+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, Dead Island 2 suggestions in Fun Stuff; We all know there's bound to be a Dead Island 2, game makers very rarely stick to just one now! ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Dead Island 2 suggestions

We all know there's bound to be a Dead Island 2, game makers very rarely stick to just one now!
    There is also rumours (supposedly confirmed by Lionsgate) of a Dead Island movie, purely inspired by this trailer:
    Dead Island: Official Announcement Trailer - YouTube

But aside from this, what suggestions would you have for Dead Island 2?
    Have to say mine would be:

• Headshots
      This works on humans, get a headshot and it kills them, so why doesn't it work on zombies? Even the loading screen suggests "go for the classic, aim at the head" so why when i aim at the head of a zombie does it take about 3 clips worth of ammo to kill? The special infected I can understand them taking more, but general infected should be taken down with one or two bullets at most
    • Better weapon pickups
      I get that its based on level, but it's a royal PITA when you get to lvl 35 for example, have lockpick lvl3 and yet you still only pick up a weak hammer or something. I'm not expecting there to be rare items on every turn, but a few more wouldn't hurt. Also having the white/normal weapons degrade much quicker than rarer items. At the moment, a rare sword still degrades massively after just one fight with about 5 or 6 infected. If I've paid $20k to upgrade and mod this weapon, I don't want it dead after 5 kills....give me a chance to use it without having to pay an extra $20k to repair it
    • Player customisation
      I understand having the 4 characters gives a bit of a plotline etc, but even a basic customisation would have made the connection between me and my character a little more than just "oh im playing as her". Nothing like jumping into a multiplayer game to find 4 people all playing as one character. In other games it doesn't matter so much (a sniper is still just a sniper) but when you are a character with a storyline it detracts from the game to know others are having the same storyline.
      Even something like customising the clothes or the hair, so people stand out slightly.
    • Less special infected
      I know this is a bit controversial but if you want a realistic zombie game then why not just have zombies. It takes away from the realism (as real as a zombie infected island can be) to turn a corner and see a zombie in straight jacket and face mask, then the next turn see another. Exactly how many straight jacketed face mask wearing people were on this island anyway?
      The thug is about the only one I can see as you could argue that slightly stronger people would be on the island.
      I know this is never going to happen, but it just annoys me slightly that you have this realistic island but slightly far fetched ideas of zombies (same goes for L4D).
      Just have varying degrees of strength on them. So maybe the female zombies would be seen as weaker (I'm just saying!!) and the muscle bound beach blokes are stronger.
      To me it was a lot more intense running through the streets with normal infected all around than seeing the special infected. Most of the time you could run straight by them.
    • Free roam island/area
      Not the free roam where you move too far in the sea and the screen goes black and it respawns you, or you can see a road but as you walk to it, it is clipped and blocks you. Something like Just Cuase 2 or GTA....if I want to spend my time on this zombie infested island just walking into the sea and watching fish swim by, so be it. If I want to try and climb every hill and mountain, so be it.
      I'm a bit torn between whether the island should be whole or not. Rather than having certain areas that you need to load into, an island (like JC2) that you can travel over completely. Again, it's your fault if you are level1 and go into the level 50 area, you'll learn. But it also means that at the higher end of the player levels you can freely roam about without having to keep loading certain areas

That's all I can think of so far (well apart from LESS BUGS!), anyone else?

Thank Post
    Not too keen on the leveling of zombies to your character.

I suppose it was needed for joining lower progress games, but i would have liked to be able to travel back to the beach with a electrified sledge hammer and 1 shot everything.

Agree with the head shot, that always annoyed me especially playing as purna, Maybe it should have been a special talent for her so its not so over powered. Xian pretty much decapitates regular zombies with a head shot anyway :P

im only in the city at the moment so not been to the jungle, but i think more vehicles would have been cool, a moped + baseball bat in the city would have been fun :P

I liked some of the special infected, like the recently infected being faster but weaker, the normal run of the mill zombies, maybe something more believable could have been used for the special infected, like infected apes to replace the straight jacket mask guys (hey it is a jungle island)

Medkits were a bit useless too, i know with all the money you can get you could buy hundreds but seemed strange how it healed you as much as an apple.

Thank Post
    you get larger more powerful med kits later in the game.

Pretty much agree with all the points raised, main one being the autoleveling of the zeds, but its a system games like obilvion use aswell.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I can sort of agree with the auto levelling. i wouldn't want to be lvl40 and have lvl1 zombies around, you could sneeze on them and kill them.

one that i did read somewhere was perhaps a greater penalty for death. i mean was anybody actually worried about dying in the game, knowing they lose a few $$ at most. compared to other games where you die, you either have a lot of the game to do again, or lose a lot of items etc. i'm not sure what the penalty would/could be but it does make you feel invulnerable if you can go into battle knowing you'll lose $3,000 but within a few minutes you'll kill a thug who carries that amount anyway.

oh and one other thing that does bug me a bit, is the weapon levels. i know again other games use this system, but to have fought to the end to get zeds demise sword, but then 10 lvls later a feeble sword is just as strong.....it means i've got a pretty useless sword.
    the thing is, i'm playing through it a second time, using my character and keeping all weapons, so when i reach the part of getting zeds demise again, it will be a lvl50ish sword i pick up. it would be better if you could pay to upgrade certain weapons more, not have a deadly machete but its lvl3 so about lvl10 its useless
    Last edited by MK-2; 4th October 2011 at 10:12 AM.

Thank Post
    True with the auto leveling to some aspects, would be nice if it was tiered, so say the beach has a zombie level cap at 15\20 for example, so if you go back they are not level 1 but still very easy to smack around for fun.

Would be nice if weapons somewhat leveled with you, maybe again tiered so the "homemade machete" will level up a few levels behind your char up to xx level, with the purple and orange weapons not having a cap, so if you pick it up at level 10, by the time your level 50 the weapon will be a level 45 weapon.

Thank Post
    I'd like more explanation of where the special infected come from. That charger like thing in the straight jacket, what's his story?!

All other points I fully agree with. Pistol head shots to the undead are just stupid! If they talked, I could picture them going "Ow! That hurt! Stop it!"

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamH View Post
    True with the auto leveling to some aspects, would be nice if it was tiered, so say the beach has a zombie level cap at 15\20 for example, so if you go back they are not level 1 but still very easy to smack around for fun.

Would be nice if weapons somewhat leveled with you, maybe again tiered so the "homemade machete" will level up a few levels behind your char up to xx level, with the purple and orange weapons not having a cap, so if you pick it up at level 10, by the time your level 50 the weapon will be a level 45 weapon.
    i like that idea. it would be nice to have a rare weapon be the one of choice. i have zeds demise sword and have modded it with deathstalker, so its pretty powerful....i'd like it to be my weapon of choice, but it cant be, as it degrades quickly and costs so much to repair....so i end up with a less expensive option.

i have got a lot more confident in the game now being a higher lvl. im back in the jungle and walk around from place to place now without driving. you find a hell of a lot more places that way. i've already found another village full of survivors and a coupe of other random quests. i've done the same in the city too, just walk about looking at areas ive not explored before.

Thank Post
    Zombies should have a cr rating so they dont level with you, death penalty should be loss of xp(inc levels) and money, or even you loose all your loot on death.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbaz View Post
    Zombies should have a cr rating so they dont level with you, death penalty should be loss of xp(inc levels) and money, or even you loose all your loot on death.
    i think maybe loss of xp would be best. losing loot wouldn't make sense, as if you died in the middle of the city, you have no way of fighting back after dying.

i think losing xp down to the base of the level you are on. so if you are two hits away from levelling up, you die, you lose a portion of xp of that level until you are back to the start of that level. once you are back to the start of that lvl, you dont go down a level, it just means you are going to take longer to level up.

Thank Post
    I personally haven't played the first game yet, and only seen gameplay on youtube but will be looking to buy it once the price drops. One issue I have with the game is that there seems to be quite a few quests where you have to travel via the sewers. Sort of defeats the point of being on a tropical island imo. So less sewer travel would be my main hope for DI2.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by protocol View Post
    I personally haven't played the first game yet, and only seen gameplay on youtube but will be looking to buy it once the price drops. One issue I have with the game is that there seems to be quite a few quests where you have to travel via the sewers. Sort of defeats the point of being on a tropical island imo. So less sewer travel would be my main hope for DI2.
    There are only really two main quests via the sewers (get to supermarket/cityhall and get to police station). Once the sewers are opened up, there are manhole covers all over the city, so you don't just go into the sewers and stay there, you have the choice of walking through the city to get to a closer manhole cover.
    i do agree though, i wanted to explore more of an island resort than a city and jungle (though i understand it followed the storyline).
    perhaps a sequel could be on a more touristy resort, as its hard to take in that one island that is aimed at tourists has a massive jungle area, has a downtrodden city area and also has a massive prison that houses international terrorists (yeah i know places like this do exist, but i'd prefer an island aimed at tourists...sort of like maldives/seychelles/mauritius, something that is meant to be idyllic but is ruined)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I thought of one last one......

If you're going to set it on some tropical island, for the love of god splash out a bit on voice actors.
    I don't want to be in a police station in a faraway island to find that one of the coppers there is talking with a scouse accent, it totally throws me.
    and i dont want to be in a prison in said island with international terrorists to find one of them is a chatty little bloke with a brummie accent, again, not helping to root the location for me.
    even the aussie accents sound a bit off. pay a few good voice actors and let them do all the voices, not just get your mates round and say "who can do a south african accent?"

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread