+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Dead Island in Fun Stuff; I don;t seem to be struggling like some people seem to, maybe I'm just not high enough yet. Level 12 ...

Thank Post
    I don;t seem to be struggling like some people seem to, maybe I'm just not high enough yet. Level 12 at the moment and got a fully upgraded machetti and I can kill enemies with 1-2 slices. Can take on about 5 at once without dyeing. No issues taking on those big ones that walk slowly and scream out every so often either. Plus got about 4k in cash.

The only thing that does bug me is the speed of un-upgraded weapon deteriorate (completely unrealistic - 5 blows with a knife would not leave it bent, twisted and broken!) and the fact you loose loads of cash when you die. Once a zombies killed you, it's unlikely he would nick your wallet and leg it! Your brains, maybe, but not your wallet!
    Last edited by Rawns; 20th September 2011 at 01:56 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    I don;t seem to be struggling like some people seem to, maybe I'm just not high enough yet. Level 12 at the moment and got a fully upgraded machetti and I can kill enemies with 1-2 slices. Can take on about 5 at once without dyeing. No issues taking on those big ones that walk slowly and scream out every so often either. Plus got about 4k in cash.

The only thing that does bug me is the speed of un-upgraded weapon deteriorate (completely unrealistic - 5 blows with a knife would not leave it bent, twisted and broken!) and the fact you loose loads of cash when you die. Once a zombies killed you, it's unlikely he would nick your wallet and leg it! Your brains, maybe, but not your wallet!
    fully upgraded machete is ok at level12, but as you get higher up having 4 or 5 around you is a lot more difficult, and the machete strike can be interrupted, so halfway through a swing if you are hit it stops.
    i do agree with degradation of weapons though, and i know for my character one of the upgrade options i have is to lose less money on death. but it is annoying to have $500+ go when you die. i mean i know there has to be a penalty but if you die a few times you can wipe out your entire cash fund!

there are also other tiny bugs i dont like:
    - breaking a door down doesn't seem to be able to be cancelled. so if in a room full of zombies you try to break a door down then want to stop and hit one, you cant, you have to wait until one hits you
    - certain animations take far too long and stop user input. stomping on a head takes a while to animate, then after its done there is still a second before you get control back to move/attack. same goes for drinking/eating....it plays the animation but you are stuck looking down at the floor for a while until its done.
    - if you get knocked down by the thug the animation it plays takes forever. the fury/rage/whatever special move thing has completely run out if you get hit at the start of it. i know not so much a bug as you should be careful not to get hit, but the getting up animation feels like 15/20 secs!

Thank Post
    xbox doesnt suffer like that, can cancel the door knock down and freely move while eating etc

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbaz View Post
    xbox doesnt suffer like that, can cancel the door knock down and freely move while eating etc
    you can move once it has played the animation of picking up the food, but from the pickup to the food/drink at the mouth and the little sound played to show its been eaten, you cant move...well on pc anyway.

how do you cancel the door knock, as none of the movement keys on pc respond, you just slide mouse back to start the knock then mouse forward to end. nothing else responds, so im wondering if its a key ive not bound or something

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    how do you cancel the door knock, as none of the movement keys on pc respond, you just slide mouse back to start the knock then mouse forward to end. nothing else responds, so im wondering if its a key ive not bound or something
    Hold the use key to stop trying ("F" I think if you've not changed it)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hold the use key to stop trying ("F" I think if you've not changed it)
    will give it a go, i pressed F but didnt hold it. its a pain as im in the city and sometimes run to a door thinking i can knock it down quick (more fool me) and end up surrounded by about 10 of the buggers.

one other slight annoyance is if you fight (lets say) a thug, get him down to nearly no health....have degraded your weapon quite a bit then die, you will respawn with the same weapon degradation and with less cash, but the thug will be back on full health. so you have to fight the same monster with less weapons. if you carry on like that it could mean having no weapons to fight with and being in an area you cant just repair them.
    it would make more sense if you die, you respawn and the weapon you used is back to its original state (excluding gun ammo).

i think ive done all the city missions now, looks like im heading back to the jungle....but this time i want someone else to play along with, as its bloody tough out there!

Thank Post
    i think ive done all the city missions now, looks like im heading back to the jungle....but this time i want someone else to play along with, as its bloody tough out there!
    I'd offer to play along, but I was level 12, then got an update and now my save game has gone! Got to start all over again!

You have to hold F for a while as it involves another long winded animation!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'd offer to play along, but I was level 12, then got an update and now my save game has gone! Got to start all over again!

You have to hold F for a while as it involves another long winded animation!
    that's ok, i dont mind coming back to help you on your missions if you want. i was level 28 with blunt guy before i started again, level 23ish now. what missions are you on at the mo, i can come back and help you out

Thank Post
    that's ok, i dont mind coming back to help you on your missions if you want. i was level 28 with blunt guy before i started again, level 23ish now. what missions are you on at the mo, i can come back and help you out
    Well, I was at the stage of taking that giant armoured van to a welder, but then my saved game stopped working so I'm right back at the beginning!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well, I was at the stage of taking that giant armoured van to a welder, but then my saved game stopped working so I'm right back at the beginning!
    i dont mind, give me a shout ill chip in.
    one thing ive never worked out, how is the xp/loot shared? i mean if im lvl 20 and you are lvl2, do we each get half the xp or do you get more of a share. also what monsters do we face if i go back to an area ive been in. as lvl2 you would hardly want lvl20 monsters, but lvl2 monsters to me might make your job easier

Thank Post
    i dont mind, give me a shout ill chip in.
    one thing ive never worked out, how is the xp/loot shared? i mean if im lvl 20 and you are lvl2, do we each get half the xp or do you get more of a share. also what monsters do we face if i go back to an area ive been in. as lvl2 you would hardly want lvl20 monsters, but lvl2 monsters to me might make your job easier
    I think you can only join a game if you are equal to or lower than the hosts level. So you won't be able to jump in on my game with your lvl20 unless you start a new llvl1 character. I could jump into your game but surviving as a lvl1 in a lvl20 world would be no fun at all. They could kill me just with their stare!

Thank Post
    on xbox you can join anyones game, however if you join a higher lvl game the completed quests wont add to your own progress. (ie you cant skip quests)

Ive been playing with a mate who was at the start and i was about lvl15, it was his game so the monsters are at his level which meant i was one hit killing them (FUN!) i was getting xp but not a great deal not sure what he was getting as when i asked he didnt know what i meant..

ive been playing with him alot and have helped him complete alot of the quests, i was getting the quest xp and items too so i would say its perfectly fine to join a lower level guys game and help him out

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I think you can only join a game if you are equal to or lower than the hosts level. So you won't be able to jump in on my game with your lvl20 unless you start a new llvl1 character. I could jump into your game but surviving as a lvl1 in a lvl20 world would be no fun at all. They could kill me just with their stare!
    i thought it says you can join the game if you are equal to the storyline progression, not actual level. but still means i probably cant.

Thank Post
    Well, I picked the game up after work last night, and had a 20 minute bash before going to bed...

It's good - I like the open world, but was disappointed that you can't swim at all?! I took a right at the start looking for something to smash, and found a couple of surfer zombies, but then almost drowned by walking on the bottom of the water for a bit - you can't even see where you're going!

I've read a few reviews saying you can change the attack style so you direct blows with the joypads, but couldn't see a setting in the options, is this something I learn soon or have I just missed something obvious?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    well thats frustrating. i got up to the exact same point i initially got stuck at (jungle with walkers/infected/thug and butcher all at once). so i thought right, ill try a couple of times, if i cant do it ill open up an online invite to get some help.
    walked in there, guy im protecting went to fight, i went up to thug, both arms off in two hits, couple more hits then his head came off. went over to butcher/normal infected and tore into them, done in about 20 secs and off we go. not quite sure why i struggled before. i think mainly because i had blunt weapons guy and kept using sharp weapons so got no sort of advantage.
    think im about 80% of the storyline through now, keen to see how it ends....its all getting rather "Lost"ish

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast