+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, The Skyrim thread in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by Flakes just for those who are wondering on the spec, the graphics in this game seem slightly ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flakes View Post
    just for those who are wondering on the spec, the graphics in this game seem slightly worse than oblivion... im running X3 AMD, 8800GTX and 2GB RAM and have it on High Settings, turned down the grass fade and light fade, also have AA and AF turned off. Plays smoothly.
    Oooo! Thank's for the heads up! I did wonder about this and it held me off buying, but from what you've said, I'm sure my rig will handle it no problem!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    PC or console? I've not had any jerky animation at all on my PC install, and I'm running it slightly below the recommended specs for CPU (but with a decent graphics card).

Sure, there are some bugs, but name a game without any when it was released.
    I didn't mean technically graphical jerkiness, I meant as in the smoothness of the animation. The characters will walk, stop, turn left, then walk, as though each part is scripted and it goes through them individually. It doesn't look fluid is what I mean.
    I'm not saying other games don't have bugs, but it just irked me to see the bad animation that way.

Oh and this was on an i7 4.3GHZ/16GB/GTX580 so I'd assume that is powerful enough for the graphics!

Thank Post

funny video however

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbaz View Post
    Really? worse?

lol, okay i concede, i was comparing from memory obviously its failing me, either way my rig plays it fine.

Thank Post
    Haha its ok i dont remeber obilv being so ugly either! but hey its 5 years old now

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Well, bought yesterday and installed! Loving it so far, just forgot how in depth the game can really get. Graphics are nice when outside, most things are high/medium with AA off and low shadows. Inside buildings/dungeons etc, it's so smooth, think I get around 50fps?

The opening into the game was awesome, just having a few difficulties getting used to the menus.

I'm not that hot on the whole Elder Scrolls lore. How does this game (if at all) follow on from Oblivion?

Thank Post
    Skyrim is a region set in the northern part of Tamriel.. It is bordered by Morrowind to the east, Cyrodiil (Oblivion) to the south.

Although it doesnt directly follow on there are nods to the previous games throught skyrim inthe way of books, comments and characters

Two hundred years have passed since the events of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and it is now the 201st year of the 4th Era (4E 201). The High King of Skyrim has been assassinated, and the threat of civil war looms over the land of Skyrim; one side wishes to secede from the crumbling Empire, while the other wishes to remain a part of it, believing that it is still worth fighting for. To make matters worse, this schism is the final event in a prophecy foretold by the Elder Scrolls that will lead to the return of the dragons under Alduin, the Nordic god of destruction.
    Last edited by kevbaz; 16th November 2011 at 11:41 AM.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Well, I'm only 15 hours into the game and loving every moment of it! Unfortunately my sleep-life is suffering somewhat, which isn't good on school nights. But what can I say? Bethesda have done it again with this truly stunning addition to the Elder Scrolls series. I love the random element that the dragons bring to the game, the AI makes some pretty unpredictable things happen at times - like last night I came across a bandit's camp and then a dragon appeared and all hell broke loose as it completely toasted my enemies. It's easily the best ES game (the latest ES are always are an improvement on the previous release and this makes Oblivion look so archaic). It's quick to get into and seems like a fairly easy game (especially if you know what you're doing) - far easier than say Daggerfall or Morrowind, so it should appeal to novice and veteran gamers alike.

Some people keep posting exploits and spoilers, please stop, you don't need to do this. Why try to wreck what is a perfectly fun and straight-forward game for the rest of us, we don't need to know how to cheat and like I said it's not that difficult anyway. *rant over*

All I can say is, if you haven't got it yet then don't delay, buy it now! Skyrim is an amazing game and very very well put together. Prepare for hours of endless fun as the Dragonborn!

Thank Post
    I bought it on 360... I don't even own a PC capable of playing modern games anymore, I love my Xbox because Iím lazy and knowing there will be zero setup when I want to play.

Saying that, I had to buy a new Xbox the same day as skyrim as my DVD drive broke. This caused a slightly buggy game play experience.
    (The characters that are meant to speak to you in the cart would not and then at the end of the cart journey the horse would continue walking even though it had crashed into a wall!)

But Iím now the proud owner of a shiny black Xbox and the built in Wi-Fi is nice :P

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfaTech View Post
    Some people keep posting exploits and spoilers, please stop, you don't need to do this. Why try to wreck what is a perfectly fun and straight-forward game for the rest of us, we don't need to know how to cheat and like I said it's not that difficult anyway. *rant over*
    Totally agree! Everyone complaining about bugs/glitches, they're kinda missing the point I think. The game is fun, so play the game how its meant to be played. You wouldn't put a tub on someone's head and talk to them normally, so why do it in the game and then comment about it being a bug?

Thank Post
    You dont have to exploit the bugs and glitches.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamH View Post
    Although funny, the fact you don't have to be very sneaky to steal the entire contents of a shop is annoying. Just put a bucket over the shop keepers head and he will continue chatting rubbish while you steal all his stuff.
    Reading that just made me lol.

Thank Post
    good game
    didnt like the UI to start with but getting used to it using hotkeys.

Runs well on my PC as well.
    only trouble is it's big! i feel like it will never end

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast