+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, Star Wars : The Old Republic in Fun Stuff; This game has got me mega excited and was wondering what peoples thoughts will be on classes they'd want to ...
    Thank Post

Star Wars : The Old Republic

This game has got me mega excited and was wondering what peoples thoughts will be on classes they'd want to be?

I'm currently thinking of Smuggler or Consular class, no chance of me ever being a Sith.....

Only gripe might be the tunnel space fighting, I'd have loved an Tie Fighter/X-Wing style space war which could have been the best thing ever.

Thank Post
    Infact I've chosen the Smuggler class for my main character with likely a trooper or consular as my alt. God I could literally squeel with excitement about this game.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    How long has the Beta been going?

They're still talking about testing it, so i signed up...purely on the offchance!!

Thank Post
    The closed beta seemingly was open to US players and select EU players of sorts, not been involved but hoping Open beta will launch soon which everyone who's signed up can be involved in.

Thank Post
    Pre-ordered this a while ago.

Think the original release date was September but they appear to be doing a rare but good job of waiting till the game is finished before releasing it.

Was thinking jedi knight or trooper myself.

Thank Post
    Release date is now 22.12.2011 - just in time for my two week break from work.

Excellleeeeeeent

Thank Post
    Funnily enough I was talking to a mate of mine called 'Butters' about this last night and he is equally excited. I was really excited when they announced the game then my excitement wained as the development went on. I seem to find it harder and harder to get excited about mmo's any more when the developers have ruined so many I loved.

Man I hope this game is good tho, it would be really really good to have another great SW mmo.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SmellyLlama View Post
    Funnily enough I was talking to a mate of mine called 'Butters' about this last night and he is equally excited. I was really excited when they announced the game then my excitement wained as the development went on. I seem to find it harder and harder to get excited about mmo's any more when the developers have ruined so many I loved.

Man I hope this game is good tho, it would be really really good to have another great SW mmo.
    Having played it recently at a game expo, I'm seriously excited for this now and feel it could be the 'one' to finally top WoW from it's perch.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Having played it recently at a game expo, I'm seriously excited for this now and feel it could be the 'one' to finally top WoW from it's perch.
    It certainly sounds interesting. What would you say makes it different/better to WoW apart from the SW storyline? How is the gameplay not just go here kill 10 womprats, come back and receive a reward. Is there going to be some good pvp too?

Thank Post
    Not too sure really but I'm much more 'intune' with the setting and storyline. The gameplay does have a fairly standard MMO affair but there is a decent PVP and likely some top quality raiding potential. I don't know what it is really but I'm excited.

I'm assuming it's just the fact it has lightsabre's.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Played it. I went to a meet and greet event after Eurogamer at the weekend and no NDA either...

My thoughts? 5/50! Huttball looks fun and the game is very well polished bar the normal MMO bugs. I also spotted an Instant Kill and Instant Level item in my bags but when the staff saw me abusing them they went round every PC to delete said items.

The game itself seems fun at first but gets a bit typical after a while. Everything is very WoW style, from the loot system to the inventories. Think what Rift did UI style but in space, it just seems too much of a clone to me and that killed interest pretty quickly. If I am at a meet and greet and have the next big blockbuster game in front of me I should be really keen to keep playing and not be fussed about catching the last train back...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread