+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Dead Island in Fun Stuff; an update went out for xbox yesterday, have you checked for a patch?...
    Thank Post
    an update went out for xbox yesterday, have you checked for a patch?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbaz View Post
    an update went out for xbox yesterday, have you checked for a patch?
    update to correct what? as it doesn't appear to be a bug, just a sort of poorly designed section of the game.

i'm on steam so ill have a look tonight

Thank Post
    Got this over the weekend. So far, I'm really enjoying it. Think I'm level 6 now. A bit disappointed with the lack of firearms at the moment, I'd like a gun or two, however beating zombies to a pulp is still good fun.

Edit: How catchy is the intro music to that awesome video? I can't help but hum it to myself every now and again! "Who do you voodoo *****!"
    Last edited by Rawns; 19th September 2011 at 09:17 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Got this over the weekend. So far, I'm really enjoying it. Think I'm level 6 now. A bit disappointed with the lack of firearms at the moment, I'd like a gun or two, however beating zombies to a pulp is still good fun.
    I had to start again as I didn't read the bio's too well so chose the blunt weapons guy but have been using sharp weapons....so wasting it.
    restarted with the woman who does sharp weapons now. think i'm level 19 or so.
    it is far more enjoyable with melee weapons rather than guns, plus with guns, by the time you reload, if you haven't dropped them chances are you are dead

Thank Post
    Well, i decided to get my xbox out of storage, popped over to gamestation with a pile of games I've no space for anymore - £130 of trade in, and they didn't have it in stock!!!! Spent 1-2 hours checking stock at other game places as I was desperate to play, but its sold out everywhere! :-(

I did reserve a copy though, so should get hold of it some time this week!

Thank Post
    Really enjoying this still, game definately gets alot harder once you reach the city, great fun playing it through with mates, not so great playing with random people who join your game as they tend to run off and start doing quests so you end up missing out on alot of story lines!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Really enjoying this still, game definately gets alot harder once you reach the city, great fun playing it through with mates, not so great playing with random people who join your game as they tend to run off and start doing quests so you end up missing out on alot of story lines!
    it gets even harder in the jungle i tell you! the butcher zombies are absolutely lethal!

Thank Post
    One element i dont like, and i didnt like in Oblivion/fallout is the leveling of the enemy/zombies, in traditional rpg games you would not have this auto leveling. you would have low cr creatures in the early ares who would remain low cr even though you lvl up, you would then one hit kill them in these areas but get little to no xp and like wise there would be hard/impossible areas to go because of high cr rating beasties where you would get rewarded for going to these places.

but i guess thats a little too d&d for most gamers..

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    One element i dont like, and i didnt like in Oblivion/fallout is the leveling of the enemy/zombies, in traditional rpg games you would not have this auto leveling. you would have low cr creatures in the early ares who would remain low cr even though you lvl up, you would then one hit kill them in these areas but get little to no xp and like wise there would be hard/impossible areas to go because of high cr rating beasties where you would get rewarded for going to these places.

but i guess thats a little too d&d for most gamers..
    i have to agree. also the fact that the zombies you meet in other areas (like the suicider) suddenly start to appear in the first areas that you have been round countless times. if they had the resort as all lower level zombies, and they are say levels 1-10 only, then next area is levels 11-20 etc. so whatever area you are in will coincide with your skill. if you travel to levels 35-45 and you are level 5, tough, its your own fault.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    so, is there anybody with a PC version that fancies joining up to do some missions? i really dont want any numpty joining.....like last night when a guy joined and all he wanted to do was just ride up and down in the car running zombies over. not bothered at all about playing the game, he just wanted to drive around and ignore everyone else

Thank Post
    I'm enjoying the game, which is a surprise after reading a few reviews.

Main problem i have with the game is when picking up alcohol it replaces my weapon, so ill grab a bottle, get rushed and just end up getting extremely intoxicated and eaten >.<

Love the weapon upgrades though

Thank Post
    Sounds like you need to work on your inventory management! picking up an item and having another one drop is the result of a full inventory

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    one thing i have found too, is my first play through with the blunt weapon guy, by lvl20 i had racked up about $30k and had no amount of beefy weapons and mod parts. playing again as sharp weapon woman i barely have $6k cash, only one half decent weapon and very few usable parts. yet with her i upgraded to lvl2 lockpick but most chests containing rubbish weapons that are only fit to sell.

the head stomp thing is definitely a godsend though, means one kick to knock down, one kick to kill, no weapon degradation!

Thank Post
    Im playing with the big blunt guy but use all sorts of weapons, have found 5 "orange" rare weapons and couneltess greens and blues, its its a standard white then i either dont pick it up or just sell it, blunts give bonuses to my unique skill (rage) but sharps are more fun!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Im playing with the big blunt guy but use all sorts of weapons, have found 5 "orange" rare weapons and couneltess greens and blues, its its a standard white then i either dont pick it up or just sell it, blunts give bonuses to my unique skill (rage) but sharps are more fun!
    yeah see ive explored loads, found one military machete and thats it. rest i find are normal weapons. i dont know if it adjusts certain things as my first play through with blunt guy id found loads too, yet with her im not finding much (i seem to constantly find brass knuckles). but she does make good use of her sharp weapons though...taking an arm off a thug in one hit is great!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast