+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, The Skyrim thread in Fun Stuff; I stupidly didnt bother to look for a SKyrim thread on here... Currently I am a lvl44 Sneeky bow weilding ...
    Thank Post
    I stupidly didnt bother to look for a SKyrim thread on here...

Currently I am a lvl44 Sneeky bow weilding Kajiit that also likes to fight sword in one hand, spells in the other (I have no idea what to call this as its not really dual weilding is it?).
    Sitting at around 110hrs played (I enjoy just wandering around and talking to people) and found a fair few bugs. Most annoying ones being quest related, like reentering an area restarts a quest you have already done, and cant do again! Also, even though I have completed the Thevies Guild I dont have the trophy for it :-(
    Also accidently drowned Shadowmere when I was lvl 30ish and he wouldnt respawn untill the other night!

Has anyone else fought two blood dragons at once?! I came accross this on wednesday night. Was a bit difficult but eventually managed to bring them both down :-)

Oh, and I can confirm that if your sneek is high you can sneek up on dragons relativly easily!
    Last edited by arwen; 9th December 2011 at 03:24 PM.

Thank Post
    Also playing a sneaky archer on master mode this time after a fairly quick playthrough on the one under that with a mage (it is a little use 1 spell the whole game as Big_Ted said). Coping quite well so far without needing any magic or melee weapons, apart from quest related necessities it has been a bow for everything. I do use a follower for tougher fights where i can't manage to stay stealthed which leads me onto the most annoying bug i have encountered, the fact your followers don't level up with you. You can fix this if you have the PC version doing the following:

Dismiss your follower
    Open the console and click on them, type "disable"
    Close the console
    Open it again and type "enable"
    talk to them and invite them back.

This does have the annoying effect of lowering you follower's carry weight every time you do it which can be remedied by taking all their items off them then typing "removeallitems" in the console before you disable them (make sure to close your eyes if you have a female follower).

Thank Post
    How do you find out about a follower's (or enemy's) level/carrying weight?

I'm loving this game sooo much, best game ever. Fact! So good that I didn't go to bed till 2am last night and now I'm paying for it today

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's £19.99 in Game and Gamestation now. Is that because it's a pair of buggy pants? Nearly got it this lunchtime but decided to do a bit more research first.

Thank Post
    Open the console, click on the person you want to find out, then..
    "getav carryweight" (i think it only tells you how much stuff they are carrying so load them up with stuff first)
    i think level is "getav level" but i'm not sure.

Followers will always say they are the same level as you but their stats will be the same as when you first met them.

Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    It's £19.99 in Game and Gamestation now. Is that because it's a pair of buggy pants? Nearly got it this lunchtime but decided to do a bit more research first.
    It's made by Bethesda, they reach new levels of buggyness with each game, that doesn't make them any less amazing each time. I would always buy their games on PC though so you can play with them and use the mods created by the excellent community surrounding them.
    Last edited by Valentine; 9th December 2011 at 03:15 PM.

Thank Post
    I want to play Skyrim SO BAD!!!! I've talked to the guy at Best Buy about it, and he told me that the game is HUGE. I love these types of games. I'm still in Oblivion, so can't buy the new one yet...he told me that there is an updated in-game map of some kind, that updates itself frequently, so the vendors move? WOW this game sounds AWESOME!!!

Thank Post
    Skyrim Xbox 360 done 1000/1000. The wait for DLC begins...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,397 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The mrs is buying me skyrim for my birthday, which is next month (hint to everyone to club together for MS Points! lol)

I am glad for the wait as I hate getting a game when it comes out (BF3 being the ONLY exception to this)

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 991 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    I am glad for the wait as I hate getting a game when it comes out (BF3 being the ONLY exception to this)
    Given that the majority of games will drop from £40 to £15 in three or four months, you're a mug if you buy games new now.

With more or less a hundred games on my Steam backlog as well (seriously) I may as well get on with them while I wait! Although seriously, I do need to play Morrowind and Oblivion some point soon so I can get my Skyrim on.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,397 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I play xbox so the prices are pretty much set for the 9 months of release (unless it is really really bad like Brink was, which you can now buy for like £10 new!). I just tend to hold off from the rush and wait for updates, so that the bugs are worked out.

Thank Post
    thats why i lovefilm

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbaz View Post
    thats why i lovefilm
    ah but the cost of the Lovefilm rental for the 3 months it has taken me to complete is nearly the same as buying the game, so for this purchase (for me at least) it was an instant buy.

Thank Post
    but when you get 3 games at a time it doesnt, plus there is no replay value in most games these days, £40 for 4 hours or i can rent it and send it back. not oblivion of cause, had that for about 6 weeks, took it as far as i could without loosing interest and sent it back and will simply re rent it again in a few months to go through a few bits that i missed

Thank Post
    Hmm, is it just me that cant get into it?

Its very pretty when you stand still but once you move its jerkey and the light strobes up and down. The characters float around without moving their legs and it all feels very wooden.

Baring in mind I play WoW (not quite cutting edge I know) but it seems like the older game is the winner still.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast