+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Gaming Thread, Upcoming titles you're looking forward to in Fun Stuff; Shooty games? On a pc? With a pad? Are you mad? As for EA's Origin, it is sickening. There are ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 791 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Shooty games? On a pc? With a pad? Are you mad?

As for EA's Origin, it is sickening. There are few times that I would encourage "being naughty", however in this instance and taking the moral high ground, I would be inclined to purchase the game and install a naughty copy.
    However, that in itself is "legally questionable" purely because how that licence reads, Origin is part of it. There is no legal question or problem with using NAUGHTY things on games you have purchased (only if you make the NAUGHTY bits yourself). I really hope EA take a good hard look at themselves in the mirror sometime soon.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,302 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    I really hope EA take a good hard look at themselves in the mirror sometime soon.
    I didn't think that vampires could do that, isn't it one of the rules or something

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I can't believe you people have enough time to look forward to new games - I think my Steam backlog from the last two sales is at least 2 dozen games. I only started Fallout 3 this week, ffs!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamH View Post
    Bastion is a cracking little game as well (on steam and xbl)
    Love the narrator on that game, only played the demo!

New elder scrolls looks pretty epic too!

http://www.giantbomb.com/the-elder-s...art-3/17-4860/
    Last edited by bondbill2k2; 15th September 2011 at 11:22 AM.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Completely different to everything else mentioned, but I've just pre-ordered Fifa 12 on ps3 :-)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain.Faulkner View Post
    Completely different to everything else mentioned, but I've just pre-ordered Fifa 12 on ps3 :-)
    I've had a play on Fifa12 on X360. Unfortunately it seems they just never get the idea when making these games of what keepers should do.
    The keeper (when I played) still fails to rush out even when its 1 on 1. Crosses from the sideline are still not met by him unless they are agonisingly close, so free headers are always available.
    they've introduced a new form of tackling (so they say) in that you can now push/shove/nudge someone on the ball to make them lose balance. unfortunately the person with the ball is ALWAYS faster than you so by the time you catch them, they are most likely in the box ready to shoot so chances of a penalty are high.

unfortunately it really does feel like they are rehashing the same game year in year out. offsides still dont seem to be understood, in that a player not in play still gets caught offside (even if by corner flag) and you take a shot.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JJonas View Post
    Demon's Souls was one of the best games of 2009.

It was dark, unforgiving but rewarding when played right. It was so refreshing to see a game without fancy FMV cut-scenes all the time, without sign posts telling you where to go, without a sidekick giving you hints, without checkpoints every 5 meters or rewind time 'features' just incase you walked off the 30ft cliff. For the generation of kids that were brought up where the game basically guides you though an entertaining film and is possible to finish in 5 hours (repeatative FPSs spring to mind) this was for gamers who grew up playing games when they were hard.

Glad Dark Souls is out of the 360 too, which will bring a great game to a wider audience. Out Friday, for the same price as the normal game you get a making of DVD, soundtrack CD and artbook... again refreshing when the big companies that churn out the same old stuff year in, year out would charge double.

No pausing, very little checkpoints (all ememies respawn when you use them) and even weak enemies with a dagger can kill you if you've not got your wits about you. This will not be a pickup and play game, but if you can set aside a few hours, its a very rewarding experience.

roll on friday (or probably thursday)

Last edited by Theblacksheep; 4th October 2011 at 02:48 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    No pausing, very little checkpoints (all ememies respawn when you use them) and even weak enemies with a dagger can kill you if you've not got your wits about you. This will not be a pickup and play game, but if you can set aside a few hours, its a very rewarding experience.
    This makes me sad panda, for as much as I love a proper game experience, and setting aside 7 hours of an evening... having children (and animals) makes pausing an essential. It's a big part of why I got out of EVE, in retrospect; even if you get a clear hour or two, you can never do much with it because you never know when you'll get called away for spider duty, or bedtime kisses, or anything else.

How I yearn for being single and unemployed still, some days!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    This makes me sad panda, for as much as I love a proper game experience, and setting aside 7 hours of an evening... having children (and animals) makes pausing an essential. It's a big part of why I got out of EVE, in retrospect; even if you get a clear hour or two, you can never do much with it because you never know when you'll get called away for spider duty, or bedtime kisses, or anything else.

How I yearn for being single and unemployed still, some days!
    Demon Souls wasn't a family game, although you could (with the right 'magic') teleport back to a nice safe area (the nexus) from which the levels branch out. Dark Souls is open world, so you'd need to restart from a save area (few and far between). You will be punished for getting that little spider in the bath!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Demon souls was an evil game, never completed it only borrowed from a mate but if you want a challange I recommend it. To get a real idea of the game check out giantbomb (the best game review site around as they are genuine gamers who will express their opinion freely) Quick Look: Dark Souls - Giant Bomb

For those who enjoy podcasts and games seriously check out their 'bombcast' 2hours + once per week on everything gaming related and alot of random banter.
    Bombcast - Giant Bomb&#39s Gaming Podcast

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234