+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, The Skyrim thread in Fun Stuff; will lovefilm it when its out next week...
    Thank Post
    will lovefilm it when its out next week

Thank Post
    I've been um'ing and ar'ing about it.. Problem is MW3 is out next week too.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,511 Times in 1,032 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A 280 will definitely run it - recommended (not minimum) is only a 260. Source: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/10/25/sky-high-or-below-the-rim-skyrim-specs/

There's a really cheesy live action trailer for it as well, worth a minute of your time, certainly

Thank Post
    Pre-ordered on Steam.

Canne' wait!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apeo View Post
    Anyone playing the console version?
    No way, I'm playing it the way it's meant to be played... on a Pee Cee with mouse 'n keyboard (I have an XBox controller if I want to revert to jerky movements - somehow I think not).

Can't wait, 10 days and counting!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfaTech View Post
    No way, I'm playing it the way it's meant to be played... on a Pee Cee with mouse 'n keyboard (I have an XBox controller if I want to revert to jerky movements - somehow I think not).

Can't wait, 10 days and counting!
    I was thinking of getting it on Xbox360 because my compy is pretty old and is scheduled for an upgrade. That said it will be quite a wait if I was going to wait till after I did the upgrade so I'm leaning towards playing it then wait.

Thank Post
    Fair enough, although the minimum specs aren't that high: Dual-core 2Ghz, 2GB RAM, 512MB GFX. And it only needs DirectX 9c. So it should play fairly well even on older machines.

Thank Post
    WARNING: Spoilers!

TES:5 - Skyrim

Thank Post
    GOTY hands down!! absolutley love this game! and best RPG of all time in my book! sure its got its quirky bugs but they add to the enjoyment! getting smacked into orbit by a giant is one of the most amusing ways to die! haha!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I know it's meant to be very in depth so I should be looking past it, but I just couldn't get past the first few minutes of jerky animations, bad scripting and various bug like issues.
    It totally put me off.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,550 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Brilliant game. Sank about 19 hours into it already and suspect I'll lose plenty more too!

Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    I know it's meant to be very in depth so I should be looking past it, but I just couldn't get past the first few minutes of jerky animations, bad scripting and various bug like issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    It totally put me off.

PC or console? I've not had any jerky animation at all on my PC install, and I'm running it slightly below the recommended specs for CPU (but with a decent graphics card).

Sure, there are some bugs, but name a game without any when it was released.

@LiamH - it might be easy to steal things in the game, but that time you get caught? It'll cost you a tonne and you'll lose all the stolen stuff. Seems fair to me. NPC battles could be a little better, I agree, but they have never 'danced around' like you make out. Spiders come running from a good distance away, bandits work with whatever weapons they have, and that ****** Ice Troll that keeps one hit killing me? He comes after you pretty sharpish...

The menu system is superb, it works quickly, and you can favourite things easily so in the heat of battle you aren't more than 2 key presses away from that life saving potion.

And I don't know what you mean about the storyline being weak. Its pretty absorbing I'm finding!
    Last edited by localzuk; 15th November 2011 at 09:14 AM.

Thank Post
    Most over rated GOTY for me!

Got more bugs than a Indian Jones film.

Few examples...

The first village you go to in game.. you can talk to the first bloke through the gate (bearing in mind not spoken to or seen anything else) and come to the conclusion that him and some other random dude is in love with some random lass and start a side mission. If this was after some probing questions like "hey whats going on?" then fair play but you just have a dialog options of "hey you and so and so are in love with whats her face and are competing over her"

The physics in the game are just crazy, if you put a physic's engine in a game do it right or not at all. Being killed for clipping a cart with a centimeter of movement and sending it to mars and back is plain stupid.

Although funny, the fact you don't have to be very sneaky to steal the entire contents of a shop is annoying. Just put a bucket over the shop keepers head and he will continue chatting rubbish while you steal all his stuff.

the plot line so far seems extremely weak, wont reveal any spoilers.

the combat is rubbish, NPC's seem to be content with holding block as long as you do meaning you could spend 3 hours dancing around with them not attempting to kill you.

The menu system is designed for consoles, which is fine for consoles but is a PITA when trying to navigate on the PC and you keep trying to use the mouse to click rather than manually scrolling through everything.

Really hoping some patch's sort it out, or i have been spoiled by the likes of dragon age. Its a pretty game but i cant think of many more positives.

@localzuk

To be fair I only lasted an hour or so but the start seemed to be a typical elder scrolls plot start, IE a prisoner who someone for no apparent reason trusts, conscripted into random army.

The enemy NPC's i encountered were all a tad stupid, only outdone by the stupidity of the friendly NPC's that felt the need to get in the way of your attacks. No reaction from the baddies getting hit at all took away from the combat and I'm not sure aiming at specific body parts made any difference based on the fact if you hit someone in the head blood always seems to shoot out of their crotch :S

To me a RPG should be very immersive, but the glaring bugs and the lack of reaction from NPC's really take's that away. IMHO battlfield 3 drew me in more with the NPC's than Skyrim has, which should be the first priority for a RPG.

Glad your enjoying the game though, will give it a bit more time and hope it grows on me / gets patched.
    Last edited by LiamH; 15th November 2011 at 09:53 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfaTech View Post
    Fair enough, although the minimum specs aren't that high: Dual-core 2Ghz, 2GB RAM, 512MB GFX. And it only needs DirectX 9c. So it should play fairly well even on older machines.
    just for those who are wondering on the spec, the graphics in this game seem slightly worse than oblivion... im running X3 AMD, 8800GTX and 2GB RAM and have it on High Settings, turned down the grass fade and light fade, also have AA and AF turned off. Plays smoothly.

Thank Post
    Last edited by JJonas; 15th November 2011 at 09:21 AM.

Thank Post
    Really? worse?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast