+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, Grand Theft Auto V in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by LosOjos and you couldn't swim Even though they gave you helicopters/planes/boats, it was a nightmare trying no ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    and you couldn't swim
    Even though they gave you helicopters/planes/boats, it was a nightmare trying no to jump in the water!

p.s. my favourite on the soundtrack was Running With The Night

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    If they make a decent PC port, this time with basic things like Anti-Aliasing support included, I'd probably buy it. But the dire GTA4 port doesn't fill me with much hope.
    Have a look at the mod released (something like beautiful new york) for gta4. all hi res textures and it looks mint

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 816 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucy View Post
    Even though they gave you helicopters/planes/boats, it was a nightmare trying no to jump in the water!
    I was thinking more racing along on a superbike, clipping a wall/car/pedestrian and hurtling through the air straight in to the drink!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It doesn't look bad, much brighter then GTA:IV at least! The beach hut at the start and the "thats why I moved here" makes me think Tommy V in the current day? Rockstar like their easter eggs and hints. GTA:VC was by far the best out of all GTA's IMO best locations, characters, maps, design, music and humour. I started playing in on the PC again due to steams £4.99 for every GTA games bundled 1-4 and the episode content a couple of weeks ago!

Lovefist anyone?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,719 Times in 2,007 Posts
    The PC version of GTA: V has already got a five star review on Amazon's website. It must be good!

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0062KJ256

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    The PC version of GTA: V has already got a five star review on Amazon's website. It must be good!

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0062KJ256
    That's why it's hard to trust Amazon reviews - not worth the bytes they're recorded in.

I've just played through The Lost and the Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony - excellent add-ons for GTA4. L&D is a bit short but fun while it lasts, TBoGT I'd go so far as to say is better than the original GTA4 - excellent story and loads of extras.

Vice City is still my favourite though. Admittedly, it's showing it's age now but it's just such a fun game to play. I reckon they'll make another game based in Vice City eventually, they do still keep mentioning it in the various stories. It was an incredibly small map compared to GTA4 and San Andreas though so perhaps they'd have to extend it like they did Liberty City. Or perhaps they'll make a game where you can travel between Liberty City, San Andreas and Vice City... that'd be pretty awesome.

Thank Post
    To be honest - I looked, saw it's based in San Andreas and instantly thought 'meh'

I didn't really get on with SA - I didn't like the main char, or finding that going off the beaten track meant everyone and his monkey started shooting at me.

As for 4 - I was put off with that by the idea that you practically had to babysit your brother/cousin/whateverrelativehewas every five minutes by taking him for food.

I liked Vice City, the cheesy soundtrack (99 Red Balloons people!) was brilliant, Tommy V was a great main character, and you could do things at your pace. Sure, the overall area was smaller than the later games - but it had the sandbox play style nailed.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by korifugi View Post
    To be honest - I looked, saw it's based in San Andreas and instantly thought 'meh'

I didn't really get on with SA - I didn't like the main char, or finding that going off the beaten track meant everyone and his monkey started shooting at me.

As for 4 - I was put off with that by the idea that you practically had to babysit your brother/cousin/whateverrelativehewas every five minutes by taking him for food.

I liked Vice City, the cheesy soundtrack (99 Red Balloons people!) was brilliant, Tommy V was a great main character, and you could do things at your pace. Sure, the overall area was smaller than the later games - but it had the sandbox play style nailed.
    I agree that San Andreas as a game was 'meh,' but it was a huge map with lots of potential. It just needs a better story line.

GTA4 - in fairness, you don't have to do the 'babysitting' bits. You can in fact put your phone in sleep mode in the options menu, although sometimes to be fair you do need it on to receive missions by call.

Personally, I think GTA4 is excellent as a game engine, with TBoGT having a better storyline, but Vice City was by far the best story (well, it was Scarface really wasn't it?)

I think GTA5 has potential, I'm not going to write it off just because it's based in SA...

Thank Post
    I think they should build a whole city based on a real city like New york. Yeah the game would be huge but just imagine how cool it would be haha.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,930 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnykewell1 View Post
    I think they should build a whole city based on a real city like New york. Yeah the game would be huge but just imagine how cool it would be haha.
    They did? Liberty City is based on New York. San Andreas is based on LA. Vice City is based on Miami...

Thank Post

GTA v

Well yeah but I mean completely like for like, street for street.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnykewell1 View Post
    Well yeah but I mean completely like for like, street for street.
    I've thought about this myself for years, I always thought it'd be awesome if they made a sandbox game that was based on any area you like using some sort of map generating algorithm... of course it'd have to be a case of setting a maximum size somehow, perhaps 10 square miles around the chosen "epicentre" (e.g. your home address) and to have a story it'd have to be a case of set points being chosen by the map generator for the story to happen, with all this data being stored in a meta-file so it was done once at the start of the game and remained the same whenever you played.

There are all sorts of problems you'd have to overcome but I can't help wondering how hard it would be using something like the Google Earth API to generate something that at least resembles the real world...

Perhaps a discussion for elsewhere!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,719 Times in 2,007 Posts

... or 17-09-2013 for those of us in the UK.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 743 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I can't wait that long

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    I can't wait that long
    Then I advise visiting this website: Locksmith Tools, Lock Picking Equipment, Key Machines, Key Blanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast