+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Gaming Thread, The Skyrim thread in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by CHR1S I have full dragon armour and am working on my deadric as we speak, its tedious! ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    I have full dragon armour and am working on my deadric as we speak, its tedious!
    There is an armour and physical damage reduction cap. If you've gone down the route of maxing your smithing with enchanted items etc, then you won't find any benefit from Daedric armour.

If not then ignore the above, although be aware that Daedric armour is heavier. (not applicable if you have the appropriate perk or standing stone)

Thank Post
    I just like the look of the Deadric more than the Dragon, and I think I have the weightless perk, or am at least on the path to it

Thank Post
    I much preferred the Daedric armour over the dragon one. The standing stone for the abilty to carry loads more weight was my constant standing stone for most of the game after I started to smith heavier armours.

Tbh I thought most of the Standing Stone abilities were a bit weak and that was by far the most useful one. The faster levelling up of abilities is OK, but most of the abilities offered by the SS's just seemed a bit dull to me.

Thank Post
    Ive only just found out there are more than the 3 you get at the start! oops

Thank Post
    lol Well some of them are pretty well hidden, you'd only find them by roaming around areas where there isn't really anything else to be found, such as the very edges of the map.

The "Steed Stone" is the one to watch for, that gives you +100 to carrying weight and no movement penalty for heavy armour

Thank Post
    Indeed, as mentioned on my post on the previous page, there are 13 in total. Some, such as the Serpent Stone or the Shadow Stone, are largely useless.

If anything, I prefer the Lover's Stone. While I focus on magic, one-handed and light armour, I do use every skill so as to level up. 15% bonus to all skills is better, in my opinion, than 20% to one set.

Uber spoilers ftw, you have been warned: Skyrim:Standing Stone - UESPWiki

Random tangent: The latest patch's implementation of more kill-cams for ranged abilities is nice.

Thank Post
    I do wish Bethesda would fix the major quest bug in the College of Winterhold quest line where the Containment quest fails to start after finishing Revealing the Unseen. I kinda wish I got the PC version now so i can script it to start.

Thank Post
    I just got bugged by the fallen quest not being able to be completed because I haven't joined a side but have started the quests. I now cannot complete the fallen quest until I end the war, I assume.

I to am beginning to think that perhaps I should get a gaming machine built just for this Bethesda Games. Oblivion was the same on the PS3. If you purchased the Game of the Year disc for the PS3, the bug that was around in the PC version after they added the additional content, popped up on the PS3 version. To get around this apparently you have to go out and source the original game (not GOTY) and swap the discs to complete the quest. The quest I am referring to is the Vampire cure. Come on! Surely if you know that a bug exists like this, you would check the issue before releasing.

I'm also at level 52, so I won't be starting again. That's now 2 Bethesda games that I can't complete

Thank Post
    @HodgeHi if you're on The Fallen, then you've completed Alduin's Bane.
    • If the war has been settled, the Jarl of Whiterun will speak to you and the quest will advance.
    • If the war has not been settled and the leader of the Greybeards still lives, then you need to speak to the respective leaders of each side and initiate the Season Unending quest. If you have not yet joined a side, now is the time. The Jarl will not see you until the threat against his Hold is removed.
    • If the war has not been settled and the leader of the Greybeards does not live, you have no other choice but to settle the war through arms and join a side.

Hope those criteria help.

p.s apologies for any spoilers.
    Last edited by Mako; 16th May 2012 at 03:11 PM.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    There is an armour and physical damage reduction cap. If you've gone down the route of maxing your smithing with enchanted items etc, then you won't find any benefit from Daedric armour.

If not then ignore the above, although be aware that Daedric armour is heavier. (not applicable if you have the appropriate perk or standing stone)
    What's the cap? I'm currently working on my Ebony tier with the Heavy Armour tree and Stoneflesh as a support buff.

Thank Post
    So after realising I couldn't kill a boss in a dungeon (after trying for a few hours) I decided that I would mark it and come back at a later date.

Off I trot to another random dungeon to do the same. Once again, kill everything other than the boss, but alas they will not die. So I start thinking that I am just cr@p at the game. So going through everything I have on me, I am not sure I have even got half his health down and my side-kick is useless at distracting him. He name begins with "Kuv", South-westish of the mountain in the middle.

I have not played it since but will most likely go back and reload an earlier point and leave me random dungeon destruction for a later date. Might even try and finish another main quest.

Thank Post
    @CAM the percentage of damage reduction cap is 80%, which I think translates to 567 armour rating. I've read it's possible to hit the top at 672, but this doesn't add any additional damage reduction as far as I know.
    @PeteW can you remember the name of the dungeon? I'm not aware of any such NPC's with that name.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteW View Post
    So after realising I couldn't kill a boss in a dungeon (after trying for a few hours) I decided that I would mark it and come back at a later date.

Off I trot to another random dungeon to do the same. Once again, kill everything other than the boss, but alas they will not die. So I start thinking that I am just cr@p at the game. So going through everything I have on me, I am not sure I have even got half his health down and my side-kick is useless at distracting him. He name begins with "Kuv", South-westish of the mountain in the middle.

I have not played it since but will most likely go back and reload an earlier point and leave me random dungeon destruction for a later date. Might even try and finish another main quest.
    I accidently did this playing Morrowind. I was exploring and I somehow wandered into the volcano in the middle of the map and found the end-game boss. I could barely dent him and he would constantly 1-hit kill me. Got bored in the end so stopped playing.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    @PeteW can you remember the name of the dungeon? I'm not aware of any such NPC's with that name.
    It was ( after a good Google) Kvenel the Tongue in the Volunruud dungeon. Though it says on there minimum level should be 21. I'm 17/18 or something so I am sure that doesn't help

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    I accidently did this playing Morrowind. I was exploring and I somehow wandered into the volcano in the middle of the map and found the end-game boss. I could barely dent him and he would constantly 1-hit kill me. Got bored in the end so stopped playing.
    I get a few hits in. Then his Ice Troll friend turns up unannounced to join the party

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread