+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Rift in Fun Stuff; So who's switched to Rift? I played it when final fantasy xi was down (japan situation) and it's pretty cool....
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Rift

So who's switched to Rift?

I played it when final fantasy xi was down (japan situation) and it's pretty cool.

Thank Post
    I haven 't switched as such (still playing WoW) but myself and a few of my WoW guild members also play Rift. It's great fun, i kind of like the fact that it isn't perfect, things glitch, you fall through the world, bosses sometimes do insane things. It's a nice change from the pixel perfect super polished WoW which i think has lost some appeal because of that. They are constantly updating, changing, fixing (a patch every other day or so) to fix issues that occur.

The classes and soul systems allow for all kinds of fun with how your character works and there is actually more then 1 way to play each class (which may have been a concern to some).

Instant public groups make popping on for 30mins very viable as you can log on go find something big in the world to kill and just join a group that is doing it also, no sitting in lfg channels for hours to get into the action.

If you have played WoW you wont even have to look at the tutorials as they *cough* borrowed a lot of the controls, interface etc from it. For new players i can imagine it might seem a little daunting as with any MMORPG but the tutorials are good and you can't do anything that will screw your toon up in the long term.

Thank Post
    I'm going to bring this up as I was searching for a Rift thread and found this, negating the need to make my own. I hope this thread revival might bring more "riftjunkies" out of the woodwork.

Been playing since pre-launch, huge amount of bugfixes since the OP, and the new 1.3 patch is just over the hill. I run one of the largest guilds on Firesand (RP-PvP) - Invictus.

LFG tool is now implemented, making instances much more viable along with the tonne of soul and class tweaks.

It's an intense game that, while feels like WoW, is in an entireless different class. Personally I find it is so superior both visually and gameplay wise. The entire nature of the game makes it unique, spontaneous and allows for near limitless play-styles due to the 3-soul system.

You can now download a 7-day Rift trial, or use the "ascend-a-friend" program. Let me know if anybody wants to try it out! Could always use more hungry Ascended in the fight against the Defiants!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    I'm going to bring this up as I was searching for a Rift thread and found this, negating the need to make my own. I hope this thread revival might bring more "riftjunkies" out of the woodwork.

Been playing since pre-launch, huge amount of bugfixes since the OP, and the new 1.3 patch is just over the hill. I run one of the largest guilds on Firesand (RP-PvP) - Invictus.

LFG tool is now implemented, making instances much more viable along with the tonne of soul and class tweaks.

It's an intense game that, while feels like WoW, is in an entireless different class. Personally I find it is so superior both visually and gameplay wise. The entire nature of the game makes it unique, spontaneous and allows for near limitless play-styles due to the 3-soul system.

You can now download a 7-day Rift trial, or use the "ascend-a-friend" program. Let me know if anybody wants to try it out! Could always use more hungry Ascended in the fight against the Defiants!
    I'll give it a bash once I'm finished with LA Noire (but I only started this morning :-P)!

Thank Post
    I've been a bit switchy for a long time, always end up going back to World of Warcraft though. Tried Aion was quite good will probably check out a trial of Rift.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have rift, just not sure about it. I wish the hills were not so barrow/bare as it is boring unlike the WoW.

Thank Post
    Far superior to WoW in my eyes and given time will eclipse it.

Only problem is, practically everyone playing Rift says they are only playing it to fill a gap for The Old Republic, myself included.

Can't wait to get my lightsabre out again, nothing has quite hit the spot that Galaxies did.
    Last edited by Butters; 9th June 2011 at 11:03 AM.

Thank Post

I've got a few hours to kill this weekend... Do you want to drop me an invite? domshawatgmail.com

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

I am going to create a char on that server today so hopefully will see you around.

Thank Post
    I'm on the Argent shard at the moment due to my old kinship from LOTRO but could be persauded to move.

They've just announced they will be Sith on The Old Republic and that goes against every goodie two shoes bone in my body.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    My Rift was purchased through steam so those that have steam should join the EduGeek Steam group (Steam EduGeek Group) and drop me a message to q together as its a fresh char for me.

Thank Post
    Sorry for not checking this thread! (especially @Dom_ !) . Chatting with ZeroHour right now in Argent Glade. He's told me your char name, and I've joined the Edugeek Steam Group (I should be on there as Mako). I'll give you a whisper when you're on!

Thank Post
    I'm playing Rift too. Great game. I've recently tried going back to WoW, AoC and WAR...all kinda feel dull.

Although Rift is 'another MMORPG' the soul system works very well. Five different roles can be configured by mixing and matching between three out of eight Souls (plus a PVP soul). So at only level 29 I have separate roles for tanking, PVP and general adventuring. This means that the four classes offers a lot of playstyle variety.

It looks nice on the eye, too. I read a lot that WAR and AoC are 'beautiful' but they look pretty dull on my rig (which won't be taking over the universe anytime soon). Rift looks pretty good, though.

The PVP is a lot of fun and the randomly spawning Rift invaisons that throw out small armies of mobs that attack each other, the players and the local mobs can make things challenging.

The only downside is that the races are a little lacking in variety - you can be human, elf or (the faction choice) a dwarf or Bahami (big purple guys). The models are nicely done, mind you.

It is definitely worth giving a go to. My ascend a friend link if you fancy giving it a try. Honour, Defiant, Blightweald.

I don't think of it as a placeholder game by any means
    Last edited by Zoatibix; 7th July 2011 at 07:34 PM.

Thank Post
    I am currently looking at moving my guild from Firesand. As the only PvP-RP server I had hoped it would be the best, but every guild bar ours has moved away, and the shard is all-but dead.

An estimated timeframe of 2 weeks to reach a decision. I have members in different shards who are scouting them out and giving feedback.

For anyone still interested - please visit my guild's website link above. We have always been the largest guild on our shard, and now we're seriously considering moving to a new home. Be a part of it!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I am currently looking at moving my guild from Firesand. As the only PvP-RP server I had hoped it would be the best, but every guild bar ours has moved away, and the shard is all-but dead.

An estimated timeframe of 2 weeks to reach a decision. I have members in different shards who are scouting them out and giving feedback.

For anyone still interested - please visit my guild's website link above. We have always been the largest guild on our shard, and now we're seriously considering moving to a new home. Be a part of it!
    Sounds interesting
    I have not been able to login for the last couple of weeks, things have been rather busy but I hope to get back soon.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information