+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Final Fantasy XIV - A EduGeek role call :) in Fun Stuff; Hi all Just wondering if anyone is actually playing the love it, hate it beast that is FF XIV? Meant ...
    Thank Post

Cool Final Fantasy XIV - A EduGeek role call :)

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone is actually playing the love it, hate it beast that is FF XIV?

Meant to do this ages ago so here goes:

- World: Besaid
    - Starting City: Ul'dah
    - Char Name: Tarquelius Farqua
    - Play(ed) FF XI? Yes, Lakshumi world - Tarquel - RDM 69 [and I forget the rest but lvl'd WHM / BLM to about 40 and SMN to about 30]
    - Current Jobs / Ranks: THM50 / CON50 / ARC24 / and a few others.

If you're interested, i'm still playing it fairly regularly and would welcome more lovely people to join me

EDIT: Have created and fought hard but initially failed to keep a population of EU players in my own Linkshell, but started again and the numbers are growing again.

If you want to switch world, at least it doesnt cost anything really And at the current state, its pretty easy to get to a faily decent lvl quite quickly (I got my Archer to Rank15 in less than 2 hrs - probably could have done it in even less duo'ing & running Behest's)

Give me a PM on here or a /tell in game if you're in Besaid, or hell, if you want to switch to join us

Also, rolecall yourself here too if you are playing.... the official forums is just depressing to read through the moans and gripes continuously hehe

Cheers
    Last edited by tarquel; 14th September 2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Updated my stats and other info

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 1,463 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Did play but solely for single player...managed it in 36 hours (best time among my mates)...traded it after I completed it as I disliked online multiplayer as it was full of rank jockeys, or loot raiders and reminded me too much of WoW

Thank Post
    Unless we are getting confused here, i dont see how you completed it in 36 hrs tbh lol

But i dont disagree with the latter of what you said.... "full of rank jockeys, or loot raiders".... it certainly is, but isnt that what most MMORPG's are full of?

I'm just happy its still free each month still

I'm not sure where you traded it, but they were obviously clueless in taking a second hand copy of a online only game hehe

Still, its not the best thing (especially not when it released), but now at least, its certainly a ton better than it was.... i just hope they keep rolling in the decent changes

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    did not touch a single side quest, went through doing all main story, which was done in 36 hours...if I did side quests I could easily add another 30 hours or so.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    traded in the game at CEX...lol

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    traded in the game at CEX...lol
    hehe ahh that was my guess i had in my head

Gotta say if i'd just solo'd all the way to R50 just to play the Storyline, i'd have quit completely a long time ago some of the story sequences have been pretty lacklustre tbh....not quite the calibre I expect from a FF storyline thats for sure... quite the "fail" on their behalf though I did enjoy the R46 i did the other night If only they were all more like that

Thank Post
    I played the Beta from closed Beta stage all the way through to release but just couldn't stick with it.

Gave up just before Christmas due to the laggy interface and lack of content (side quests etc).

I've been thinking for a while of going back and seeing what the updates have done, have they sorted any of the problems i mentioned above?

From what I remember I was on Melmond server but I'd be tempted to switch if the games got any better.

Was 15 Gladiator, 14 Armour-smith, 12 Black-smith (or something close to that!).

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Didn't realise this was still free, may take a look at it again. Wasn't that impressed with the launch so depends how much is fixed.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well that didn't last. Active account but no means to download the game client.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jlucas View Post
    ...the laggy interface and lack of content (side quests etc)...

...have they sorted any of the problems i mentioned above?

Was 15 Gladiator, 14 Armour-smith, 12 Black-smith (or something close to that!).
    yeah, i have no real probs with the laggy interface - at least, none that i can think of offhand, and there is "more" content with the addition of side quests and such. Theres more to come along with whatever they are planning to rework the battle system (and a bunch of other stuff).

I'm certainly enjoying it again at least (enough to play for a week solid last week while being off work)

I cant say for the crafting, but to get to Rank 15 on any of the Battle jobs, will take about 2hrs (well, not as long as it did at any rate from starting fresh IMO)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Well that didn't last. Active account but no means to download the game client.
    What about the disc? install it again? lol

I dare say it'll be free for at least another few months - until they've reworked it and get the feedback telling them its actually good, and matches up to what everyone wants i guess

Thank Post
    Well I had a spin last night (after downloading a huuuuuge update!) and I can say it is defiantly a lot better than when I left it before Christmas.

Hardly any interface lag now, only had a bit when in a really crowded place in a city.

Fighting is a lot smoother, a lot less dis-jointed and more enjoyable. In fact my first leve I tried I got KO'd as everything happened so damn fast!

They've also sped up crafting, especially leves, you can now just select 'craft same thing again' and off you go. Much easier!

I've been trying to decide on this or Rift and I think I'll stick with this while its free and see what other adjustments come along.

Who knows, they may even tempt me to pay for it when its 'finished'.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tarquel View Post
    What about the disc? install it again? lol

I dare say it'll be free for at least another few months - until they've reworked it and get the feedback telling them its actually good, and matches up to what everyone wants i guess
    I don't have one. TBH I can't even remember if I bought the game the game but I was in beta and it says my account is active for the live servers. Beta installer doesn't work though.

Still, an MMO with no digital download in this day and age is terrible!

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Turns out I may have a beta account that is still active. Ooops!

Anyone fancy testing my theory...

Thank Post
    It wont work CAM - whether u had the beta client, media or not :P

You'd need to buy the game to get a key (or get one from a "friend" who has the game - may only be the Collectors Edition which contained the 30 day pass for a friend additional code.... which is what I bought, so dont really know about the normal version.

The std release is probably pretty cheap by now already [i'm guessing.... i havent the energy to look hehe]

@jlucas: what World/Server r ya on? Incidentally, I played the RIFT beta and while i only had it for a v short time before the game released, it was alright, but was very much a grind fest too i found....well, tons of little quests of kill x amount of y monsters, repeat and rinse.... the Rift's themselves were cool though, but thats as much as i got to see tbh.

Didnt really see anything that hadnt been done before really but had a nice blast on that beta i guess

With the exception of the Rift's part of Rift, it reminded me of less polished version of Guild Wars (and other similar MMO's), especially S.U.N. in particular, although the character leveling was pretty cool

Cheers

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast