+ Post New Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
Gaming Thread, The Skyrim thread in Fun Stuff; It is stated that particular NPC's health is huge for its level. It also uses two enchanted weapons. Its level ...
    Thank Post
    It is stated that particular NPC's health is huge for its level. It also uses two enchanted weapons.

Its level is radiant meaning that if you leave it, its level will increase higher. If you exceed its current level, then Kvenel will move up to a maximum of level 30.
    He's immune to frost and poison. There is a conjurer associate with him, its recommended you kill him first to avoid him summoning his Frost Atronach.

If you're level 17/18, this quest shouldn't be too difficult for you unless the game has shafted you over and spawned the boss at max level.
    Have you upgraded your Perks accordingly? Are you using upgraded weapons/armour? Are you applying appropriate buffs (spells/potions/scrolls) prior to combat?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 814 Posts
    Without giving too much away (I like to discover these things for myself, but I'm not sure how to take this one), I've just killed a bandit captain (whose name fails me, and looking at the map online I can't even see the cave he is in, it's north west...) and when I read his journal, he mentions his stash being in the water in a sunken boat. Now, I've swam up and down the cave and did find a chest, but there was a meagre amount of gold and not a lot else in it. Before I waste any more time in that cave - is that the stash or should I keep looking? I'm guessing not, as I also took a key from him that I haven't found a use for yet... I'm reckoning the sunken boat is outside the cave...

Thank Post
    @LosOjos was it Captain Hargar, and his band of Blackblood Marauders?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    @LosOjos was it Captain Hargar, and his band of Blackblood Marauders?
    You're exactly right!

Thank Post
    In which case there is a sunken ship within the cave, and that's the one he's referring to. There are 4 chests in total within that cave.

The loot will most likely be levelled, so if you're a low level the loot will be small.

(Am I giving off the impression that I play games too much, yet?)

Thank Post
    I never really followed the development of Skyrim but I picked it up on a steam sale and a bit confused so far. When I created my charachter I dont remember any class options I just seem to be swinging whatever and levelling up or shooting bows wearing whatever armour. I guess I am creating my own class by the way I am playing. I am level 15 after about 30 hours of play and I inedvertantly started the Bard quests now everyone refers to me as a Bard which is annoying as I hate Bards.

Thank Post
    In which case there is a sunken ship within the cave, and that's the one he's referring to. There are 4 chests in total within that cave.

The loot will most likely be levelled, so if you're a low level the loot will be small.

I suppose it makes sense [that the loot is levelled], although I was hoping for more! Cheers for the tip

Oh, and @AlexPilot: You're Bard.

Thank Post
    @AlexPilot this game does not feature a 'class' system. You are entirely correct in assuming you're creating your own 'class' by how you're choosing to play.

As you use skills they increase in level. Each level point of a skill adds XP to your character, and when you've earned enough through levelling skills, your character will level up.
    As you level up you gain skill points that you can use to apply perks to a particular ability, such as one-handed/archery/lockpicking etc.

So if you enjoy swinging one-handed sharp objects, you might want to apply perks to that tree etc. If you enjoy having a shield handy, too, then throw some into Block. And if you round yourself off with heavy armour, for example, applying perks to this ability would push you towards a fighter class, by definition.
    There is no clear-cut thing, it's entirely up to you. There is nothing wrong with wearing heavy armour, running around smashing teeth with your fists and flinging fireballs at the same time.

As for how they react, it depends on how you progress. If that's the single major milestone so far, then most of the greetings will revolve around that. As your skills advance the guards will greet you differently, even down to what you're carrying. NPCs will eventually hail you by varying titles. Unfortunately you're stuck with being a bard!

Thank Post
    EDIT: DAmn, beaten to it! lol

Quote Originally Posted by AlexPilot View Post
    I never really followed the development of Skyrim but I picked it up on a steam sale and a bit confused so far. When I created my charachter I dont remember any class options I just seem to be swinging whatever and levelling up or shooting bows wearing whatever armour. I guess I am creating my own class by the way I am playing. I am level 15 after about 30 hours of play and I inedvertantly started the Bard quests now everyone refers to me as a Bard which is annoying as I hate Bards.
    Classes don't matter in Skyrim much, it's all about HOW you play.
    If you want to be an archer, then grab a bow and use it a lot to level up that skill, go hunting in the wildernesses and just kill things.

Rather fight with magic? Put a spell in each hand and use nothing else offensive, to build up magic, go and enroll at the mage's college, etc.

If you keep swapping weapon types then you'll end up with only low-level perks for lots of different abilties - much better to decide to focus on specifics that work well together (ie sneak/thief and quick weapons, or smithing+heavy armour/heavy weapons/two-handed weapons)

My personal approach was mage-warrior; fire spells in the left hand an a war axe in the right hand. Did me for my 150+ hours in Skyrim and I never really fell victim to any enemies who could best me

Thank Post
    I'm certainly swaying toward a warrior type class... although I'm currently juggling between sneaking around picking people off with my bow, clubbing individuals senseless with something two handed and getting out an axe and shield to take on multiple enemies... seems to be boding well for me so far!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,431 Posts
    Blog Entries
    i am now flitting between destruction and archery....throw ice and lightening then use my burning bow...got destruction from 15 to 41 in a little under an hour

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

LOL we are one and the same!
    And I'm sensing quite a running theme in your screenshots...

Thank Post
    If you've rifled through my Steam screenshots, in my defence I was not the only culprit and I may have been intoxicated, as I think it was my birthday.

I just have too much time on my hands...

Thank Post
    I'm totally hooked on this game (again) now I've got it for my PC!

Making a very concious effort to not just do the same things in the same order I did on my xbox playthrough; so far that's working out OK! Made me relaise just how little of the game I actually saw despite putting a lot of time into it!

Thank Post
    Completed it quite easily, wondered round for 15 minutes not realising id completed it, massive disappointment and anti climax, got bored, now replaying L.A Noire with the DLC.

Skyrim was good, but re-playable it is not.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread