+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, Wii Games in Fun Stuff; OK, I need help. I have a Wii and a few games, namely GH but recently I have been given ...

Thank Post

Wii Games

OK, I need help. I have a Wii and a few games, namely GH but recently I have been given a copy of Super Mario Bros from a friend which me and my girlfriend completed recently. She really enjoyed playing it, but as we cant keep it forever it will have to go back soon and I dont really want to buy a copy for us.

Anyway, it was quite good being able to play 2 player as my girlfriend likes platform games and being able to help out on tough levels is quite good. But now we've finished it, I'm looking for any other good games which would be good for 2 players. Ideally I would like to pick up a couple of second hand games and have looked at Super Mario Galaxy and Donkey Kong, but some of the reviews indicate they might be a bit hard. Does anyone have any suggestions of good 2 player platform type games which may be worth looking at? Are there alternatives to Mario or is that the best out there?

Thank Post
    No game suggestions at all?

Thank Post
    MarioKart is great... (not quite platform though)

don't play the wii much so other than that not really sure

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sister_annex View Post
    MarioKart is great... (not quite platform though)

don't play the wii much so other than that not really sure
    Yeah, thats the only other game she plays

Thank Post
    I take it you do the wii sports and all that, again not platform but still fun when two player

Thank Post
    Super Smash Bros Brawl is so much fun, forget that its a fighting game, its the best multiplayer game on the Wii for my money.

Thank Post
    Yes, games we have, GH, MarioKart,Mario Olympics. To be honest I was suprised how much fun I had with Super Mario as the last time I played it was on the SNES.

But I suppose all I am after is some games to play with my girlfriend so any suggestions are welcome

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 991 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Super Mario Galaxy isn't hard... it leads you into the game so beautifully that you will pick the game up fine. Only downside is it's not really two-player co-op. One person controls Mario and the other person has a, er, twinkly fairy pointer to collect star chunks with. So it's more of a "pass the controller but you don't have to be completely bored while the other person plays". Utterly brilliant in every other way though, so I can forgive it.

I seem to recall Super Paper Mario allowed for proper co-op but it's been about 4 years since I played it, so memory is hazy.

Thank Post
    Thanks, alternatively are there any puzzle games that are any good? She likes to play Bejewelled and Zuma but as she can play these on the computer, I was looking for alternatives for the Wii.

Edit: Why cant I thank posts?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 991 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold View Post
    Thanks, alternatively are there any puzzle games that are any good? She likes to play Bejewelled and Zuma but as she can play these on the computer, I was looking for alternatives for the Wii.

Edit: Why cant I thank posts?
    Cos of the forum we're in, Thank Post is only available in some of the forums.

Puzzle games... not played this one personally, but I've repeatedly heard good things about Boom Blox, could be worth looking into. De Blob is also cheap and rumoured to be good.

Zak & Wiki for point n click style funtimes, but, again - that's by reputation. Look em up and check out some reviews/videos, see if they're your cup of tea.

Thank Post
    I cant give rep or thanks, so I'll just have to express it here. All suggestions much apreciated.

Thanks All

Thank Post
    I havnt played the Wii version but Mario Smash Football (for the GC) is possibly the best football game I have ever played! What mario kart is for racing, mario football is for football. It can be played at 2 levels; just for a bit of fun, or once you master it it can get very intense indeed. 4 player is an absolute riot - just beware that there will be a lot of shouting.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread