+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, The Skyrim thread in Fun Stuff; Pay to train to level 50 costs 28k...which if you use faendal as a follower, means you get the money ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 1,463 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Pay to train to level 50 costs 28k...which if you use faendal as a follower, means you get the money back from him...its a great glitch. Lol

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Thank Post
    Dont you have to do that for a quest?

-edit-

Yes

Innocence lost - Dark Brotherhood quest

Quest details and possible spoilers

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Innocence_Lost
    Last edited by JJonas; 5th May 2012 at 05:32 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 830 Posts
    I'm a little late to the party here I know (my meagre budget has me clasping at pre-owned games when I can!) but have to say I'm enjoying it so far... although the first 30 minutes wasn't fun. I assume that had I played Elder Scrolls games before, I'd know how to equip armour and weaponry and wouldn't have spent the first half an hour running at armed guards in a tunic and trying to pummel them with my bare hands like a psychopath.

Also, I'm new generally to modern RPG's and clueless when it comes to race, so I wussed out and went for the Nord.

Oh, and about 4 hours in I figured out how to use Magick.

Steep learning curve!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 1,463 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Magic is good to use as some races are weak against it...the bow is good to use as well, as you can do much more ridiculous damage (more than a sword, axe, hammer, staff)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Magic is good to use as some races are weak against it...the bow is good to use as well, as you can do much more ridiculous damage (more than a sword, axe, hammer, staff)
    I'm going to have to practice a bit with magick, get my levels a bit higher as it's a bit pathetic at the moment...

Also, I have one major gripe with this game that I'm surprised hasn't been patched yet - how f'in irritating is it when you're trying to listen to somebody and some random bumps in to you and starts talking carp over the top of them?! Seems like a major oversight to me, completely killed the apparent drama of a speech being given to some troops I was trying to listen to last night, not to mention making me miss some potentially vital plot points a few times now.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 743 Posts
    Blog Entries
    When that happens I just hack them to death and try to deal with the chaos that sometimes ensues the best way I can - either hacking to death a few more people or running away

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    When that happens I just hack them to death and try to deal with the chaos that sometimes ensues the best way I can - either hacking to death a few more people or running away
    Haha yeah well I'm going to admit something embarrassing now... the first time (and the second... I should have learnt) I came across bandits, I thought they were Nords (I'm a Nord) so thought I could talk them round to siding with me. Apparently walking up to them with your weapon sheathed only antagonises them. [I am aware of the potential for double entendre in there BTW]

Also, the first time I saw a giant/troll (not sure what they are yet, they hang around with mammoths), I tried talking to it. That was a quick death.

This is the first game I've played like this, never touched WoW or Oblivion, the most recent RPG I've played was FF XII... I'm learning!

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 743 Posts
    Blog Entries
    There's a place in the game where you can shoot the giants in the head with an arrow and leg it over to a tower where they can't get in through the doorway. You can dispatch them at your leisure then but it does take some time to kill them by just prodding them with your sword.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    There's a place in the game where you can shoot the giants in the head with an arrow and leg it over to a tower where they can't get in through the doorway. You can dispatch them at your leisure then but it does take some time to kill them by just prodding them with your sword.
    I can imagine... last night I decided to see if I could take on a mammoth. As I legged it away from the beast, I just started saying to the missus how strange it was there wasn't a giant around, then it hit me.

Thank Post
    I cant believe some people dont like this game, i think its amazing!

Im not sure what level i am (i think im 46ish), or how long i have played, all i know is my girlfriend is near to dis-owning me!

The glitches do get annoying sometimes, however i have only experienced two.

1. A quest that i came across, opens up some 'entrance' to another 'place', however you cannot exit that place without speaking to a certain person, which is there during the quest. However after the quest the 'entrance' to the 'place' should close, but it doesn't ... so you can walk right into it without knowing, the person not be there ... and be stuck! Re-Load! (Hope that makes sence wanted to stay away from spoilers and be vague!)

2. A quest for a 'red sword', cant remember the actual quest name, but basically you learn about it by reading a book around skyrim, then you go find a sword blah blah, simple, easy 10 minute quest... HOWEVER, there are many of those books around skyrim, so i have done the quest ... 6 times now... and the BAM i pick up the same book in a random shack and BOOM the quest starts up again 'Find the red sword' -.-

Other than that i haven't really found any other serious bugs, little things like if an enemy dies mid air it sometimes hangs there... but that doesn't bother me. If you find you can place a bucket over somes head and steal everything... simply, dont do it!

Over all.

Rating

Gameplay 5/5
    Graphics 5/5
    Story 5/5
    Stability 4/5
    Conversation Engine 3/5 (Conversations in skyrim can be a little ... urm... bland, say the least!)

Ryan
    Last edited by RJohnson91; 15th May 2012 at 09:06 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    I'm going to have to practice a bit with magick, get my levels a bit higher as it's a bit pathetic at the moment...

Also, I have one major gripe with this game that I'm surprised hasn't been patched yet - how f'in irritating is it when you're trying to listen to somebody and some random bumps in to you and starts talking carp over the top of them?! Seems like a major oversight to me, completely killed the apparent drama of a speech being given to some troops I was trying to listen to last night, not to mention making me miss some potentially vital plot points a few times now.
    Or the completely missing audio for the character in the Riften Ratway prison. Or the quest where you blackmail the woman who says "stick close to me and the guards wont attack" you start the next conversation and all the guards run in and kill you while you have no control of your character lol!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Also, the first time I saw a giant/troll (not sure what they are yet, they hang around with mammoths), I tried talking to it. That was a quick death.
    Welcome to the world of Elder Scrolls, our Skyrim leg of the tour. I trust that your stay is pleasing so far and that the itinerary is to your liking.

We would like to warn you about the local flora and fauna, in case this was not clearly described in our pamphlet;
    Trolls are bad.
    Giants are bad.
    Mammoths can be bad.
    Basically if it looks big and bad, it probably is. Exception to this are the Horkers (Walrus), they're neutral until attacked. You cannot yield to an animal, if it's provoked you'll have to slay it.

Wildlife that's not big and bad encompass anything you'd see in Bambi, i.e the foxes, deer, rabbits, chickens etc. This includes dogs, but not wolves.

Also be aware of highwaymen and bandits on your travels. If their "name" is Bandit, or a derivation thereof, there will be no reasoning with them after they attack. You will not be able to yield to them in a fight. If they have a camp, they may warn you if you get too close, usually by drawing their sword and declaring that you're stepping too close. Listen out for these warnings as they won't give them to you again if you get any closer.

Bandits will scale to your level. If you're a low level, you'll only face regular bandits or slightly tougher Outlaw variety. As you increase in level, the bandits will get tougher although their armour remains mostly the same (watch out for tougher Bandits' weapons).

A thing that most new players overlook are the Standing Stones. When you started the game and exited the beginner cave, your companion will have highlighted 3 stones to you - the mage, the warrior and the thief. There are 10 other stones in Skyrim that give various benefits. Remember that you can only have one stone "active" at a time.

Also there is no pressure to continue either of the main quests. There are two: the civil war and the Dragon questline. Just go and explore.

Random info: The quest to watch out for: after level 14 you can meet a man in one of the inns (selected randomly). He will offer you a drinking game. Accept, it's a barrel of fun.

At level 51 I've still yet to complete either of the story arcs, I've progressed a little in each but not much. Still finding much to do. Employing the Battlemage setup.

Let us know how you get on. The UESP wiki will provide oodles of information.

Thank Post
    Oh and the grind from 45 up is killing the game experience!

With 100 archery and some + archery items I can kill most things with 1 or 2 hits and dragons in under 10.

I have full dragon armour and am working on my deadric as we speak, its tedious!

Thank Post
    Whilst in Skyrim my general rule was "unless you look like a plot point character, you are my prey, and I shall only permit thee to live if you benifit me".

Thus I ended up with a LOT of bounty on my head, and villages bereft of life after I swarmed through and burnt/chopped everyone down

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast