+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, Most Epic Battlefield 3 Moments in Fun Stuff; Ok so I levelled quite a few times with attack helicopters last night, finally got the hang of those. Jets ...

Thank Post
    Ok so I levelled quite a few times with attack helicopters last night, finally got the hang of those. Jets on the other hand.. how people have actually managed to get kills with just the default machine gun with no attachments bewilders me! I think the problem though was I went full throttle 24/7, so I finally learned how to fly on below half throttle but my electric cut out just as I got in a jet so I called it a night.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,893 Times in 1,407 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Get people on the ground to spot choppers...aim at the choppers.from a distance, then gun run it :-)

Thank Post
    Most memorable moment so far is installing it on my laptop last night and finding it works rather nicely. Biggest epic fail was trying to play it using the touchpad as I couldn't find my mouse anywhere

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I only got two attempts at a jet last night as I kept getting ground maps, but the controller works a treat!

When are people usually on the EduGeek server btw? I log on but get "Waiting for 7 more players" and can't do anything.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    I'm assuming that will be patched soon as that does give a very unfair advantage with a not very realistic exploit

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 798 Posts
    Ok - I've got BF3 (traded MW3 in for it last night). Now - what the hell am I supposed to do?! I don't know if I was just in a bad game last night, but it certainly didn't feel like team play. What it felt like was spawning on one side of the map, running to the other side, getting shot and starting again [everybody seemed to be doing this]. I just couldn't get the hang of it

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Get in a squad with friends. Be a reconcile class if you're new. Adjust to the maps.

If you want run and gun like cod, teamdeathmatch will sort you out!!

Thank Post
    Depends on the game mode? Conquest is where as a team you fight to hold all the flags, rush is where a team attacks 2 mcom stations while the other defends them, once destroyed two more appare and the map gets bigger or there the usual tdm etc

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Get in a squad with friends. Be a reconcile class if you're new. Adjust to the maps.

If you want run and gun like cod, teamdeathmatch will sort you out!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbaz View Post
    Depends on the game mode? Conquest is where as a team you fight to hold all the flags, rush is where a team attacks 2 mcom stations while the other defends them, once destroyed two more appare and the map gets bigger or there the usual tdm etc
    I was in a rush game, but I must admit after getting out to ASDA, trading MW3, getting home, installing the HD content, installing the update, playing a little campaign (I always like to play campaign a little first to get a feel for the game) I just went and clicked quick connect on MP so didn't actually know there was a choice of game modes!

I noticed that you can select servers to play on - I assume this works the same as on a PC? [never seen this in Xbox games before, usually just choose a game mode and wait to be assigned to a host!]

It's taking a bit of getting used to as I am *almost* hard wired to run around shooting everything that moves a la CoD, but it seems as though it'll get better as I get used to the controls - I had a bit of a panic attack when I realised two things last night: 1) the right stick is not knife and 2) the knife needs top be put away!

If anyone wants to add me I'm TeknoVikingJosh - don't know anyone else with BF3, all my mates are CoD fiends!

Thank Post
    Id say play Conquest as its a little less frantic to start with, apart from the maps metro and sienne crossing! be a support gunner and keep dropping ammo for your team, will rank up in no time

also knife only stays out if you hold the button, it you tap it it does the single swipe

Thank Post
    Id say play Conquest as its a little less frantic to start with, apart from the maps metro and sienne crossing! be a support gunner and keep dropping ammo for your team, will rank up in no time
    I'll have a go at that tonight - missus out, little one in bed by 8.30, good 4 hours of undisturbed play time

also knife only stays out if you hold the button, it you tap it it does the single swipe
    That tip right there could have saved me from flailing a knife in the air as I was repeatedly shot with a pistol at point blank range last night!

Thank Post
    Knifing from behind is an instant kill, from the front it does minimal damage and you'll probably die.

Learning to avoid missles without flares in jets has completely changed the air game for me!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tommej View Post
    Learning to avoid missles without flares in jets has completely changed the air game for me!
    I did this last night and it's almost like opening up a new part of the game imo!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Having Jammer makes life alot easier (no need for flares as its pretty much impossible to get a lock unless you are static!!)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast