+ Post New Thread
Page 15 of 75 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, Grand Theft Auto V in Fun Stuff; I found this part in one of the missions rather funny!! The dog just ran over and started doing this ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I found this part in one of the missions rather funny!! The dog just ran over and started doing this to another dog! LOL

1175730_10201983674451736_1735912742_n.jpg

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EduTech View Post
    I found this part in one of the missions rather funny!! The dog just ran over and started doing this to another dog! LOL

Hahahahahahahah!

Thank Post
    funny GTA V review (no spoilers)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well got a couple of hours in last night, didn't get too far. Just upto Chomp enjoying himself with another dog (see @EduTech's post above). Some thoughts...

Most important thing is both the story and the characters engage and captivate from the start. As I said above, I played an hour of GTA:IV where the story didn't begin and the main character turned me off. Already it's a game I want to play for 30+ hours.

Not sure if the auto-aim makes it too easy or not? I think I need to get into another couple of gunfights and perhaps try a mission with it turned off.

The driving is greatly improved over GTA:IV (not a difficult accomplishment) but no where near as good as Sleeping Dogs (which I've only just finished playing). Still suffers from frustrating amounts of oversteer, especially at high speeds. What I was hoping for was something closer to Burnout Paradise.

This is the first game I've played where the framerate has been very noticably low. Not sure I like it. Sleeping Dogs had it's moments during high speed/high action sequencies, but this is flickering during a stroll down the street. I see what they've done - the City is a work of art - but that work of art is coming at a heavy price. Graphically they are really pushing these current gen consoles to their limits.

That said, the city is the real star of the show. Breathtaking, immense, detailed, sprawling. What scares me is after 2hours I've bearly explored the local neighbourhood.

I don't think it's the mythical faultless perfect game, but (so far) the characters, humour, story and (especially) the city all more than make up for the few faults it does have.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 748 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Like you, I spent most of last night just wandering around. Looks stunning in places.

Thank Post
    All I can say is OMG. I have a done a few missions. Planning and just chilling and exploring more tonight. Might get the Blimp out :O

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EduTech View Post

I lol'd at that last night

Thank Post
    Ive been exploring and found a push bike and cycled about 5 miles in game! lol

Done a few missions and randomly killing people from roof tops

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtailstar View Post
    Ive been exploring and found a push bike and cycled about 5 miles in game! lol

Done a few missions and randomly killing people from roof tops
    I've done up the mission called 'Casing The Jewelry Store' it's called something like that. Don't want to go much further until I've explored the local area a bit more. Might just the phone on sleep mode to the main story advancing until I'm ready....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by L3OUGH View Post
    I've done up the mission called 'Casing The Jewelry Store' it's called something like that. Don't want to go much further until I've explored the local area a bit more. Might just the phone on sleep mode to the main story advancing until I'm ready....
    not done that yet, im having too much fun exploring, when I get bit more time to play ill go through the missions.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 690 Posts
    As soon as I'd completed the first 2 compulsory missions I legged it off into the wilderness, grabbed a car and drove up a mountain, took in the view, then drove right off the edge of the mountain, blowing up my car and killing myself in the process. After reviving in hospital and repeating this process 3 times with different peaks I just cruised the streets and took in the vastness of the world. Oh, and I went to see an arty black and white foreign film at the "Oriental" theatre on whatever their equivalent of Hollywood Boulevard is. A most enjoyable experience, and I wasn't even playing the game properly.

Slightly OT side note - I had my heart in my throat for a while after getting home with my shiny new disc last night. It would not load on my PS3 despite multiple attempts, disc cleaning, checking other discs worked successfully, and even resorting to repairing the files system through the admin boot menu. Eventually, the thing that did the trick was this rather bizarre bit of "technical" advice that I assumed was a hoax until I actually tried it:

Still not confident it will continue to behave. I'll try cleaning the blu-ray lens and see if that helps.

Al

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Well got a couple of hours in last night, didn't get too far. Just upto Chomp enjoying himself with another dog (see @EduTech's post above). Some thoughts...

Most important thing is both the story and the characters engage and captivate from the start. As I said above, I played an hour of GTA:IV where the story didn't begin and the main character turned me off. Already it's a game I want to play for 30+ hours.

Not sure if the auto-aim makes it too easy or not? I think I need to get into another couple of gunfights and perhaps try a mission with it turned off.

The driving is greatly improved over GTA:IV (not a difficult accomplishment) but no where near as good as Sleeping Dogs (which I've only just finished playing). Still suffers from frustrating amounts of oversteer, especially at high speeds. What I was hoping for was something closer to Burnout Paradise.

This is the first game I've played where the framerate has been very noticably low. Not sure I like it. Sleeping Dogs had it's moments during high speed/high action sequencies, but this is flickering during a stroll down the street. I see what they've done - the City is a work of art - but that work of art is coming at a heavy price. Graphically they are really pushing these current gen consoles to their limits.

That said, the city is the real star of the show. Breathtaking, immense, detailed, sprawling. What scares me is after 2hours I've bearly explored the local neighbourhood.

I don't think it's the mythical faultless perfect game, but (so far) the characters, humour, story and (especially) the city all more than make up for the few faults it does have.
    Great summary of your first play experience @tmcd35. Really enjoyed reading your opinions. Cheers, Al.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,493 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I need to stop reading this thread... I want to get GTAV now.

But, after GTAIV I'm really wary. That was watching-paint-dry levels of boring.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryPC View Post
    As soon as I'd completed the first 2 compulsory missions I legged it off into the wilderness, grabbed a car and drove up a mountain, took in the view, then drove right off the edge of the mountain, blowing up my car and killing myself in the process. After reviving in hospital and repeating this process 3 times with different peaks I just cruised the streets and took in the vastness of the world. Oh, and I went to see an arty black and white foreign film at the "Oriental" theatre on whatever their equivalent of Hollywood Boulevard is. A most enjoyable experience, and I wasn't even playing the game properly.

Slightly OT side note - I had my heart in my throat for a while after getting home with my shiny new disc last night. It would not load on my PS3 despite multiple attempts, disc cleaning, checking other discs worked successfully, and even resorting to repairing the files system through the admin boot menu. Eventually, the thing that did the trick was this rather bizarre bit of "technical" advice that I assumed was a hoax until I actually tried it:

Still not confident it will continue to behave. I'll try cleaning the blu-ray lens and see if that helps.

Al
    I'm going to do exactly that, just explore tonight. (: Get the blimp and fly around for a while. I want to get my hands on a push bike as well though.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,648 Times in 2,049 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Question - is it too realistic?

I grew up with GTA1, so to me the entire series is a silly kill-em-all type game. But kids now are growing up with near real-quality gaming experiences. So, differentiating between reality and game is more difficult.

I'm looking forward to GTA V personally, but it has me worried a little.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread