+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Gaming Thread, The World of Woecraft in Fun Stuff; The WoW battle chest is usually a good buy, there's WoW and the first expansion with the game guides included. ...
    TheLibrarian
    The WoW battle chest is usually a good buy, there's WoW and the first expansion with the game guides included.

Be warned though just buying the game won't get you any time playing it, you have to buy a time card too.

You can get a free 10 day pass and at the end of that you can turn that into a full account by buying the game (and as many expansions as you like) plus a time card.

TheLibrarian
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    At the moment this is all theoretical... I pretty much just lost one of my jobs, so about a third of my income is going to dissapear in a few weeks.
    Hmm, not a great time to be adding expenditure, time cards are about £9 for 30 days, there are discounts for greater day counts but the discounts aren't great.

I've gone for a monthly renewal thing.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLibrarian View Post
    Be warned though just buying the game won't get you any time playing it, you have to buy a time card too.
    You actually get one month (well, 30 days) play time when you by the original game. The expansions come with no game time, they just "unlock" the content.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,479 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The WoW battle chest is usually a good buy, there's WoW and the first expansion with the game guides included.

You can get a free 10 day pass and at the end of that you can turn that into a full account by buying the game (and as many expansions as you like) plus a time card.

I could have sworn the battle chest came with a time card... Maybe I'm thinking of the collectors ed.

I might try out the 10-day trial. How cut down is it compared to full Woecraft?

TheLibrarian
    I could have sworn the battle chest came with a time card... Maybe I'm thinking of the collectors ed.
    I definitely didn't get a time card with my Battle Chest.

I think there's a level limit, maybe level 20, and you can't get to more than one continent (IIRC).

10 days would give you a good go, you could hit level 20 within the 10 days but it's not overly likely.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13
    The original game does not come with a "30/60/90 play time" card as such, you register the CD-Key against your account and they can tell it's new which gives you 30 days play time. That's how it worked with mine anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by x-13
    Originally Posted by X-13
    When I did my 10 day trial, there were no limitations on it, apart from you can only roll races from the original game? Mind you, this was a few years ago so it may have changed.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I definitely didn't get a time card with my Battle Chest.

I think there's a level limit, maybe level 20, and you can't get to more than one continent (IIRC).

10 days would give you a good go, you could hit level 20 within the 10 days but it's not overly likely.

It was probably a collectors ed I was looking at then...

10 days wouldn't be enough for me to hit Lvl.20. I tend to level slowly because I faff about doing unimportant things.

What races/classes are in the trial? I'm guessing it isn't all of them.
    Last edited by X-13; 31st March 2011 at 02:03 PM.

Thank Post
    I stand corrected. From Wow-Wiki:

When you sign up to a trial account, you are limited to the following:[1]

Maximum level of 20.
    Maximim of 10 Gold
    Capped at 100 in your two main professions,[1] or 150 in secondary professions.[citation needed]
    You can't create or join a guild.
    You can't whisper someone who has not added you to their friends list.
    You can't trade, either via the auction house, mailbox or player-to-player trading.
    You can't use in-game chat channels other than say, whisper, party, etc.
    You can't receive mail other than from Game Masters.
    You can't use voice chat.
    You can't use the paid character transfer service.
    You can't invite other players to a party.
    You can't join a party with a player above level 20.
    You can't use /yell.
    You can't use Real ID features.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    hmm... Says nothing about races. Maybe I can make a Worgen after all.

If not it's Blood Elf Rogue all the way.

Thank Post
    I did the trial recently, you can use worgen. Worth doing the trial for 10 days or until you hit the level cap, then activate!

Thank Post
    Levelling in wow is extremely fast now btw, probably 10-20 minutes per level @ 10-20.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Oh cool.

Next question... Race abilities, stats, skills

How does it work? [and can you redo stat/skill distribution if you make a mistake]

Thank Post
    The WoW website says you can only have a 10 day trial for the expansions (including playing as the races) if you have the previous required expansions:

For your Vanilla WoW trial, you need to own no WoW games and can play as a Night Elf, Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Ork, Forsaken, Troll or Tauren.
    For a Burning Crusade 10 day trial, you must own a copy of WoW, but in the trial, you can play as a Draenei or Blood Elf
    For a Wrath of the Lych King 10 day trial, you must own WoW and The Burinig Crusade expansions, but in the trial you can play as a Death Knight
    For a Cataclysm 10 day trail, you must own a copy WoW, the Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lych King, but in the trial, you can play as a Worgen or Goblin

So for your trial, you will be restricted to Night Elf, Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Ork, Forsaken, Troll or Tauren.
    Last edited by Rawns; 31st March 2011 at 02:20 PM.

Thank Post
    Each race has certain abilities, you can read about them on the wow website. They're all fairly similar, and don't make much difference in the end.

Stats are applied automatically, so don't worry about them!

Skills / talent points, you get 1 every other level, and once learned can only be unlearnt by paying at your trainer (free the first time i think). At level 30 you get 'dual talents', so you can have two seperate specs and switch between (handy if you are a hybrid, so you can have a healer spec and a DPS spec, or a tank spec and a healer spec).

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    So for your trial, you will be restricted to Night Elf, Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Ork, Forsaken, Troll or Tauren.
    BOOOOO!

Forsaken it is then. Or maybe Ork. Probably still rolling a rogue. I just wanted a race I liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom_ View Post
    Each race has certain abilities, you can read about them on the wow website. They're all fairly similar, and don't make much difference in the end.

Stats are applied automatically, so don't worry about them!

Skills / talent points, you get 1 every other level, and once learned can only be unlearnt by paying at your trainer (free the first time i think). At level 30 you get 'dual talents', so you can have two seperate specs and switch between (handy if you are a hybrid, so you can have a healer spec and a DPS spec, or a tank spec and a healer spec).
    That's actually quite cool.

I've played things where it gets set in stone and where you can respec as you like.

With the race abilities, do you have to assign points or do they auto-level?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast