+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Multiplayer single PC game suggestions in Fun Stuff; As much as I love multiplayer FPSs I also have friends, you know the ones in real life who come ...

Thank Post

Multiplayer single PC game suggestions

As much as I love multiplayer FPSs I also have friends, you know the ones in real life who come round your house for a beer. Looking at the choice of games lately I seem to be in a minority as other than the obvious, footy & fighting, there seems to be very little in way of games which you can play together on a single PC.

So suggestions???? Anything at all really, so long as you can both play at the same time or within short succession; I'm not really looking for hot seat Total War type games.

Cheers

Thank Post
    Bbbbbump

Thank Post
    Can't think of anything that does what you want! Didn't think PC gamers had real friends? Joking of course..

You looked into getting a console? I wasn't sure about them at first, but 2 years down the line and PC gaming is dead to me.

Thank Post
    Yeah, a console would make sense. Now it's just a matter of using the USB cable to sync your PS3 controller and Bob's your uncle. I don't know how Wiis or Xbox 360s work but I'd imagine it's not that much harder.
    Last edited by DAZZD88; 12th January 2011 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Fingers got excited.

Thank Post
    Off the top of my head..

Left 4 dead has split screen with a xbox controller...

You can get a lot of the fifa / pes games on the pc. Again you will probably need another controller.

Hot seat wise, something like Trackmania (Free!!!) might be okay.

And almost forgot. WORMS!!! don't think that needs any more explanation

Best answer would be to get a console, they are designed with the social/casual market in mind.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'd have to agree with most other suggestions and say to get a console. If you wanted Split screen FPS you'd be spoilt for choice:

Call of Duty games,
    Rainbow Six Vegas 2.
    Left 4 Dead (Might have split screen on PC I don't know)

Just a few examples

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatmas View Post
    I'd have to agree with most other suggestions and say to get a console. If you wanted Split screen FPS you'd be spoilt for choice:

Call of Duty games,
    Rainbow Six Vegas 2.
    Left 4 Dead (Might have split screen on PC I don't know)

Just a few examples
    Unfortunately my friends won't play FPSs with me or atleast not enough to justify buying a console just for that; I've played them since Wolfenstein/Doom/Rise of the Triads sort of time where as most of them think the first ever FPS was Halo. As such its not really a fair fight.
    I'm trying to phase them into it but I guess its just one of those things that once you've hammered the PC versions, consoles will never be a challenge. (Not that I'm trying to blow my own trumpet too much but I'd guess most people who started out around teh same time can relate)

Trackmania - yeah we actually play that every now and again, brill game for what it is. Had never heard of it until I spotted it on a forum.
    Last edited by j17sparky; 12th January 2011 at 09:27 AM.

Thank Post
    What about games like Gears of war, Army of two, Resident Evil 5, Lost Planet 2? These all have some form of 'playing with mates' mode, but are not FPS. Gears of war is a brilliant game (and I'm a PS3 fan boy).

Thank Post
    Trackmania is pretty addictive and I don't really like driving games

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    On PC:

Audiosurf

I cannot recommend this game enough, just get it on Steam. Seriously.

Thank Post
    Its the fact you need it to be used on a single pc thats the kicker, if you ment in a lan environment or online there are loads of alternatives.

Alien Swarm is a cool free game via steam, not fps more top down co-op shooter. and there are games like l4d where you will be working with your mates, meaning your skill level will make you the hero not the "cheating $£$%£"

Can relate I play call of duty at a high level, never with my "offline" friends though... I feel uncleany geeky saying that off to take a shower

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    Lost Planet 2
    I've got that. How do you mean multiplayer? I thought it was only single player or co-op on a LAN?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatmas View Post
    Audiosurf
    Heard a few recommendations for that, will give it a bash.

Quote Originally Posted by LiamH View Post
    Its the fact you need it to be used on a single pc thats the kicker, if you ment in a lan environment or online there are loads of alternatives.
    I know its a pain. I've got a laptop to use too but its a pain as firstly you need to sit on the spare (back breaking) stool so that you can sit at my other desk, but mainly because its a 13' macbook pro which obviously means graphics intensive games are out teh window.

Its just annoying that there seems to be a decline in games, even on the consoles, which you can play with your real mates rather than "dazza639 from random part of the country". Between us we've got access to the xbox 360, PS3 and Wii, yet the one we use by far the most is the Gamecube as the games are just so much better for friends to play. Its pathetic really when you think about it </rant>

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    Its just annoying that there seems to be a decline in games, even on the consoles, which you can play with your real mates rather than "dazza639 from random part of the country". Between us we've got access to the xbox 360, PS3 and Wii, yet the one we use by far the most is the Gamecube as the games are just so much better for friends to play. Its pathetic really when you think about it </rant>
    Can relate to that, PSone had some great split screen games, if you don't mind the dated graphics and get hold of a copy would recommend team buddys and futurecop LAPD.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    I've got that. How do you mean multiplayer? I thought it was only single player or co-op on a LAN?

Heard a few recommendations for that, will give it a bash.

I know its a pain. I've got a laptop to use too but its a pain as firstly you need to sit on the spare (back breaking) stool so that you can sit at my other desk, but mainly because its a 13' macbook pro which obviously means graphics intensive games are out teh window.

If you have access to a Wii surely the new GoldenEye is worth a shot!

Thank Post
    You are really limited on the PC for split screen games. Even games that have split screen mode on the consoles tend not to have it on the PC. (Although L4D and L4D2 you can tinker with the config files to allow you to do it).

The none FPS ones I have had most fun with have been Blur and Sonic All Stars Racing. Both are carting games. The sonic ones not too bad as single player too.

Now if you want to try something completely different you could give Sleep is Death a go. It’s a multiplayer storytelling kind of game. You make a scene for someone and then they explore it and will do something. You then respond then they have a play again. It can get very weird very fast.

Ian.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast