tips and tricks :P

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    Knew this from the start xD

READ up on the game before you start online for the best tips and tricks :P
    I have a young family, if I were to "read up" on a game before I played it I'd have no time left to actually play

Thank Post
    Haha, I love the thought that somebody somewhere in the world will be driving around, maybe looking for a store to stick up or a car to sell, whilst unbeknownst to them @DMcGuigan and co are racing across SA to kill them
    Our favourite method at the minute is blocking the exit to a building with our personal vehicles so they're locked and the player can't get in them to drive away. We then either murder while they're stuck, or wait for the police to do their jobs.

Turns out the LSC in the middle of Downtown LS has a rather narrow door too.. just narrow enough to block off with say.. a Bravado Gauntlet. 15 kills later, we were finally kicked from the server for murdering every poor sod who tried to get in the door.
    Last edited by DMcGuigan; 7th October 2013 at 12:46 PM.

Thank Post
    Our favourite method at the minute is blocking the exit to a building with our personal vehicles so they're locked and the player can't get in them to drive away. We then either murder while they're stuck, or wait for the police to do their jobs.

Turns out the LSC in the middle of Downtown LS has a rather narrow door too.. just narrow enough to block off with say.. a Bravado Gauntlet. 15 kills later, we were finally kicked from the server for murdering every poor sod who tried to get in the door.
    We're good friends ay we? Ay? Yeah we are. We're friendly. Right? Right? Yes we are.

If you dare try that on me, a rpg will come at your face! lol

Thank Post
    We're good friends ay we? Ay? Yeah we are. We're friendly. Right? Right? Yes we are.

If you dare try that on me, a rpg will come at your face! lol
    I'm sure we can come to some sort of arrangement that keeps you safe from the roving SUV blockades :P

Thank Post
    I had someone try this on me this morning! Fortunately for me, they came in too quick and nearly rolled their SUV, giving me just enough time to realise what was happening, one-hit them with the shotgun and get away safe!

Thank Post
    I had someone try this on me this morning! Fortunately for me, they came in too quick and nearly rolled their SUV, giving me just enough time to realise what was happening, one-hit them with the shotgun and get away safe!
    Wouldn't have been any of ours, all working except one, who only plays at mine as he doesn't have the game. Suppose this means someone's been stealing mah tactics! D:

Thank Post
    @Sunnyknight... I'm sorry, I saw in an earlier post that you mentioned your current bank balance is around $200k.. HOW THE HELL ARE YOU MAKING THAT MUCH DOSH?! SPILL...

Thank Post
    I'm sure we can come to some sort of arrangement that keeps you safe from the roving SUV blockades :P
    I'm sure we can. I mean, i HOPE we can, it will be beneficial to both of us

JosOLos, you on 360 or ps3?

Wouldn't have been any of ours, all working except one, who only plays at mine as he doesn't have the game. Suppose this means someone's been stealing mah tactics! D:
    It's a lame tactic lol SHOULD we become comrades, i'll let you in on some of the *funnier* tactics xD

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by L3OUGH View Post
    @Sunnyknight... I'm sorry, I saw in an earlier post that you mentioned your current bank balance is around $200k.. HOW THE HELL ARE YOU MAKING THAT MUCH DOSH?! SPILL...
    Lol......... on 230k now, (bro carrying on for me). T'is easy mannnnn, you just gotta put your mind to it mannnnnn :P

Thank Post
    I'm sure we can. I mean, i HOPE we can, it will be beneficial to both of us

JosOLos, you on 360 or ps3?

It's a lame tactic lol SHOULD we become comrades, i'll let you in on some of the *funnier* tactics xD
    Aye, you have bigger guns :P

Quote Originally Posted by L3OUGH View Post

You can pull in 18K in some survival matches for hitting round 9.. So I assume 20k for round 10? Never quite finished round 10 yet so can't confirm.

Easy money in Survival and Races though I've noticed so far.
    Last edited by DMcGuigan; 7th October 2013 at 01:11 PM.

Thank Post
    Aye, you have bigger guns :P
    Ah, did you pop into the gym near me? *shrugs multiple times* Well you know.... gotta stay in shape!

Thank Post
    Lol......... on 230k now, (bro carrying on for me). T'is easy mannnnn, you just gotta put your mind to it mannnnnn :P
    That didn't answer my question

How? I'm doing missions and jobs that crop up but I'm getting like 5k a job if I'm lucky.. Tell meee as I want a house too!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread