+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, Wii 2 Announced in Fun Stuff; BBC News - Nintendo announces Wii 2 console Wow, Wii is 5 years old! I wonder if the new version ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,276 Times in 1,051 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wii 2 Announced

BBC News - Nintendo announces Wii 2 console

Wow, Wii is 5 years old! I wonder if the new version will include motion tracking, because I suspect without it, it will simply fail to catch up with the competition. It's a fair point that Nintendo focusses heavily on gameplay over technical aspects, but what will the public want?

Thank Post
    basing a system solely on graphical abilities is pointless. However, having a system on the market that cannot display the detail that their competitors can will always lose out. The Wii was a good concept but lacked one thing that the Kinect is also lacking along with the Playstation Move. GAMES!

In my mind the way the Wii should have worked is using the Wii Fit board along with the motion controller. You could use the board as a sort of movement platform and use the controls to look and interact with stuff. Could of been interesting in a Zelda game.

Speaking of Zelda, could the new Skyward sword be the first game on the new machine? I bet it is

Thank Post
    It'll have some innovative 3d system I would think.

Thank Post
    You mean full 3 dimensional motion tracking gameplay? Or head-ache inducing screens

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I predict two things:

1) 3D no glasses telly. They did it with the 3DS I wonder if they can reproduce it on a bigger screen? It'd have to be compatible with a lot of different types of telly though as the 3DS has a specifically built custom screen for it.

2) More integration with the DSi and 3DS systems. The latter two are both Internet capable, imagine being able to play a DS on the train, get home and carry on playing with the Wii. Or interact with a friend's Wii from your house over Wi-Fi. Nintendo are very dominant in the mobile gaming area as far as dedicated consoles go, Sony being the closest competitor and MS would have to venture into Windows Phone 7 territory to have a sniff at a mobile gaming device. I've also been watching more DS games acquire Internet capability though Nintendo still take child protection too far and wreck any online interaction with their friend codes instead of a proper gamertag you can use to show off to friends.

I haven't seen much cloud based stuff appear for Nintendo though, that may be a surprise for us.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread