+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Eve Online - Dark-Rising Corp recruiting! in Fun Stuff; "Walk in the light and live not in fear, for we are brothers our blood ligates us and holds us ...

Thank Post

Eve Online - Dark-Rising Corp recruiting!

"Walk in the light and live not in fear, for we are brothers our blood ligates us and holds us to our deeds"

* PVP

* Pilot welfare scheme

* Multi-timezone coverage

* Experienced Pilots

* Excellent Reputation within community

* Strong Industrial Base

* Independent

The dark is rising, be a part of the new dawn.

For more information join the ingame channel dark-rising to gain an insiders view of the corporation.

*FORUMS*

*KILLBOARD*

*Eve-O recruitment thread *

Thank Post
    Goodness i've not played EVE for agesssssssssssss!

Ended up selling my toons for a couple of hundred quid to a friend.

Those were the days! Camping gates, lagging until it crashed, coming back podded and having to replace my raven, lovely. haha.

Though i do miss Fountain, was in Xanadu corp and had great fun, then was in RKK for a while before i got rid.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    then was in RKK for a while before i got rid.

can see why you got rid

My account is mostly inactive at the mo.

Fountain alliance, [5], PL, C02 and PL again in my time. Just don't have that time to dedicate to the game that large alliances need unfortunately.

Thank Post
    Both of you most likely know my CEO Mitch Taylor then He's been around the fountain/rkk pile for a long while.

Things are fairly quiet atm; NC are play fighting with the Russian Drone regions on the east, Goons, PL and a few others are messing about in Delve/Fountain Querious, and the South couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery; that space changes hands every 3-6 months right now if not sooner.

Will be interesting to see what happens this year though, there's talk of major changes to Sov/Capitals/jump bridges.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The concept of this game is great, but I have always struggled with it due to PvP fear.

Thank Post
    The PvP in Eve is one of the harshest out thre. You can work for days/months/years to obtain something, and then lose it completely in 30 seconds. And sure, that sucks when it happens.
    The trick is, and why some of us mad people have played it for 5/6/7 years, is to cause that feeling in others more often than you cause it in yourself.

50% of the game is the people you play with, the other 50% is obtaining a balance; 100% PVP is unsustainable; you need money to buy new ships. All grinding is tedious and boring, and you get nothing for it but more grind.

The politics of eve are worth noting too; you either love it or loathe it. Within the game, anything goes that isn't classified as exploiting or abuse. You can scam them, call them names (as long as not racist etc). And this happens at an individual level between two people who just blew eachother up in a random system, or between 2 coalitions of 5-10,000 people. And it's the communities of eve that make it what it is.
    Dark is by far the best i've ever come across in online gaming, and i've been around a lot of online games over the years!

It's an overall experience that no other MMO provides

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    The concept of this game is great, but I have always struggled with it due to PvP fear.
    You just need to get blown up more. Buy 30 rifters and fittings, go pick fights with people. Explode, explode other people, improve.

We used to spend a couple of nights a month having internal corp 1-on-1 fights in T1 frigates just to get people acclimatised to exploding and learning how to not explode.
    Last edited by pete; 8th April 2011 at 09:18 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,453 Times in 1,899 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just don't do what I did. Forget you're in your mission fit CNR, and go to aid someone who claims they're being attacked by someone, then realise you're in your mission fit, and are now being nos'd, neuted, jammed and whatever else and *pop*. lol

Thank Post
    always fancied playing Eve online. Do you recommend it?

Thanks

Thank Post
    I'm in ROSS, fought both with and against you guys, although mostly against these days.
    I think I will stay in FW, all those carrier losses are too rich for my blood

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darbyshire View Post
    always fancied playing Eve online. Do you recommend it?
    If you have hundreds of hours to spare, enjoy spreadsheets and like being addicted, yep! Its a brilliant game, although I'm taking an extended hiatus at the moment as it was taking all my spare time up, not to mention money.

It has a *very* steep learning curve.

Thank Post
    tl;dr: find a good corp, maybe some friends from somewhere else, and join them, and try a bit of everything as quickly as possible.
    Once you've spent a couple weeks in the game, got a feel for it, then go out and make some money. You'll find that a lot of older players will happily chuck some free stuff in the way of a new keen player in those early days, so don't burn yourself out grinding like mad in the early days; otherwise you get bored and thinks it's nothing but grind.

It can get very time consuming/life consuming, but so do many of the other MMO's out there nowadays. I go back to it's all about balance. You need to put a little effort into getting somewhere initially, but you fall into routines soon enough to keep RL, money making and exploding in line.

I heavily recommend Faction warfare (FW) to budding pilots (new and old) looking for either their first taste(s) of blood, or getting back into it after a break; I spent 3+ years floating about in various empire/pirate corps, never really felt at home. FW was a lot of fun, always a fight to be had somewhere at all times of the day from 1v1 to 50-100 man fleet fights. I've never looked back, and having spent time doing the 0.0/sov/super-sized alliance, sometimes I miss the simplicity of undock, fly a few jumps, get a fight, rince and repeat.

Last night while gate camping we heard of some pirates messing about in a nearby system, sent some bait over, and hot dropped their 5 ships with 30+ via a titan bridge.... The tears were fun, one guy ranted following us and calling us names for 3 hours. 2 weeks ago a guy moved a freighter through our home system to refuel a pos tower in a wormhole; it died. He then got convo'd, and paid us a ransom, and asked us if he could bring a second freighter through..... That promptly died 20 minutes later.
    In one night you can go from a roam around looking for some cheap kills, to a 50 man defense fleet, right onto a fun roam with frigs and cheap cruisers. Then come home and play on the market to spend some money, and make some more.
    A guy you kill today could end up being a sworn enemy in the future, or even your closest teammate, or vice versa!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    If you have hundreds of hours to spare, enjoy spreadsheets and like being addicted, yep! Its a brilliant game, although I'm taking an extended hiatus at the moment as it was taking all my spare time up, not to mention money.

It has a *very* steep learning curve.
    Love that old pic....

But the curve is a lot better than it used to be. What gets many people, coming from the likes of WoW/Lotro and other MMO's, is the brutality of it; wheither your in a 5m frigate or a 50billion isk ship, when you die you get more than just a bit of a repair bill and a long trip back to where you were.... There's no "In combat res".
    The cold hard reality of life, is very evident in eve. People will kill you for a thrill, and befriend you if they think there's more thrills to be got by being your friend, at least for now.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydra View Post
    Love that old pic....

But the curve is a lot better than it used to be. What gets many people, coming from the likes of WoW/Lotro and other MMO's, is the brutality of it; wheither your in a 5m frigate or a 50billion isk ship, when you die you get more than just a bit of a repair bill and a long trip back to where you were.... There's no "In combat res".
    The cold hard reality of life, is very evident in eve. People will kill you for a thrill, and befriend you if they think there's more thrills to be got by being your friend, at least for now.
    Indeed it is easier now.

There are so many options too - carebearing, 0.0, faction warfare, pirating in lowsec, wormhole living, with manufacturing mixed into all of them.

Actually, this is all making me want to get back into it, and I was doing so well too. Clean for 6 months!

Thank Post
    I agree on the faction warfare, it is definitely jumping in the deep end for new pilots, but it very easy to earn good money and you will learn pvp quickly. The other advantantage is that you are very rarely required to log on for specific ops, if work is busy you can take a few weeks off and no one will mind. You might struggle to find a good corp that supports newer players, but do some research before applying and you will never look back.

Eve is the only game I have found so far where I never run out of new things to do. Sometimes I stray to other games, but always end up coming back.

If you do try it, the first month can be difficult, just persevere.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast