+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, Lord of the rings online in Fun Stuff; Currently loving it, helped by the lifetime subs I just won in a competition I'm playing on the EU- english ...

Thank Post

Lord of the rings online

Currently loving it, helped by the lifetime subs I just won in a competition

I'm playing on the EU- english "Laurelin" RP server, community is excellent and the game is very enjoyable.

Give me a shout in game if you want to team up! My character is called Nocturnal!

Thank Post

Re: Lord of the rings online

Was in the beta for LOTRO, awesome graphics, got a few characters to the mid teens. Just wasnt the game for me, couldnt really put my finger on it, but it just didnt grab me. Found it a bit dull and I never really got past the annoyance of not having Rohan, Gondor, Mordor etc. I think I might have been hooked more if I could have played a "baddie" character (not temporarily in monsterplay, but as a main), rather than just an elf,man,dwarf or hobbit. (traditionally I like to play the badguys in MMOs, I tend to find the good races in MMOs a bit blah)

Should be a successful game though, providing that people dont get bored quickly, which seems to be a common issue with Turbine games. I doubt it hooked me due to me having my eyes firmly besotted on Warhammer Online

Thank Post

Well I'm still going strong on it. In all honesty though Jake the game doesn't take off until youre well past level 20 and have a good group of mates to play with.

I and several others won't be going to Warhammer online, I don't trust EA or Mythic to not screw that game up somehow and lets face it the game will be full of l33t freaks

I also won a lifetip subs to LOTRO so I'm happy where I am for now

Thank Post

I dont hugely trust Mythic, but I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Warhammer and to a lesser degree Age of Conan are far more appealing to me because I am a PvP'er. So as I am sure you can see LOTRO is no use to me with their focus most definately being on PvE. The ideal MMO for me features intense and large scale PvP, including the capture and control of areas, zones and towns. Currrently the only one on the horizon that facilitates that is Warhammer (and as I say to a degree Age of Conan).

As I say, I think LOTRO will be a success, as long as folks dont get bored

Thank Post

I've got the founders key... just cant afford to use it yet [will go for the £100 one of life time payment, providing i get the time to play it I enjoyed playing it for the few days i tried it]

If any of you who havent played it get a trial of some sort, give it a go... I was pretty chuffed.

Nath.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

I'm on the Eldar server. I have two characters, a level 20 dwarf champion called Norphlet (I have no imagination, so shoot me :P) and a level 10 Minstrel man called Luinemet. It's the first MMORPG, hell the first RPG I've ever played. Enjoying it so far.

Thank Post

If anyone wants to join my ShadowMasters Kinship on Snowbourn then just look up Aughard or one of the other players, or PM me on here. Getting bigger by the day, mature group who are in to group and have fun. Not doing the serious nightly raids etc.

Thank Post

I'll start playing it again no doubt in a few months time - once i've started my new job and stuff... I shall look u up [hope my username still exists hehe]

Nath.

Thank Post
    Playing on Snowbourn at the moment - Level 56 Champ and a couple of alts for crafting.
    Let me know if you are still playing Ninja, would be good to have a hoot with a not so stranger

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread