+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Gaming Thread, Sony PS3 - NOT impressed at all in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by RabbieBurns OMG I hate windows. I just installed it and I had to do a TON of ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    OMG I hate windows. I just installed it and I had to do a TON of updates.. Service Pack? What the hell is that. Took 3 REBOOTS!!

Come on mattx. New features require new updates. Sony release 3D capablity as one of the updates for GT5 iirc. Does x360 do 3d?

Yeah I know, but try telling that to a 11 year old and a 40 year old......

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    There was something seriously wrong with the first one - it would not even display in the correct res - this new one seems quicker at loading games and there is hardly any noise when it spins the discs up.
    When taking the original back to Sainsburys they kept me waiting for 25 mins to see if they could find a replacement - in the end I said not to bother and to give me a refund. They refused to start with but then I started making a real fuss walking around the store asking to speak to the manager and asking customers if they feel that making someone wait for 25 mins was 'ok' in their opinion......
    As usual the lack of any customer service in this country is ripe - although the original lady who helped me I felt sorry for as she must have called out for assistance over 25 times and still no one came. She kept apologizing but I insisted that this was not her fault and it was the overall lack of CS support in the store. A letter will be sent to their head office.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    It's something Sony has made which does not work....
    Along with a network full of security issues (that look like they have been fixed)

--

The one thing that does get me is the size of some of the game updates. Take for example when I got GT5, I only had a 0.5mb net connection and it took nearly all day to update the firmware, then download over 800mb of game updates. Now that I'm on a faster connection it doesn't matter that much now that large updates only take around 20-30mins to download unlike the time it took before

Thank Post
    The only issue I have with my PS3 is older games. You get a cheap game off eBay or second hand in a shop etc... and then when you get home there's like 1.5GB of updates top download. I don't mind though because once everything is up to date then you generally don't have to download many updates for a whiole. When you do download, they're usually quite small.

Thank Post
    Sounds like you've had some bad luck. I bought a PS3 to play GT5 and have since bought a few more games for it. I would say I'm a pretty hardcore PC gamer at heart and have been fairly impressed with the games. Got the PS Move thingy and it's a great laugh, love the table tennis and the gladiator game.

There are always updates for all sorts of things, I find it strange that you are a bit peeved with it doing them being an IT person!! It makes me wonder why there are updates for the xbox?!

I got a copy of LBP at the weekend and was playing it with the missus, hilarious fun and very random too. Pretty sure it's the Fry doing the voice over too :P

Thank Post
    because its a console its supposed to be shove disk in play not wait ages for system/game updates as to the 360 i dont ever remember having to download the sheer mbs of stuff just to play a game isnt gt5 several hundred mb?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    because its a console its supposed to be shove disk in play not wait ages for system/game updates as to the 360 i dont ever remember having to download the sheer mbs of stuff just to play a game isnt gt5 several hundred mb?
    yeah, gt5 was crazy. You had to download a huge file before you could play. I spent about an hour and a half pacing up and down the lounge and when I moved it onto my pc desk (where my wheel is) I had to download more. It's the one thing I was really supprised about when I borrowed a mates ps3, installing games on a console. Still, games need updates and I suppose if we want them to fix the bugs we do so whine about we have to put up with the odd download now and again

Thank Post
    This may be of interest. Last year 2 friends had faulty consoles, one xbox360 the other PS3. They both phoned to get them sent back. Microsoft phoned back and said that as it was so near to Christmas and the user would probably be getting games on christmas day that they would pay to have the unit picked by a courier and shipped to Germany and shipped back as its own consignment, without waiting for a bunch to be sent together. The xbox360 was back before Christmas. PS3 was back in January.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SmellyLlama View Post
    I got a copy of LBP at the weekend and was playing it with the missus, hilarious fun and very random too. Pretty sure it's the Fry doing the voice over too :P
    It is indeed Mr Fry doing the voice :-)

The updates you need when you first turn the console on are the longest. After that its pretty much 1 system update every few months that takes maybe 15min to download/install. Depending on your games you might get updates for them too, but they vary...

I prefer PS3 over xbox, simply because the ps3 does a whole lot more than play games. I had a launch model 60gb which I had no issues with untill March, when after marathon sessions of Assasins Creed and Demon Souls it started overheating, and eventully the solder on the motherboard melted...
    Just replaced it last month with a new Slim model, and very pleased with it Seems to run quieter and syncs with my telly aswell!

Thank Post
    I love my PS3, it has been great, and I'm a PC gamer by and large. It's our main DVD player, occasional Blu-Ray gets stuck in it too. Being a slimline, it's quiet, fairly cool running and has been reliable. For FPS I'd still rather have my PC though, and I have a Wii almost purely for Mario Kart.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    asking customers if they feel that making someone wait for 25 mins was 'ok' in their opinion......
    funny

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12