+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, Eve Online - Greed is Good in Fun Stuff; A rather worrying leaked internal memo from CCP: Greed Is Good: Purportedly leaked internal bulletin shows CCP’s “refreshing” new direction. ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Blog Entries

Eve Online - Greed is Good

A rather worrying leaked internal memo from CCP: Greed Is Good: Purportedly leaked internal bulletin shows CCP’s “refreshing” new direction. (download of the full PDF is near the bottom of the article)

Genuine discussions going on with regards to balance-shifting microtransactions (rather than just $60 monocles) in an article peppered with the phrases "Greed is Good", "I shop therefore I am" and "Buy me, I'll change your life".

CCP are making it ever easier to me to postpone my return, I fear...!

Thank Post
    There's a massive thread of their forums at the moment. Until they confirm/deny the game changing MT's everyone is holding their breath.

Thank Post
    EVE Online | EVE Insider | Forums

page 108 and counting.

When I started reading it was 66 pages and by the time I finished page 7 it was on page 88!

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I hear from an insider that 2/5th of the dev team were working on CQ, which hasn't really added anything to the game. That said, ROE or not, wear a monocle and feel my guns.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    I hear from an insider that 2/5th of the dev team were working on CQ, which hasn't really added anything to the game. That said, ROE or not, wear a monocle and feel my guns.
    Agreed, the WIS merely adds a more social area to the game. I went to one of the EvEfests (read manfest) a couple of years ago when I played alot and they were talking alot about WIS then. We even played a very basic version of it. Everyone said the same then, no one is really bothered about walking around in a station in an internet spaceship game like eve.

There are enough game altering bugs that need to be fixed before they start charging people for hats and buttons!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,551 Times in 1,980 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You'd have to be nuts to buy those items for those ridiculous prices. Faction fit T3 ships are slightly more useful!

Thank Post
    What is most annoying about this whole thing is it goes against the whole eve ethos of kill someone and take their stuff. I wouldn't care about the monocles if I could pod someone and rip it off their corpse with their fancy clothes and sell it on. Untouchable vanity items are just the thin edge of the wedge.

Quite apart from the fact eve is only being maintained at the moment, and all development is concentrated on stuff that will suit their next two games, rather than moving eve forward and improving old features - FW is my particular bug bear but there are so many neglected areas everywhere that I am getting discouraged

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread