+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, L.A. Noire in Fun Stuff; Just landed on my desk!!

Thread: L.A. Noire

/ Completely unrelated I'm feeling a bit peaky so I think I should go home ...

Thank Post

L.A. Noire

Just landed on my desk!! \0/

Completely unrelated I'm feeling a bit peaky so I think I should go home and recover in case I'm contagious.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TechMonkey View Post
    Just landed on my desk!! \0/

Completely unrelated I'm feeling a bit peaky so I think I should go home and recover in case I'm contagious.
    Hoping mines at home!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,034 Posts
    I need to order one - although i'm going to have to wait until pay day! got an expensive day at twickenham on Saturday!

Thank Post
    No PC version

Thank Post
    I hope mine is on the doormat when I get home

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The graphics are top notch. Facial shots are amazing and actually look like real faces when they talk/frown/etc

Gameplay is a bit hit and miss at times. A lot of cases turn into a "chase after him without losing him, then either tackle/fight/shoot him" and the basic interviews and searching around.
    shootouts are the basic go behind cover, peek out, aim, shoot, go to next cover.
    Sure you have to think a bit more (accuse someone of lying....prove it) but it just doesn't feel as slick as red dead redemption in terms of playability

all in all if the actor graphics are a sign of things to come, im very happy, but the gameplay is letting it down a bit for me

Thank Post
    Hoping mines at home so I can get it all completed then cash it in at CEX :P

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I shall be trading in mortal kombat off this tonight Looks amazing, im a big fan of giantbombs reviews as they are honest and show proper gameplay and comment from the eyes of a gamer, not a critic and they cant get enough of it. I like the idea of having the true free roam seperate from the campain to show "look we dont just make games you go around killing everyone when your bored" and the black and white mode you can turn on in options Great job by the artists and game makers.

Another 1st for Rockstar is the fact they are using a real world location with historical landmarks, the LA freeway aparntly is in one of the quests.....well the area they are beginning construction. Also alot of the gangs and gangsters in the story are realy names and linked .

The tech used is amazing and they have actually filled a full blu-ray I heared the motion capture software used on the actors faces pulled around a GB of data per second when first made!

Quick Look: L.A. Noire - Giant Bomb

http://www.giantbomb.com/la-noire-video-review/17-4138/

Thank Post
    Played it for about 5 hours in the end, just started settling in to being a cop.... bit strange after RDR and GTA, but unique if you ignore heavy rain.

faces and animation are amazing.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    Played it for about 5 hours in the end, just started settling in to being a cop.... bit strange after RDR and GTA, but unique if you ignore heavy rain.

faces and animation are amazing.
    yep, as i said i love the facial animations. the gameplay is still a bit annoying though, and that is what is bugging me.
    last night (im homocide at the moment) two cases involved chasing someone and either tackling them or hitting their car til they stop. i dont doubt these are how things could have unfolded in real life but when every case ends in the same thing, it gets a bit dull.

RDR is still a better gameplay environment with the wide range of missions and such.

i'll carry on playing in the hope it gets better and my next case doesn't involve chasing another guy over rooftops

Thank Post
    It's actually a very dull game. Repetitive missions from the start and just no emotional involvement like Heavy Rain.

The facial stuff is awesome though, good sign for the future but needs better gameplay and that.

Thank Post
    Played it for a fair few hours last night & it is a shame the manual isn't a bit fuller. Also the interrogation mechanic takes a bit of getting used to. Wouldn't call it dull though, it's just not an action game. Someone called it an evolution of the old point and click adventures.

The tech is brilliant and the location really nice. I'm going to have to just have a drive at some point, though the way the story progresses it doesn't feel like you can just wander off.

Thank Post
    I'd rather point and clicks didn't evolve, give me another old school broken sword anyday.

It's a good game but just doesn't quite have the shine I was hoping for and the repetition means it's a one play through game for me.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TechMonkey View Post
    Wouldn't call it dull though, it's just not an action game.
    i know its not marketed as an action game, but every action sequence is the same.

on foot - chase over rooftops or down alleyways either until they stop and fight you or you can tackle them (usually going up a drainpipe as your partner pulls up in his car)
    car - chase and hit until car crashes but dont let the icon fade....as even if you make up speed again and can see the car, you can fail because the icon faded too much

i also agree with butters that there is no emotional involvement. one minute phelps will say "im really sorry to have to ask you but did you know the victim" and on the next question itll be "look you're a f**king nosy old hag and you saw where she went" and straight after "i know this is hard to answer and im sorry"
    the character is not developed enough where i'd actually care if there were a major storyline affecting him.

i think they have actually overplayed the "using the face to tell they are lying" selling point. sure, i might be able to tell someone is lying, but unless you have searched and found a clue that can back it up, it means nothing. yes i know the point is you search and be a detective, but its not a gamechanging fact. maybe if when accusing someone of a lie you could just force the question without needing proof (one partner even talks about it being easy to beat a confession out of someone - why not make it possible you could turn into a cop like that)

Thank Post
    Here what i though tof La Noire for those that are interested

In My Honest Opinion..

SHARE: