+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Eve Online - Dark-Rising Corp recruiting! in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by Jonny I'm in ROSS, fought both with and against you guys, although mostly against these days. I ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    I'm in ROSS, fought both with and against you guys, although mostly against these days.
    I think I will stay in FW, all those carrier losses are too rich for my blood
    We've killed more of them than we've lost! Those hurt a bit but every single one was replaced within a few weeks, and the guy who ran that whelp fleet left with his band of merry men a month or so ago. They are now pets of pets of pets of pets somewhere in the south.

Oh, and say hi to Deus XI from Brimmie for me He's an old old friend, and he's as much of a noob now as he was 5 years ago!

Thank Post
    I agree on the faction warfare, it is definitely jumping in the deep end for new pilots, but it very easy to earn good money and you will learn pvp quickly. The other advantantage is that you are very rarely required to log on for specific ops, if work is busy you can take a few weeks off and no one will mind. You might struggle to find a good corp that supports newer players, but do some research before applying and you will never look back.

Eve is the only game I have found so far where I never run out of new things to do. Sometimes I stray to other games, but always end up coming back.

If you do try it, the first month can be difficult, just persevere.
    I've been in eve since 2004; and I tried high sec freighter ganking for the first time ever only about 3 months ago Haven't done it for a while now, too much pod killing people stupid enough to come to the home system of 1200 pvp'ers to buy something 5% under the local market prices (which I put up there in the first place).

Thank Post
    Oh, and say hi to Deus XI from Brimmie for me He's an old old friend, and he's as much of a noob now as he was 5 years ago! [/QUOTE]

I will, but I think he is taking a break atm, haven't seen him in a while? Who shall I say says hi?

Thank Post
    Indeed EVE's learning curve is horrendus, then there's the re-training where you seem to start again with a new modules, ships, races.

Decide early on what you want to do and stick to it if you enjoy it, I for one spent the first part of the game training Indy, can fly a hulk and use full T2 modules, perfect refining and manufacture on a 2nd toon. EVERYBODY berrates me for this as a carebear move, mainly as i couldn't fly anything bigger than a battlecruiser for the 1st year and couldn't T2 fit most weaponary for another 6 months. (Still can't use T2 large projectile turrets but then i have lvl5 on all but cap drone skills flying a dominix)

I personally play eve as a relaxation and have never personally found pvp enjoyable, having lived in hi-low-null sec and wh space and been in a few corps ranging from indy-pve-merc-alliance (Northern coallition, WI, PSPR)

TBH choose a race, stick to training only that race till you are at a stage of thinking what to train next at least, I cross trained into every race up to battle cruiser and can fly most decently but did it mainly so i could move ships i had produced.

Thank Post
    ahh okay thanks all. Are there differemt servers to play on or just one?

Would you recommand one these is more than one?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,611 Times in 2,019 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darbyshire View Post
    ahh okay thanks all. Are there differemt servers to play on or just one?

Would you recommand one these is more than one?

Thanks
    Just the one huge server with, last I checked 50k average players on at once.

Thank Post
    Everybody is on the same 'server' as in everybody can get to everybody else there are no seperate instances etc, when you use the gates in game you may get moved to a different phisical server as eve is an extremly large game

Thank Post
    ahh okay. i remember there being a free trial. this still available?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darbyshire View Post
    ahh okay. i remember there being a free trial. this still available?
    Yup. https://secure.eveonline.com/ft/Free...spx?aid=103543

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Linux_Nut View Post
    Everybody is on the same 'server' as in everybody can get to everybody else there are no seperate instances etc, when you use the gates in game you may get moved to a different phisical server as eve is an extremly large game
    Not 100% true. If it is a system with 'mass fights' going on, and the people have pre-booked, then that system will be on its own physical server. Or, say, Jita. But most systems share servers. Wormhole systems aren't kept active unless there is a pilot on them, and they share servers too.

But yes, it is extremely large, thousands of systems, hundreds of thousands of planets etc...

Thank Post
    sorry what i meant is the eve universe is stored on lots of phisical servers with some dedicated to the likes of Jita, but in game there is only one server-instance-realm (call it what you like) that all players are in (unless you are in japan/china i think in which case they have their own dedicated server i belive so there's no communication with the rest of the planet)

Thank Post
    Eve is a really odd game. A mix of very slow, and very compulsive.
    Been with it about 6 months now and still loving it.
    There are plenty of good corps out there that activly recruit newbies and help them out.
    I did the tutorials, and then the Epic Arc set of missions to get into the game, then straight into a high sec based mission running/industrial/mining corp.
    Great bunch of guys, everyone is willing to help with advice and free modules.

The game is definitly worth a look (14 day free trial, 28 if you get a buddy to recommend you)
    And with the upcoming addons it looks like it's going to get much better with incarna and dust coming out soon.

Thank Post
    downloading it now for the 14 days day trial to have a go at it. hopefully ill enjoy it

Thank Post
    Eve was a great game that took up a lot of my time from 2001 - 2004 and most of my life in the alpha/beta tests and the first few months after launch . I can still remember the time they decided to fly a titan into the alpha-test system just to see what we'd all do . That was a bit of a lag fest! Unfortunately I haven't played in years, but with all the changes and improvements since I last played I really should get back into it - only problem I have is that I can't remember the password into my old account!

Thank Post
    Oh, and say hi to Deus XI from Brimmie for me He's an old old friend, and he's as much of a noob now as he was 5 years ago!
    I will, but I think he is taking a break atm, haven't seen him in a while? Who shall I say says hi?[/QUOTE]

Im not 100% positive but i think Deus XI is in Hidden Agenda[HiD] (the Corp i am in, in eve.) Im sure i have seen a char with that name in crop chat...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast